PDA

View Full Version : How much did you spent on C2?

amanamanaman
05-15-2002, 10:40 PM
I couldn't go to last month's C2 (I'm too far away) but plan on doing a money stash for C3 on 2005 (I wonder why WOTC couldn't make C3 a little "souther" images/icons/mad.gif )

I was wondering how much you spent on collectibles (please exclude travel expenses, food, lap dances, etc)

This is to know how much $$ should I amass in 3 years.... images/icons/grin.gif

Darth_Kenobi
05-15-2002, 10:50 PM
I bought $500 with me to C2. I ended up bring home $90 of that back, but I charged about $250 on autos and $95 on a pin set. So I ended up spending around $750.00 on C2. images/icons/shocked.gif And that not including hotels or air travel. Around $100 of that is food. So I spent $650 on mechandise.

ECHO_3
05-16-2002, 07:19 PM
SHEEEEE, quit dont tell my wife,...
$800
mostly MOC vintage and a boat load to A.F.A images/icons/tongue.gif

BigDumbWookiee
05-16-2002, 09:20 PM
Oh my oh my, I feel so ashamed of myself looking at these replies! I guess Im too much of an impulse buyer..

I spent about $3000.00 including preorders. I dont think I realized I even spent that much until I read this post and started adding stuff up! I guess I do feel likes its money well spent though, heres what I bought (or preordered):
In the C2 Store:
Leather Jacket, 2 TShirts, 1 Sport Shirt, 2 Pens, 2 Pins, 1 Stamp Set, 2 Figures, 2 Badge Sets, 1 Baseball Cap, 1 Lifesize Yoda Cardboard Standup
In the dealer area:
A bunch of cards from the vendor by Suncoast, the LE 500 Signed RA Salvatore AOTC Novel, the Ultimate Autograph Set, The soundtrack set, a pin set, lifesize Yoda replica from Rubies.........

I think the big deal is, I spent all this money, but more than half of that money spent was on stuff I still dont have: Yoda, Autograph Set, Badge Set, and pin set.......

My god, Im embarressed

[ 05-16-2002, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: BigDumbWookie ]

bibfortuna
05-16-2002, 10:31 PM
Let's see - my wife and I spent $40 on Sacul (our 2 each) $40 on a Dave Dorman print, $12 on one poster, $6 on another (I think). 4 Ultaramas and an extra background set for $20 each, + $5 for the backgrounds.

So, close to $185 - and that was it. Wow, I did pretty good.

I was thinking of the MR saber - but I wanted a Vader one, not the Anakin one - and they weren't selling them there anyway.

The other stuff was all too expensive for me. I kind of wanted a set of the passes, but they didn't seem worth it.

Rob

sithlord424
05-16-2002, 11:05 PM
I spent about $2500.I bought a life size anakin (in his podracing suit complte with helmet and flip up glasses) for $800.00, 2 saculs, a mr anakin saber and alot of stuff from the dealer area.I found alot of reasonably priced stuff in there.I had to get anakin though he has become quite the conversation piece when friends stop by.I had a blast there with my wife so it was money well spent.

BigDumbWookiee
05-16-2002, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by sithlord424:
I spent about $2500.I bought a life size anakin (in his podracing suit complte with helmet and flip up glasses) for $800.00, 2 saculs, a mr anakin saber and alot of stuff from the dealer area.I found alot of reasonably priced stuff in there.I had to get anakin though he has become quite the conversation piece when friends stop by.I had a blast there with my wife so it was money well spent.<font size="2" face="arial">I was suprised by how quickly that Anakin, Jar Jar and Naboo Fighter went (Im assuming that is where you got your Anakin, the place with all three?). I really wanted to get the Naboo fighter, but it had already been sold.

DukeJoey__of_ERG
05-20-2002, 03:23 PM
Silly me, I just brought my debit card with $450 in the account images/icons/smile.gif Oh and about $230 in cash. Spent(after tickets) around $400. 2 Saculs, a great vintage autographed rare photo, a Takara R2, vintage rotj sticker display, Luke Gunner card, Luke x-wing small coin, TIE interceptor box flat, and a partridge in a pear tree. images/icons/smile.gif

mgibson72
05-20-2002, 03:35 PM
I didn't spend a lot on merchandise (who wanted to stand in that line?!? Sheesh!) but I did end up buying a T-shirt (to be delivered later...grrrr) and a Ralph McQuarrie interview DVD. Pretty incidental stuff compared with some other people here!

But my real expense was getting there: airline tickets, hotel, food, show tickets, etc. ended up costing me around $500 and I live on the West Coast. I travelled with two others so our costs were split.

On a side note, I find it difficult to read the comments about how some people would rather see C3 on the East Coast. This is only going to cause the same trouble for West Coasters that it would for East Coasters if C3 were held in San Diego. Indy is centrally located and was a wonderful city to visit. The trouble and expense seemed to be equal for just about everyone there.
MG

rmschneider104
05-21-2002, 12:22 AM
I took $1,200 with me and came home with $400.

bobafett14
05-26-2002, 03:03 PM
I was in the $500+ range as well.

$240ish in autographs

$125ish for the room(split) cheap room.
travel was cheap(company car-expense most of the miles)
$60 in food, brought drinks ;^)
$75 3-day pass
$50-$75 in misc. C2 merchandise-C2poster, C2 figs. etc.

[ 05-26-2002, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: bobafett14 ]