PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone buy the set of Passes?



technopimp
05-09-2002, 10:00 AM
I read on the main page that the Fanclub has shipped at least some of them. This was the only other item besides the figure that I wanted, but of course, by the time I got to the checkout they were "sold out" and I couldn't even order one. Can someone tell me that I'm not missing anything so I don't feel as bad?

BigDumbWookiee
05-09-2002, 02:30 PM
Youre not missing anything. Feel better? :c)

But on a serious note, I ordered two sets with the intention of selling one to a friend, who hasnt contacted me yet. If he doesnt get ahold of me by at least a day or two from when they get here, Ill sell you one of mine, cost plus shipping. They cost $50.00 at CII, and shouldn't be more than 5 to ship.

Mr_Stimp
05-09-2002, 05:03 PM
I got mine, I was suprised they sold out so quickly. I am still trying to figure out that Exclusive C2 Disposable camer that came with it.

BigDumbWookiee
05-09-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Lord Stimpy - Toy Hunter:
I got mine, I was suprised they sold out so quickly. I am still trying to figure out that Exclusive C2 Disposable camer that came with it.<font size="2" face="arial">Which doesnt make a lot of sense (not that youre trying to figure it out, the fact it was included). Wouldnt it be logical to make the C2 disposable camera available for C2? It just vexes (yipee, 2nd time I used that word this week) me that they would include this in a set that you wouldnt get until the end of C2. I understand perfectly why they didnt make the badges available (duh, I dont think they want 20,000 VIPS), but they should have included something that perhaps had to do more with the badges, or left it out entirely and made it cheaper.

[ 05-09-2002, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: BigDumbWookie ]

Ogibendogy
05-09-2002, 08:23 PM
Hey Bigdumbwookie, if technopimp backs out, I'm in for the badge set.

Email: Ogibendogy@charter.net

[ 05-09-2002, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: Ogibendogy ]

technopimp
05-09-2002, 09:35 PM
I will definitely take the set off your hands if your friend doesn't. Thanks for thinking of me! You can let me know at technopimp_00@yahoo.com

05-09-2002, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by technopimp:
I will definitely take the set off your hands if your friend doesn't. Thanks for thinking of me! You can let me know at technopimp_00@yahoo.com<font size="2" face="arial">The pass set is Ltd. Ed. of 300....hence the reason it sold out so quickly.

technopimp
05-10-2002, 06:55 AM
Yeah, I heard it was only 300. What were they thinking? 300??? I mean, how many Sacul figures did they make? 30,000? With an anticipated 25,000 people coming, to only make 300 sets was a little extreme. I'm all for limited editions, but not so limited that only the first few people of the first day have a chance of getting it.

Carl_StarWarsFan_Org
05-10-2002, 09:24 AM
BigDumbWookie (and others),

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you ordered 2 or 3 sets of the passes you will most likely get just ONE.

A friend of mine ordered TWO (one for himself, and one for me... because I had to miss the Con at the last minute due to a death in the family images/icons/frown.gif ). He got his yesterday. There was only one. He called Wizards of The Coast to check, and they told him that they were "limit one per purchase", which is a TOTAL lie because I saw his copy of the order form myself and not only did it NOT say anything about limit of one, it also had a QUANTITY box on it!!! So, if you could only order one why in the hell would there be a QUANTITY box??? Asinine. images/icons/rolleyes.gif

The only thing on the sheet was "Numbers are limited" or something like that. Nothing about Limit One or even how many total were available. images/icons/mad.gif

My friend was told that there were indeed only 300 made, and that they actually took TOO MANY orders (309) so a few people probably won't be getting ANY.

Now my friend has to go through the process of getting his money back for the 2nd set he ordered... and I'm now left with literally NOTHING to commemmorate the Con which I missed. images/icons/frown.gif

Yet another thing that WoTC has managed to completely screw-up. images/icons/mad.gif

[ 05-10-2002, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: Carl@StarWarsFan.Org ]

kozee
05-10-2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Carl@StarWarsFan.Org:
BigDumbWookie (and others),

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you ordered 2 or 3 sets of the passes you will most likely get just ONE.

A friend of mine ordered TWO (one for himself, and one for me... because I had to miss the Con at the last minute due to a death in the family images/icons/frown.gif ). He got his yesterday. There was only one. He called Wizards of The Coast to check, and they told him that they were "limit one per purchase", which is a TOTAL lie because I saw his copy of the order form myself and not only did it NOT say anything about limit of one, it also had a QUANTITY box on it!!! So, if you could only order one why in the hell would there be a QUANTITY box??? Asinine. images/icons/rolleyes.gif

The only thing on the sheet was "Numbers are limited" or something like that. Nothing about Limit One or even how many total were available. images/icons/mad.gif

My friend was told that there were indeed only 300 made, and that they actually took TOO MANY orders (309) so a few people probably won't be getting ANY.

Now my friend has to go through the process of getting his money back for the 2nd set he ordered... and I'm now left with literally NOTHING to commemmorate the Con which I missed. images/icons/frown.gif

Yet another thing that WoTC has managed to completely screw-up. images/icons/mad.gif <font size="2" face="arial">Hi,
From what I understand, the order forms at C2, despite having the Quantity on it - was subject to one of each item, that's what the lady there told me. If you wanted to order more than one of the same, you have to submit another order form (which means double shipping charges). I wanted two of the lightup pens, and I put through two forms for them. This kinda reminds me of the Jorg Sacul fiasco - you can only have two per purchase, but there are ways to get around it! images/icons/shocked.gif

Carl_StarWarsFan_Org
05-10-2002, 10:48 AM
Hmm... Interesting. But that still doesn't explain why the order form for the Passes has a QUANTITY box on it. That simply makes NO SENSE any way you cut it. images/icons/rolleyes.gif

If you can only order one per form, then there wouldn't even be the need for the QUANTITY box...

Again, I saw a copy of the form myself. It was a form explicitly for the C2 Pass Set. And the way it was layed out made it seem as if you could order as many passes as you wanted ON ONE FORM. images/icons/mad.gif

Thanks for the info, though. It's even more clear now what a fiasco the whole C2 merchandising thing was.

DTMAN
05-10-2002, 01:15 PM
Very interesting comments.

ONLY 300? I found that surprising. I would have thought at least 500.

I believe it was done due to Cele. 1 and that you can still buy them. I like the photos better for Cele. 2 than the art badges.

Also, I noticed they are the same as ones you purchased. I figured they would different, but they were the same.

Well, hopefully, they will change this next time for Cel. 3. It seems Wizards was a overwhelmed on all fronts, but I felt a tremor that it would better. As I mentioned in other post, there are things they need to adjust for next time.

It was meant to be. Raining prior to con. Then on Monday, it starts to rain again.

BigDumbWookiee
05-10-2002, 02:12 PM
Well, I have to apologize to everyone who was interested in getting my second set, but the person I bought it for called me today, and does still plan to purchase it, assuming I do get it.
Sorry for getting anybody's hopes up,
Adam

kozee
05-10-2002, 06:33 PM
Oh, I didn't know that they had a separate form for the C2 passes. I had that one form for most of the other C2 merchandise, and a separate form for the Clone Trooper keychains, which the lady told me I could order multiples, and won't be charged shipping becoz it was delay on manufacturer's part that these exclusive keychains didn't show on time to be sold that weekend. Well long story - and in the end - still resulting from poor organization (WoTC) within an uncontrolled environment(C2 official store).

technopimp
05-10-2002, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by BigDumbWookie:
Well, I have to apologize to everyone who was interested in getting my second set, but the person I bought it for called me today, and does still plan to purchase it, assuming I do get it.
Sorry for getting anybody's hopes up,
Adam<font size="2" face="arial">Thanks anyway, but if he/she still backs out, give me a holler. In the mean time, is there anyone else who got a set or two and decides they want to sell them, e-mail me.

05-10-2002, 10:06 PM
I ordered a set and they arrived two days ago. I wasn't expecting them for another week or two. I also didn't know they were limited as has been posted above (300), so now I'm even more glad I got my order in. images/icons/grin.gif

BigDumbWookiee
05-11-2002, 12:24 AM
Geesh! I agree, why limit anyway, and 300? Good lord! That makes no sense. Was the first set limited? Well probably not very, since you can still buy them from the fanclub right?

Luckily for me (well hopefully luckily, I havent got em yet), I personally ordered one set, and my parents ordered one set. Unless they go as far as checking addresses and decide to go with 1 per household, I should get mine.

Technopimp, Ill get in contact with you when I find out definately: 1. That I get both sets 2. My friend doesn't contact me who planned on buying it.