PDA

View Full Version : Femi Taylor Autographed Photo

cmaybur
05-26-2002, 08:21 PM
Warning: This message has nothing to do with Brian Semling or overpriced Jorg Sacul action figures. You have been warned...

One of the highlights of the Celebration for me was meeting Femi Taylor, who played Oola in ROTJ. On Friday afternoon, I noticed that the line to get into the autograph area was relatively short. I came to the Celebration knowing that Hayden Christensen was going to be there, and I put two and two together, got five, and assumed that he would be signing autographs like the rest of the celebrities. Of course, had I done even the smallest amount of research ahead of time, I would have realized that he was not signing autographs. The end result was that I had an autograph voucher to use, and really no one whose autograph I wanted. I looked around to see whose autograph I could "settle for". Billy Dee Williams' line was quite long, and so was Jeremy Bulloch's. Then I noticed that there was no one in line to meet Femi Taylor. I couldn't understand this... a beautiful exotic dancer and no one in line to meet her? It turned out to be a real pleasure to meet her. Ms. Taylor was very friendly, and since there was no one waiting behind me, we had a short conversation after she autographed her photo for me. So even though I didn't come to the Celebration planning to get her autograph, meeting Femi Taylor turned out to be one of the highlights of the weekend for me.

I have had the photo framed. Here is a picture of it:

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/3754952/1022454297573_Frame1.jpg

While I had the photo being framed, I went ahead and also had them frame the following piece for me as well:

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/3754952/1022454297082_Frame2.jpg

I think both pieces turned out very nicely.

Did anyone else have a postive experience meeting any of the celebrities at the Celebration?

musasa
05-27-2002, 01:57 PM
She was there with her newborn baby. I talked with her for a few minutes, as nobody was in her line. Very nice woman.

musasa
05-27-2002, 01:59 PM
I enjoyed meeting Warwick Davis the most. Very friendly chap, which is especially impressive as his post SW career has been far more successful than any of the other signers, aside from Fisher, perhaps.

bobafett14
05-28-2002, 07:39 PM
She was breastfeeding Sat. when I went to get her auto and pic. I didn't notice at first, so I told her I'd stop back later. I didn't get back until late Sun. afternoon. Well, just my luck, so I ended up having to settle for a pic of her breasfeeding, Doh!