PDA

View Full Version : Everyone please come back to Indy asap!

BigDumbWookiee
05-13-2002, 03:25 PM
Well, the days before C2, it rained like crazy, and the days after it rained like crazy. Everyone, come back to Indy and stop the rain, I beg of you! :c)
I woke up this morning, and to my wonderment, Im suddenly the owner of beautiful lake side property!! My backyard is so flooded, that our pond overflowed, there is about 10 inches of standing water above the level of the pond, and our fish are swimming everywhere BUT the pond..... Ever see a fish swim in a bird bath, or in a bush?
I feel like Noah, well sort of. I mean, "Noah was a drunk and look what he acomplished"....... The true beauty of it is, our house isnt within 10 miles of a stream, creek or river........

05-13-2002, 03:41 PM
I'm in that "boat" with you. Got mushrooms growing in the yard yet?

05-13-2002, 03:44 PM
the creek behind my house that i used to be able to jump over is now a river...as long as it doesn't rain when i am waiting for the doors to open at midnight thursday morning!!

SamIAm
05-13-2002, 03:44 PM
I feel your pain. I have water in my basement and don't worry as long as you have the Colts I'll be back. That and haveing CIII there also.

bibfortuna
05-13-2002, 10:06 PM
I have water in my basement too. My second sump pump in 6 months burned out, and I got only about an inch, but that was enough to wreck the carpeting I put down there in March.

Rob

BigDumbWookiee
05-13-2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Spider:
I'm in that "boat" with you. Got mushrooms growing in the yard yet?<font size="2" face="arial">Nope, not yet, but if this keeps up Ill have seaweed growing!

deepbluejedi
05-13-2002, 11:37 PM
Down here in Bloomington the water in some places is 3-4 feet high! Crazy weather here in Indiana but I hope C2 returns in 2005, like I said...we don't have a whole lot else to brag about!

Vadervictor
05-14-2002, 12:17 AM
Ahhhhhh! I just love living in the midwest!