PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars in 30 minutes

Vadervictor
05-12-2002, 03:06 AM
Did anyone at C2 see the performance "Star Wars in thirty minutes?" I wasn't able to catch it and I was wondering if someone could give me some highlights with thier critique.

bibfortuna
05-12-2002, 08:51 AM
I saw it. It was awesome. Hilarious.

They did, of course, have to cut some scenes - some creative license was required for them to fit everything in 30 min.

Several of the actors did dead-on accurate impressions of the SW characters. Many "signature" lines were present - usually done with a little exaggeration - to get a reaction from the crowd.

The guy who played Vader and Chewie was very good. He was wearing a brown furry panel on his front, and had a black cape. When he was Chewie, he pushed the cape back over his shoulders. When he was Vader, he pulled the cape so it hung over his shoulders, and put on dark sunglasses. The transitions were hilarious when they would go from one scene to the other, and suddenly he's changed characters.

All in all, I'd say they did a great job. The added one extra performance on Sunday that wasn't scheduled - because there were so many people in line hoping to catch the last performance.

If you ever get a chance to see it - I would recommend it highly.

Rob

Mirax_H
05-13-2002, 12:47 AM
It was awesome. One of the people in our group really wanted to see it, I really didn't care but he convinced us all to see it. For some reason I thought it was a video, I didn't know it was a play till we were in line for it. It was hilarious! Everyone was great! It took me forever to realize Darth and Chewie were the same! Yoda and Ackbar were terrific paradoys! I loved it!

Vadervictor
05-13-2002, 12:52 AM
Thanks. I hope they go to C3 so I can see it for myself!