PDA

View Full Version : Free Books

Jedi_Turok
05-29-2002, 04:53 PM
Went to the free book give away Friday and got a few hardback additions of Star Wars Incredible Cross-Sections by the folks at Dorling Kindersley.

Picked a couple of the starwars kids activity books too.

Did not "fill" my bag like the guy behind me did. This guys pockets were "bursting" with books....good thing a wizard moderator caught him and made him put some books back.

This was supposed to be a three day book give away....and those books went like hotcakes.
images/icons/shocked.gif

Worst thing I saw was a vendor that made you buy an item then would give you a starwars comic.

The only problem with that was the starwars comic was supposed to be free, it was one of the free comics on Saturday for "Free comic book day".

I mean give me a break...... images/icons/mad.gif

bobafett14
05-29-2002, 07:30 PM
I got to the book giveaway really late on Fri.-(only picked up some foriegn stuff), but a collecting buddy got there and got us both some really great books. I got a foriegn Boba Fett comic which was great! Almost the complete set of German (I think) young jedi knights series, a foriegn book/audiotape, a japaneese manga style book(wanted more of these)and some other misc. stuff. Can't beat the price. I got a handful of the free SW comics at my local comic store Thurs. before I left for Indy, but yeah I saw guys selling them at C2 also.