PDA

View Full Version : My c2 photos

charredjawa
05-09-2002, 04:58 PM
Hey everyone... take a look at my photos from c2!!

I posted them in the general forum before I found this one... sorry for double posting ...

http://www.sandcrawler.com/webpages/chris/sw/c2/

- charred jawa
jawa@sandcrawler.com

BigDumbWookiee
05-09-2002, 05:02 PM
VERY cool! I have always been partial to black and white photography, and these look fantastic! If I may, what kind of camera did you use? If it was 35 MM, what kind of film, and processing, as well as scanning? Im very impressed.

Adam

charredjawa
05-09-2002, 05:33 PM
I shot all of these on a Nikon N80 w/ a 28-80mm lens. Film was Ilford XP-2 which can be processed by regular 1 hour color labs (c41). I had the film processed at WalMart and put directly on CD by them... I was VERY pleased with the quality of the scans they did (it looked like the processing machine was possibly just scanning the negatives directly)... Normally I scan photos myself on my scanner but because I knew there was so much on these rolls that I wanted I had all 7 rolls put directly on CD. Many processing places have trouble getting the XP-2 film prints to look normal black and white (they often come out sepia toned which looks cool as well)... these had a tiny bit of that but were almost right on color wise...

I do all of my own enlargements normally at home so if anyone would like prints of photos they are in or anything just please let me know ...

The camera is only a couple of weeks old and I've been super happy with the shots it's taken. It's got a built in flash that works REALLY well for filling in on close portrait shots like most of what I took.

-Charred jawa
jawa@sandcrawler.com

Originally posted by BigDumbWookie:
If I may, what kind of camera did you use? If it was 35 MM, what kind of film, and processing, as well as scanning? Im very impressed.

Adam<font size="2" face="arial">

jadesfire
05-09-2002, 06:13 PM
Very Cool!! I have mine up also:

http://103558627.home.icq.com//index.html

Just click on the left link labeled "celebration II".

BigDumbWookiee
05-09-2002, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by charredjawa:
I shot all of these on a Nikon N80 w/ a 28-80mm lens. Film was Ilford XP-2 which can be processed by regular 1 hour color labs (c41). I had the film processed at WalMart and put directly on CD by them... I was VERY pleased with the quality of the scans they did (it looked like the processing machine was possibly just scanning the negatives directly)... Normally I scan photos myself on my scanner but because I knew there was so much on these rolls that I wanted I had all 7 rolls put directly on CD. Many processing places have trouble getting the XP-2 film prints to look normal black and white (they often come out sepia toned which looks cool as well)... these had a tiny bit of that but were almost right on color wise...

I do all of my own enlargements normally at home so if anyone would like prints of photos they are in or anything just please let me know ...

The camera is only a couple of weeks old and I've been super happy with the shots it's taken. It's got a built in flash that works REALLY well for filling in on close portrait shots like most of what I took.

-Charred jawa
jawa@sandcrawler.com

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by BigDumbWookie:
If I may, what kind of camera did you use? If it was 35 MM, what kind of film, and processing, as well as scanning? Im very impressed.

Adam<font size="2" face="arial"></font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">Cant beat a Nikon....... Truly impressive! I used to shoot and develop my own black and white photography when I was in college, but just dont have the facilities to do so anymore. I dont do much film photography anymore, just digital

Darth_Broem
05-09-2002, 08:01 PM
Thanks for posting the pics CharredJawa and Jadesfire. That was fun to look through images/icons/smile.gif