PDA

View Full Version : Celebration III (3) Location

05-09-2002, 09:50 PM
Does anyone know where Celebration 3 is or may be held? What cities can support the event better than Indy did? I can not think of many..

05-09-2002, 09:58 PM
The rumor going around is North Dakota, but it's still just a rumor.

BigDumbWookiee
05-09-2002, 10:20 PM
I heard from many reputably sources that if C2 was successfull in Indy that it would be back there. Being so far away, Im sure it will be quite a while before we get an official word, or even a very dependable rumor.

Muftak
05-09-2002, 10:33 PM
All I'll say is, if it does stay in Indy, I hope they actually come up with a way to utilize the RCADome for some of the events...I might've gotten a seat for the Rick McCallum Spectacular if they'd shown it in there!!

05-09-2002, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Kossman:
Does anyone know where Celebration 3 is or may be held? What cities can support the event better than Indy did? I can not think of many..<font size="2" face="arial">The World Congress Center in Atlanta GA holds far more people than did the center in Indy. Not to mention the facts that MORE hotels are nearby & public transportation is right next to the center.
People in Atlanta know all about proper retailing and merchandising. No more of this waiting in lines that go no where or end up being for nothing.

05-10-2002, 01:00 AM
I like for it to be in Atlanta.
I would of gone to C2 but it was too far away and by the rumours of it being in North Dakota that even too far away. I hope its in Atlanta
so I could attend

05-10-2002, 02:00 AM
Nuts to that. It's time for that show to head for Orlando Florida. There's a ton of convention centers here + the added attractions of Disney, Universal studios, Disney MGM, Sea World, Islands of adventure, Planet Holloywood, Beautiful Beaches, a million tourist attractions and right around the corner is Cape Kennedy( I refuse to call it by it's new name) where all the Apollo moon missions were launched and the shuttles go up about every month! images/icons/tongue.gif

Plus the fact that I could just drive from Tampa in about an hour to pick up the all new EP3 Special edition convention figure ( Frank Oz- his head on a Yoda figure with a removable mask-probably end up sorta looking like the guy in the classic horror flick "The Fly") and be home on Friday night! images/icons/smile.gif

[ 05-10-2002, 02:04 AM: Message edited by: ALF ]

Dustin
05-10-2002, 07:38 AM
whispers I heard are that it will return to Indy. All I can hope for is that they learned from their mistakes.

mousedroid
05-10-2002, 07:53 AM
I'm guessing it will be in Indy again. If not, I think San Diego and Las Vegas would be reasonable locations to consider.

05-10-2002, 08:09 AM
i think the #1 reason Indy was chosen was it is centrally located. I do not think it would be wise to have it in Florida or California due to this reason. I think Chicago would be a good choice.

Allie_Fox
05-10-2002, 08:19 AM
I like the ATL connection. That's real close to home.

I've heard San Diego too. The Con center there is pretty big and it was in San Diego that Star Wars made its FIRST appearance.

However, I attended an Oncology Symposium with my wife a couple of years ago and I vowed I'd never return. images/icons/frown.gif

BigDumbWookiee
05-10-2002, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Muftak:
All I'll say is, if it does stay in Indy, I hope they actually come up with a way to utilize the RCADome for some of the events...I might've gotten a seat for the Rick McCallum Spectacular if they'd shown it in there!!<font size="2" face="arial">I agree! I dont know how well it would sound, and perhaps it wouldnt work, but I was also thinking about the 25th Anniversary Concert. They could have put a lot of people in the RCA Dome! I think if they utilized it, it would be a great asset. Im sure they will learn from their mistakes.

In the light, I think it would be best to have it in Indy, for the soul fact that they know very well how the groups form, and where lines form, etc. They could use C2 as a template and learn from it. If they went to a new local, they wouldnt have as much past information to back up choices on placing events etc

BigDumbWookiee
05-10-2002, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Panda:

People in Atlanta know all about proper retailing and merchandising. No more of this waiting in lines that go no where or end up being for nothing.<font size="2" face="arial">Just keep in mind, it was Wizards of the Coast in charge of this, not Indianapolis. The only function that employees of the Convention Center served was food service and security.

05-10-2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by BigDumbWookie:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Muftak:
All I'll say is, if it does stay in Indy, I hope they actually come up with a way to utilize the RCADome for some of the events...I might've gotten a seat for the Rick McCallum Spectacular if they'd shown it in there!!<font size="2" face="arial">I agree! I dont know how well it would sound, and perhaps it wouldnt work, but I was also thinking about the 25th Anniversary Concert. They could have put a lot of people in the RCA Dome! I think if they utilized it, it would be a great asset. Im sure they will learn from their mistakes.
</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">The Dome is not a good venue for concerts - the acoustics are horrible. Now Conseco Fieldhouse is awesome- state of the art acoustics and concert technology.

When is the next Celebration?

DTMAN
05-10-2002, 01:21 PM
Well, I believe everyone should be prepared to go back to Indy.

I have heard that Wizards was happy enough to book it next year and for Cele. 3.

Again, I think it will help to make adjustments since they have used this place before.

Of course, it can change, but I would not be surprised.

As to lines, you should not expect them to get any better esp. for tougher autos like Williams and Fisher.

END OF TRANSMISSION

05-10-2002, 01:59 PM
Well, if it is in Indy again, we would love to have all of you back!! images/icons/smile.gif

BigDumbWookiee
05-10-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by DTMAN:

I have heard that Wizards was happy enough to book it next year and for Cele. 3.

END OF TRANSMISSION<font size="2" face="arial">C3 next year, or another event next year, and C3 when it comes time?

Mirax_H
05-10-2002, 03:52 PM
Actually, I ran into the director for the Convention center on Saturday at Starbucks and he asked how I was enjoying myself and how it was going. He said that Wizards was already asking him about dates in 3 years when the last movie comes out so I suspect it will be there again.

05-10-2002, 04:42 PM
I was talking to someone at Wizards, and she said that they were talking about having it at Indy again, because it went so well. Time will tell.

bobafett14
05-10-2002, 06:06 PM
Pittsburgh is in the process of building a brand new convention center on the river shore right downtown, and trying to beef up their hotels in the city-not sure of numbers it will end up holding, but it is very close to many major cities!

We're half way between Chicago and N.Y, 3:30 hrs. from Buffalo and 4hr.s from the canadian boarder 5:30 hrs. from Indy, just under 2hrs. from Cleveland approx. 5hrs. from Philly, 4-4:30 hrs. from the Balt./D.C. area and close to the coast!

We seem to get a lot of Canadians(Toronto), and folks from NY in for our comicons-which hardly compare to the size and scope of SW!

Rob
05-10-2002, 06:18 PM
My fiancee is from Uniontown, PA. So maybe a trip home for her will give me an excuse to attend, if it's in Pitt.

If not, bring it out West. San Diego, LA, or Las Vegas would all be cool. Even Phoenix!

[ 05-10-2002, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: Rob ]

jedi_shadow
05-10-2002, 09:45 PM
I vote for pittsburgh because of its central location to other big cities. Also, I live 40 minutes away.

05-10-2002, 09:51 PM
I am not sure but I do not think Pittsburgh has enough hotel space to support a major convention like this. Remember Indy has 2 of the largest sporting events in the world every year (Indy 500 and Brickyard)

BigDumbWookiee
05-11-2002, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Spider:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">
<font size="2" face="arial">The Dome is not a good venue for concerts - the acoustics are horrible. Now Conseco Fieldhouse is awesome- state of the art acoustics and concert technology.

When is the next Celebration?[/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">I kind of wondered about that. It seems maybe they could use the floor space though, for exhibits perhaps?
I dont think there is any official word as of yet, but it would probably be fairly safe to assume sometime 2005, since 1 and 2 have both coincided with prequel releases. Who knows though! :c)

Boba_Binks
05-11-2002, 09:41 AM
Living in Indy, I would have to say that C3 will most likely be back in 2005. At least I hope so. The reasons I believe it might be back are as follows;
- that Wizards has changed their conventions that are held in Chicago down to Indy
- Indy has the most Fast Food / restaurants than anyother city in the states so people can eat.
- We have five major large shopping areas, seven if you count the smaller shopping districts.
- Broadripple!
- The bars and hotels that are next to the center.
- Most lmportantly, it is centrally located. Indiana is the crossroads of America.

05-11-2002, 10:29 AM
I think Indy would be a good choice, hopefully they can use the RCA DOME...maybe put the vendors and displays in there....along with some other stuff...would help a lot !!!!

05-11-2002, 08:31 PM
Orlando would be a great spot for C3. Between hotels,resteraunts,convention centers ,tourist attractions, low air fare & the weather, it would be perfect. San Diego is a good second choice. I don't know where it could be held on the east coast. For dealers, the east coast is where they make the most money at shows. Indy was great,but I would like a change of pace.

kenbenobi
05-11-2002, 11:01 PM
Wizards of the Coast is moving Gen Con from Milwaukee to Indy starting next year, so I'm pretty sure they have decided that Indy will be their new home for all future conventions. I thought it was centrally located and had enough nearby hotels. There was just some dis-organizaton that I hope they will correct before the next one...

Tyler_Pugmire
05-12-2002, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by mousedroid:
I'm guessing it will be in Indy again. If not, I think San Diego and Las Vegas would be reasonable locations to consider.<font size="2" face="arial">Las Vegas would be nice, but highly unlikely. I just wish they'd hold it in Utah. We just had the Olympics and that went just fine, plus they just built two huge convention centers. Also, if they do, I'm inviting everyone over to my house for a BBQ!
-Ty-

images/icons/grin.gif

deepbluejedi
05-12-2002, 11:48 PM
I'm from Indiana about an hour from Indy...and I would hope that they bring the Celebration back here. Indy has alot of places that could be used during the Celebration, namely the RCA Dome. Now, I know Indiana isn't convenient for everyone....but come on....we don't really have much here to brag about, so bring the Celebration back here!

Darth_Bryan
05-13-2002, 01:09 AM
If Indy is the place for CIII. They should lock all the scalpers in the RCA Dome and we would have a great time. The lines for the figures would be cut in half. I live nowhere close to Indy but I did enjoy the city. If they didn't learn a thing from C2 we are screwed no matter where we go though.

ECHO_3
05-14-2002, 04:47 PM
Steve Sansweet was on "Our" local radio station here in Indy back in Dec. He said one reason other then the great location was that WIZERDS was going to move there main headcouters to Indy next year!!! So thats a big part of it ,me thinks. images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/wink.gif images/icons/smile.gif

05-15-2002, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by BryanC:
They should lock all the scalpers in the RCA Dome and we would have a great time. The lines for the figures would be cut in half. <font size="2" face="arial">Yeh but they lines for the SCLAPER BASHING would be VERRRRRYYY long!!!!!! images/icons/mad.gif

05-17-2002, 10:42 AM
I found out the real reason why it will be held in Indiana. I talked to someone who organizes conventions & told me almost all convention centers are booked up already for the next 5 years (I think the one in Seattle he said was booked for the next 10). He explained to me that the one in San diego would be much better, but its booked. So, they really don't have much of a choice. They just need to fill in the empty rooms more & not have as much clutter. If there is another exclusive figure, that situation needs to be handled alot better. Indy was great & I look forward to returning fo C3.

Zuckuss44
05-17-2002, 08:19 PM
I think it should be in New York City. But then again, traffic would be herendous. Let's just move it to my house.....

DarthBane
05-17-2002, 08:48 PM
Toronto, Canada........

That would be a good choice....hehe