PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss Michael Fright's 35 foot Tantive IV?

JediMAC
06-17-2002, 06:42 PM
I'm quite positive that just a week or two prior to C2, I saw a post on Scum or Yakface that Michael Fright (the guy who makes the TRUE scale vehicles) would be bringing his custom built 35 foot Tantive IV to C2 in Indy. I'm guessing that never happened, since I never saw it or heard about it being there. Is that true? I didn't miss it, right?

By the way, here's a link to the thing on the back of a semi (note the man at the back and the Darth Maul semi as well). Amazing...

http://collectibles.echostation.com/imagebin/hugetantive.jpg

Think a true scale Star Destroyer is out of the question...???

[ 06-17-2002, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: JediMAC ]

BigDumbWookiee
06-17-2002, 07:00 PM
I think I heard a rumor somwhere that his original was destroyed by a tornado or high winds or something? I could be wrong though. I certainly missed it if it did show up at C2.

I really like the Tantive, but it seems to lack the detail of his Sandcrawler and ATAT. But Im not complaining! THe thing is freakin awesome!

Hmmmmm, a true scale Star Destroyer. I'd have to say that probably is out of the question, but then again, before I knew about the Tantive IV, I probably would have thought it to be out of question as well...

JediMAC
06-18-2002, 08:37 PM
Yes, Michael's original work was badly damaged by a storm just when it was nearing completion, but he decided to fix the damage, and as you can see from the recent picture, did complete this project. Here's the original newspost (I just found) from Yakface's:

Tantive IV Arriving At Celebration II
February 9, 2002 | 4:53 AM EST | Bill

This just in from Michael Fright-- shipwright of the Tantive IV:

"Here is an E-mail I just received from Jeanette Keblish, Sales & Marketing Manager of the Celebration II.

Hi Michael, we are looking for a spot to park the trailer and model outside the convention center. It is looking very promising. In fact it is a 95% done deal so with that in mind we were hoping you would be able to have it in Indy before Thursday 5/2 at 10 am. We are hoiping to stage a media event with your model and the 501st legion of Stormtroopers. What do you think the possibility of you being able to be there with your model by that time?"

Ook
06-20-2002, 05:21 PM
I believe he posted on the official site forum that they wouldn't pay for his hotel expenses, and he decided to cancel.