PDA

View Full Version : Fisher Autographs

05-08-2002, 01:06 PM
I heard Carrie Fisher was not friendly. No one could take pictures of her, to me that sucks!!!! We as Star Wars fans put her where shes at now. The same thing with Billy Dee, can't stop to take a picture. TERRIBLE!!! There was a kid in a wheelchair behind me for Billy Dee's autograph, happy as hell to see him, Dee diden't even simle at him or acknowledge he was their. That made me upset. David Prowes, Jermey Bulloch, Kenny Baker, Tim Rose, Paul Blake, they were AWESOME to talk with, loved that you were taking pictures of em, to me thats what a "Celeberty" should be.I'm glad I diden't wait 4 hours in line for Fishers autograph. Sorry if I offended anyone, I just had to vent!!!

05-08-2002, 03:03 PM
I'm glad to hear some of you guys had a good time, but for me personally, the experience was not worth it. I was in line for two hours outside waiting to get in the Celebration on Saturday, and as soon as the doors opened and I got in I ran straight to get in Carrie's line. It wasn't until about four o'clock in the afternoon that I actually got her signature. So I pretty much sacrificed everything else at C2 that day just to get it. The group behind me refused to allow a guy who left to go to the bathroom at one point to get back in the line, so I wasn't about to try that, so I was standing/sitting there the entire time with no breaks.

It would have been totally worth it if I could still have gotten my picture personalized. I had a pic of Luke & Leia on Jabba's sailbarge that I got Mark Hamil to sign to me at the Chicago Comic Con several years ago, and I wanted to get Carrie to do the same. But after I'd already been in line for HOURS I was told that personalizations were no longer allowed.

I don't mean to sound rude, but as soon as it became clear how long the line was going to be, policies like that (and quantity limits) should have been in-place from the get-go. It's not fair that some people got their stuff personalized and some didn't. If I had known that there wouldn't have been any personalizing, I would definitely *NOT* have stood in that line so long. That was the whole POINT of standing in line, to get that "To John" added above the "Carrie Fisher." Couldn't I have just paid a buck more and used the pull service and gotten the EXACT SAME FREAKIN' THING without having to miss the entire rest of the convention for it? That is what upset me so much.

Again, that's just my opinion. I'm glad to hear others had a good time and a positive experience getting Carrie's autograph, but, for me personally, it was definitely NOT worth it.

-John

senator_jar_jar
05-08-2002, 09:02 PM
Hold on here a minute guys...I met Carrie fisher and she was very friendly to me. Wouldnt you get a little irratible after signing your name hundreds of times??? Think about things before you start spouting off stupid remarks

mousedroid
05-08-2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by John Hardin:
I was in line for two hours outside waiting to get in the Celebration on Saturday... It wasn't until about four o'clock in the afternoon that I actually got her signature.

But after I'd already been in line for HOURS I was told that personalizations were no longer allowed.

That was the whole POINT of standing in line, to get that "To John" added above the "Carrie Fisher."
<font size="2" face="arial">My only question is, did you ask? I asked very nicely, "could you make that out 'To Roger'?" and she wrote "For Roger, XXO, Carrie Fisher" on my picture. And it was 5:15 on Saturday afternoon when I got to see her.

cu_tiger
05-09-2002, 06:50 AM
My biggest problem with the Carrie Fisher thing is that they didn't limit things more in the beginning. It started out as 4 personal items and up to 10 C2 photos, then went to 2 and 6, then to 2 and 2 and finally to 2 total by the time I got in there around 1:30 Saturday. I have no problem with Ms. Fisher wanting to chit-chat and personalize things but the organizers should have known the response would be great and limited what you could get signed from the start.

My other disappointment was that I got no response out of Ms. Fisher when I said "Thank You" for signing my stuff. However, in her defense, I wouldn't be chatty either after signing for 5 hours and hadn't had lunch. But, a "You're welcome" would have been nice.

On a positive note, I did get a "You're welcome" out of Billy Dee!!

mousedroid
05-09-2002, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by cutiger:
My biggest problem with the Carrie Fisher thing is that they didn't limit things more in the beginning. It started out as 4 personal items and up to 10 C2 photos, then went to 2 and 6, then to 2 and 2 and finally to 2 total by the time I got in there around 1:30 Saturday. <font size="2" face="arial">Once again, there's something fishy here. As I said before, I got in at 5:15 Saturday (3 hrs and 45 min after you) and I got two personal items and a photo signed (I could have gotten two photos signed, but I only had three coupons). Either the staffers were changing the rules arbitralily, or you were mis-informed.

I will agree with your other point about limiting things from the start. I have helped run autograph signings by people of far lower celebrity status than Ms. Fisher, and we had to limit people to 2 items each from the start.

I'd also like to say that if anyone has a fan mail address for Ms. Fisher, I'd like to know what it is so I can write to thank her. Despite all the problems and/or inconveniences people experienced getting her signature, it is simply incredible to me that she would sit and sign for seven hours one day and, what 4-5 hours the next? Ask most "celebrities" to sign for four straight hours on a single day and they would laugh in your face. Carrie Fisher truely is a princess. (And I mean that in the best way)

Ed3
05-09-2002, 03:37 PM
The pull service was selling the C2 photos only. If you wanted another item signed (like the Luke/Leia photo you described) then the only choice was to stand in line. There were no limits on the pull service so you could get your personalized items signed in her line than go to the pull service to buy the generic signed C2 photos.

cu_tiger
05-09-2002, 04:39 PM
Hey mousedroid,

Most of this came from one of the Wizards of the Coast guys in a red shirt. I may be off with the in between numbers but I distinctly remember him saying that you could get 4 personal items and up to 10 C2 photos at the beginning. I didn't move an inch for a solid two hours Sat until they started dropping the numbers. Like I said, by the time I got there, it was two items period and she didn't seem as "friendly" as from what I understand in the beginning. I have no regrets. It was fun talking with others in line even though all I did was to get to talk to the top of Ms Fisher's head! LOL!

I like your idea of sending Ms Fisher a thank you for staying and signing as long as she did. If anyone can provide some info on how to get a letter to her, please pass it along.

Addendum: My friends and I were 5 of the last 6 to get in before she went to lunch. Maybe they changed things again after lunch since they capped the line earlier in the day. Who knows?

[ 05-09-2002, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: cutiger ]

mousedroid
05-09-2002, 07:57 PM
I heard/experienced pretty much all the same things you did, except the two item limit, so I suspect that was something the Wizards guys imposed to get her to lunch sooner.

I'm working on a fan mail address for Carrie, and as soon as I find one, I'll post it here.

05-10-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by mousedroid:
My only question is, did you ask? I asked very nicely, "could you make that out 'To Roger'?" and she wrote "For Roger, XXO, Carrie Fisher" on my picture. And it was 5:15 on Saturday afternoon when I got to see her.[/QB]<font size="2" face="arial">No, I did not ask. The guy standing back from the table telling the doorman when to let the next five in specifically made it a point to tell every one of us individually "No personalizations." Then the girl at the table with Carrie also said, "No personalizations" to each person as she took their ticket(s). So I did not ask as I didn't want to break the rules and start the trend of everybody behind me also asking should she have been nice enough to do it. Had I wanted to break the rules, you can bet I'd have bought more than my two Lucas figs. I may not like the policy, and I might complain about it later, but I'm not going to go against it once it's in place.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Carrie or the way it was handled or anything. I think it was outstanding of Carrie to be willing to sit there for THAT long both days and do nothing but sign. I guess my only gripe is that I got in and in-line as early as I possibly could and still wasn't close enough to the front to get in the group that was getting stuff personalized. I had an excellent time at C2 and I think the other autograph area was fabulous. Just that, if I had it to do over again knowing what I know now, I would have used the pull service for Carrie's signature. Just my opinion.

-John

krsb09
05-29-2002, 08:27 AM
FWIW, I was one of the first 10 people in line on Sunday morning. When I made it up to Carrie, they were allowing 4 items, with one personalization. I had already had one picture personalized for a friend, and I didn't know about the limit of one, so I asked her if she would personalize one for me as well. She told me about the limit, but since the second one was for me, she personalized it anyway. images/icons/smile.gif

[ 05-31-2002, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: Kirsten ]

bobafett14
05-29-2002, 02:02 PM
I was 4th in line Sat. and she was very friendly. I had a '78 People w/ her and Vader on the cover to get signed, she asked if she coould look through it, made a few funny comments about a few of the pics, and signed it.

She was cool w/ me. I know others who had stuff personalized, so I don't know, like I said me and some others had pretty good experiences with her. Sorry you didn't get the same.

Ook
06-08-2002, 09:05 AM
I went straight for Fisher's line Saturday. I believe I was in the first 2 or 3 dozen in line. Can't recall how long the wait was, but it seemed pretty long being that close. They definitely should have limited things more. It's sad that many of you that attended (not to mention the time you spent in line) didn't get a personalization or missed out altogether, while there are people selling stacks of her pics on ebay. images/icons/frown.gif

Carrie was friendly and pleasant with me. I'm really happy about that. images/icons/smile.gif Thank God they hadn't cut the personalizations out yet. I would have have been quite saddened. She said I had a nice haircut. images/icons/grin.gif She asked me where I was form, and when I said "Southern California", she looked like she wanted to slap me for going all the way out to Indy for SW. LOL She said "I'm from...", and trailed off as if to say "You doofus! You probably live an hour from me!". So she signed my pic to "Love to Nutty Derek". I was quite delighted.

A few of you mention Billy Dee. He was pretty grumpy when I met him. Barely grumbled at me. And they cut the personalizing out, at that point. He barely looked up at me. Oh well.

Capntarpals
06-16-2002, 12:21 AM
I was (approx.) person #30 in line on Saturday morning. When I got in there, there was a ten item limit, personizations or not. I had one itty bitty thing to get signed, by the way.

As for the line, well, after seeing the horrendous line to get in on Friday morning(and being stuck in it forever), I said "f*** this", and dedicated myself to beating everyone to the "get-in-line-first" punch.
I pretty much succeded, as I met Ms. Fisher around 11:30 AM! I mean, c'mon guys, these are Star Wars fans we're talking about. We stand in line for days(months for some people) just to see the movie. I saw my queue competition, and I came, I saw, I conquered. AND...Carrie was very nice to me, and I was in return.

Oh, and whoever didn't/wouldn't let someone back in line because they had to use the bathroom can go scratch!; what a deplorable and flat-out waste of a human life that chump was/is. You readin' this, sucka? I hope so, 'cause you're a jerk! (I'd use a stronger word, but this isn't the proper venue for that.)

I too, want to thank Ms. Fisher personally. "Thanks!"