PDA

View Full Version : Thank You to all...

Boba_Binks
05-07-2002, 08:03 PM
Hello. I just want to say on behalf of myself, the Indy Knights, LucasFilms, Wizards, and Indianapolis thank you to all who came to Indy for C2. I know things were not all as expected and at conventions like this things are bound to go wrong somewhere along the line.
But over all C2 was a hugh success and I hope everyone had lots of fun.

It was great to put so many faces to names that I have been in contact with on the internet for so many years.

I hope everyone who attended got to sign the 6' Thank You card that I made for George Lucas. If not it was up in the Indy Knights fan table after the first day. It will be gong down to the Ranch real soon.

I had lots of fun. From Setup, meeting so many people, hanging out with the stars, to just walking around enjoying myself, and tear down. Sure it was alot of work, but it was worth it.

It was a blast and I hope in 2005 you all decide to come back for C3.

Thank you all and May The Force Be With You!

[ 05-10-2002, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: Boba Binks ]

05-07-2002, 08:25 PM
I wasn´t able to go this time, but I was wondering; Is C3 gonna be in Indianapolis as well? Because Im definetely going to be there.

Boba_Binks
05-07-2002, 10:30 PM
Right now I can say that C3 has a great chance to be in Indy again for 2005.

[ 05-07-2002, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: Boba Binks ]

05-08-2002, 03:31 PM
What no Open Toy Coalition booth at C2 Binks? I thought for sure you'd be spreading your propaganda at such an event. Oh, thats right you are an insider now. To hear you tell it you organized teh whole celebration. I can't believe a dork like you is going to the ranch. Maybe you can propose to Lucas that all figures be sold without packages to make sure people have to open their figures. A six foot "thank you" card for GL? What are you thanking him for, getting extremely rich off of you? If anything he should thank us. Talk about a major butt-kisser. I wouldn't be surprised if trusty ol Boba Binks becomes teh next Rick McCallum and ruins E3 for evryone.

05-08-2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by SonofSith:
What no Open Toy Coalition booth at C2 Binks? I thought for sure you'd be spreading your propaganda at such an event. Oh, thats right you are an insider now. To hear you tell it you organized teh whole celebration. I can't believe a dork like you is going to the ranch. Maybe you can propose to Lucas that all figures be sold without packages to make sure people have to open their figures. A six foot "thank you" card for GL? What are you thanking him for, getting extremely rich off of you? If anything he should thank us. Talk about a major butt-kisser. I wouldn't be surprised if trusty ol Boba Binks becomes teh next Rick McCallum and ruins E3 for evryone.<font size="2" face="arial">Bwahaha.. haha... HAHAHAHAHA!!! I don't follow the happenings of the BHC much anymore, but that's some real venom you got going there, Son. What's up with that? images/icons/grin.gif

BigDumbWookiee
05-08-2002, 04:22 PM
Yeah no kidding! There was some fire to that one! lol! What does BobaBinks do anyway? Not too familiar with his antics. Is this the same IndyKnights BobaBinks? Im a member of the IndyKnights but have not had the pleasure of being able to attend a meeting yet.

05-08-2002, 04:25 PM
No venom there, just some good-natured ribbing about Boba Binks' Open Toy Coalition and how he really must be an insider now. I am truly jealous that you are going to the ranch Boba, it'll probably be amazing! I also had to make fun of the thank you card for GL as that is completely ridiculous. images/icons/tongue.gif

musasa
05-08-2002, 04:57 PM
I signed the card in English and Chinese. images/icons/smile.gif

Boba_Binks
05-08-2002, 09:31 PM
Well, you guys can joke and bash me all you want. You are just jellous. I stand behind the OTC and what it means. Only horders and scalpers keep their toy collection on package. What is the point to buy a toy if you are not going to open it up and enjoy it for what it is, a toy!?!
Yes, I am the same Boba Binks from the Indy Knights. The Knghts all know my contacts and they have met many of them.
As I said, you guys can bash me all you want, it means nothing to me. For I and my friends know my info is correct and truthful. Once again I just have to say you pitiful fools cannot bear that someone like me who works his A S S off gets the good info. and shares it with the world. You guys just want it all for yorself.
As I said before, It was a pleasure to meet so many people and put faces to names that I have been in contact on the net with so many years. For the rest of you, I just want to say have a good day and bloody hell **** off!
Now lets keep this thread what it is, a thank you.

05-08-2002, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Boba Binks:
Well, you guys can joke and bash me all you want. You are just jellous.<font size="2" face="arial">i already admitted I was jealous that you are going to Skywalker ranch

I stand behind the OTC and what it means. Only horders and scalpers keep their toy collection on package.<font size="2" face="arial">Thats what I was ribbing you about. I mean come on man! I have seen pics on your site of vintage carded figures and those are toys. Did you open your Sacul figure?

Once again I just have to say you pitiful fools cannot bear that someone like me who works his A S S off gets the good info. and shares it with the world. You guys just want it all for yorself.
<font size="2" face="arial">Yeah I could pretty much care less about valuable star wars info unless you had the actual death star plans.

BigDumbWookiee
05-08-2002, 09:53 PM
Well, you guys can joke and bash me all you want. You are just jellous. I stand behind the OTC and what it means. Only horders and scalpers keep their toy collection on package. .<font size="2" face="arial">Ok, I have a loose collection, and a smaller carded collection. That makes me a horder? What if we enjoy just looking at and displaying our figures? Personally I find the packaging of Star Wars figures aesthetically appealing. I certainly dont sell them, so I know Im not a scalper, and I never take more than two of any one figure, nor do I take it if someone else around me needs it. So, after that, Im a hoarder?

And just one more question; you look pretty young in your Indy Knights picture, how old are you? Just curious, you look like a young guy, and youve managed to snag a chance to go to Skywalker Ranch, just wondering how youve pulled it all off

[ 05-08-2002, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: BigDumbWookie ]

Boba_Binks
05-08-2002, 09:56 PM
Oh the Thank You card was not my idea. It was Phillip's. Yes the same Phillip from Rebelscum.
After he told Steven Sansweet about it Steven called me up and asked if I could create it. Steven and LucasFilms liked my design. So I ran with it and had it printed up to thank George for his wonderful imagination and Star Wars. If you could not figure that out, why the hell are you a star wars fan? You should not be here. Star Wars fans have a love for the movies and the messages it brings. People who ***** and complain about everything do not bring the values of Star Wars to these boards.
This should be a peaceful thread but it looks like many of you have nothing better to do than bash me.
Now again, I say lets keep this thread on the topic, I just wanted to say thank to all who attended C2.

BigDumbWookiee
05-08-2002, 09:59 PM
I hope youre not taking my questions/comments as bashing, I am just truly curious about your view points, as Ive never heard about your Open Toy Coalition or anything

Boba_Binks
05-08-2002, 10:05 PM
To answer some questions.

I am 24.

I got to be where I am today by working my A S S off and doing well at all that I have done. Over time I have gained the trust of many becasue they know I will acomplish what I said I would.

Yes, at C2 I bought only 1 Jorg Sacul figure and opened it at C2. When I did there was a crowd chanting "OPEN IT, OPEN IT" and when I did they all cheered.

The same went for the 25th Vader I got in New York.

All the carded Vintage figs I have are not part of my collection. They are my brothers. If they were mine I would open them.

Like the OTC says, if you just like to look at the packages, then go to the store and look at them. Let someone else who is going to open the toys have them and enjoy them.
We are just against those who keep their entire collection packaged.

Well, I have to go now. I have to take a call.

05-08-2002, 11:06 PM
Like the OTC says, if you just like to look at the packages, then go to the store and look at them. Let someone else who is going to open the toys have them and enjoy them.
We are just against those who keep their entire collection packaged.<font size="2" face="arial">Well now. I really had no idea what was going on in this thread, but I can guarantee that you've piqued my interest with this rant. Hoarder? Scalper? Go to the store and look at them? Kiss my ***** (http://www.waynewmedia.com/images/collect_01.jpg), fan boy. My sh*t's on display in MY room (http://www.waynewmedia.com/images/collect_02.jpg) for MY enjoyment (http://www.waynewmedia.com/images/collect_04.jpg).

Jango_Fettish
05-08-2002, 11:20 PM
Just curious how you gained clearance to get onto the property. I don't see Lucas' security allowing a regular fan like yourself on the grounds? Bring a camera, this I gotta see.

Hey, I'd also like to extend my support to all of you carded collectors. Screw other peoples opinions. Do what you like and let the openers "play" with their toys and whine and complain about lack of articulaton and the fact that Amidala and Leia don't have protruding nipples, or the size of their hips. It's their heart attack, not ours, right? Beautiful, nostalgia filled, carded figures. Mm mm mm!

I also invite all of you to Minnesota on July 25.
I managed to exhume Alec Guiness' corpse and asked George Lucas to stop by for a Q and A session at my house. I also booked David Prowse, the entire cast of AOTC, Captain Kangaroo, Emo Phillips, Wilson Phillips, Bill Gates, REM, a Hasbro Rep, Green Day, Dennis Franz, Nine Inch Nails and all my other Hollywood friends over.
George is THEN flying us to Area 51..WHICH HE RENTED OUT..for an "exclusive" party!! Brown nosers, once again..please check your ego at the door and..wipe your feet. images/icons/grin.gif

[ 05-09-2002, 12:18 AM: Message edited by: Darth Hybrid ]

musasa
05-08-2002, 11:31 PM
Let's tone down the language, folks. Keep it constructive, if that's possible. I agree ya'll should stop the flaming and get back on target.

05-09-2002, 12:19 AM
Oh the Thank You card was not my idea. It was Phillip's. Yes the same Phillip from Rebelscum.
<font size="2" face="arial">Now that I understand as Phillip Wise presumably makes his living running a website dedicated to star wars. Without star wars he might be the webmaster over at Homeandgarden.com or some other boring website. I can see why Phillip would want to thank ol GL. But the fans? I don't need to thank George for taking my cash. We have military troops fighting abroad for our safety who deserve our thanks and you make a 6 ft card for rich, fat George Lucas? I am sorry but the idea of us fans thanking the man we all made rich is ludicrous. As far as teh OTC, I was just givin ol Binks some teasing about his extremist views of collecting. I have about 45 carded modern figures and about 15 loose ones. I am sorry but the whole "go look at 'em in the store if you like the packaging" just doesn't hold water. I cannot go into the store and see a 12" Biker Scout in the package nor can I find a POTJ clean biker scout to look at in the package at any store. I can't go look at a Darth Sidious hologram in the store because these items are gone. I certainly can't go into a store and see carded vintage figures. I can however admire my small collection of carded modern and vintage right in my very own home. Honestly if someone wants to open everything thats cool or if you want to keep 'em carded that is also cool. I just cannot stand the extremists in this hobby. Its either "everyone who has carded figs is a hoarder/scalper" or " I am going to cause violence to a scalper" " I have to have such and such figure because it is exclusive/rare" or some other such nonsense. Sorry for hijacking the thread Binks but the coincidence of you founding the Open Toy Coalition and you speaking on behalf of WOTC, Hasbro, Lucasfilm is just too funny to pass up.

[ 05-09-2002, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: SonofSith ]

Jango_Fettish
05-09-2002, 12:29 AM
Hark! Mike is the absolute voice of reason!
I appreciate GL making Star Wars, but my support is shown in my purchases. I don't want him to think I am his lapdog, which would make me look like a brownnoser in turn.

I,too, was just curious when he was elected Governor of Indiana..CEO of WOTC and Lucasfilms! All that hard work musta paid off.. images/icons/tongue.gif

05-09-2002, 12:37 AM
ill join your coalition, you just get me a jorg sacul figure and ill open it soon as i get it on streaming video. images/icons/wink.gif

Jango_Fettish
05-09-2002, 12:57 AM
If this "coalition" is an actual, living, breathing, organization..I pity you all wholeheartedly.

If there is ANYTHING worse than grown men "playing" with action figures..yes..SOUND EFFECTS AND ALL.., it has to be a stable of dolts that want to eradicate the carded collectors of a hobby. What ever happened to respect and "to each his own". I say keep your collecting philsophies to yourselves and don't waste your time with petty peeves that don't interfere with your daily practices, or collecting in a whole.

I strongly disapprove of homosexuality, but I also don't care enough to go out and castrate every homosexual frequenting a gay bar. I would try and re-evaluate my life if I let someone who does'nt share my views interrupt my daily functions.

Think we all need to remember this is a HOBBY..a LEISURE activity. Once you let someone of something thats different from you get under your coat, you may as well stop collecting. It will lose it's luster real fast if you choose to be so
thinskinned.

In case anyone thinks I should jusitfy my choice to collect strictly carded, heres my reasoning.

</font> <font size="2" face="arial">I live in a one bedroom apartment..
</font> <font size="2" face="arial">I own a cat..
</font> <font size="2" face="arial">I have little room for loose figures...
</font> <font size="2" face="arial">I like the look of carded figures..
</font> <font size="2" face="arial">I love the nostalgia of original packaging..
</font><font size="2" face="arial">If those reasons aren't enough, then I am afraid that you are either too set in your ways to understand my logic, or have no respect for anyone that has a differing opinion.

[ 05-09-2002, 01:07 AM: Message edited by: Darth Hybrid ]

Old_Cocky
05-09-2002, 08:18 AM
Hey Cory...

check out these threads for a little history lesson...

http://www.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=24;t=001265;p=

http://www.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=24;t=001278

http://www.rebelscum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=24&t=001291&p=

Boba, say hi to George for me and tell Sansweet we want a new Action Figure Archive book soon images/icons/smile.gif

[ 05-09-2002, 08:19 AM: Message edited by: OCB ]

05-09-2002, 09:17 AM
Hello. I just want to say on behalf of myself, the Indy Knights, LucasFilms, Wizards, and Indianapolis thank you to all who came to Indy for C2. I know things were not all as expected and at conventions like this things are bound to go wrong somewhere along the line.
But over all C2 was a hugh success and I hope everyone had lots of fun. <font size="2" face="arial">Hey Binks, you state that you are part of IndyKnights. I have a question for you.

What happened to all of your people volunteering to help in the Autograph area? Over 100 of you showed up for the dinner, but Friday, Saturday and especially Sunday, your guys were nowhere to be found. What happened there?

jeff

Gollum
05-09-2002, 11:03 AM
I just wanted to say that i have no problem thanking George Lucas. Of course, he has benefited from the star wars fortune, like many have, however, if it wasn't for his creation we wouldn't be chatting on this website right now. Speaking for myself, i had a troubled childhood and when star wars was released, it was one of the few things that i cared for with the few fond memories that i have. Star Wars means different things to different people. For some it is a bandwagon, for some it is strictly buisness, for others it is a cherished part of their life for which i am happy to share with my children.

mgibson72
05-09-2002, 03:35 PM
Hey, Boba:
Don't get me wrong, I had a great time...but there is SO much that needed to be improved upon. This convention was fun, but a success?!? And you want us to thank them? For what? I dropped a grand for plane tickets, hotel costs, food and convention expenses. I think that's thanks enough, thank you!

You said at the beginning of this thread that "there's a good chance" of C3 taking place in Indy. Just where did you come up with this piece of news? And since you're such an insider, how about convincing the powers-that-be to take a look at the notes taken at C2 to improve on the whole thing? What? No notes were taken? Shocker! Just direct WOTC to these boards and TheForce.net and they'll get some idea on what needs to be done.

I'll thank those guys if C3 ends up being a LOT better organized than C2!
MG

05-09-2002, 09:07 PM
Are you the same Boba Binks from www.jedichris.net (http://www.jedichris.net) ?

I also open everything I collect too. I saw the Indy booth buy didnt know that you were attending it. Sorry, would of been nice to meet you.

Dustin
05-10-2002, 07:36 AM
After he told Steven Sansweet about it Steven called me up and asked if I could create it..<font size="2" face="arial">Actually this was my idea and I was shocked to see the card at the meeting that thursday night. I was a bit pissed that Steve passed the project onto someone else rather than the people who thought it up. Oh well, I call dibs on the 50th anniversary one :-) No hard feelings, It was good to meet you and perhaps some of us Cincy locals will be heading out your way for a meeting sometime later this year!

Incom4
05-10-2002, 11:18 AM
Hey Binks, you state that you are part of IndyKnights. I have a question for you.

What happened to all of your people volunteering to help in the Autograph area? Over 100 of you showed up for the dinner, but Friday, Saturday and especially Sunday, your guys were nowhere to be found. What happened there?

jeff

Jeff,

There were only 40 Indy Knights that worked in the autograph area and only 27 were able to attend the dinner on Thursday night. I know that the staff from TF.N was there also members of Dallas Fan Force.

[ 05-10-2002, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Incom4 ]

Boba_Binks
05-10-2002, 11:43 AM
Thank yo Incom4. I am glad you made it to these forums. images/icons/smile.gif I will be sending you an e-mail I got from Steven and Mary.

Now to answer more questions. Yes I am the same Boba Binks from JediChris.
The reason I got to dot he card was taht apparently someone knew of my graphic art background and suggeted I do it. Which was a great honor.

Now, George Lucas has not forced anyone here to go out and buy the toys. You choose to on your own accord so do not blame the man for your spending.

As I have asked, please keep this thread as it was menat to be, a thank you to all who attended C2.

05-10-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Incom4:
Jeff,

There were only 40 Indy Knights that worked in the autograph area and only 27 were able to attend the dinner on Thursday night. I know that the staff from TF.N was there also members of Dallas Fan Force.<font size="2" face="arial">I was in the room, I know almost everyone from Rebelscum and TF.N on sight. We counted over 100 of you guys. I wouldn't have asked the question if I didn't know who showed up at that dinner.

jeff

whojedi
05-10-2002, 11:22 PM
Maybe we are talking about two separate dinners here. Because the one that the 27 Indy Knights volunteers went to, there was just around 100 people at the dinner itself, total. Plus, everyone had to check in with Phil when they got there as well as when they left to verify their work schedule. So, it shouldn't be to hard to verify that we only had 27 members there (not to mention the fact that we have only about 50 or 60 active members, and only the 40 that worked the autograph sessions were invited, with no guests allowed).

So, the only explination that I can come up with is that maybe we are all talking about two different functions.

05-11-2002, 06:32 PM
Well then Binks, you might want to becareful on how many times you post here because Jedichris might fire you. LOL

05-11-2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by whojedi:
Maybe we are talking about two separate dinners here. Because the one that the 27 Indy Knights volunteers went to, there was just around 100 people at the dinner itself, total. Plus, everyone had to check in with Phil when they got there as well as when they left to verify their work schedule. So, it shouldn't be to hard to verify that we only had 27 members there (not to mention the fact that we have only about 50 or 60 active members, and only the 40 that worked the autograph sessions were invited, with no guests allowed).

So, the only explination that I can come up with is that maybe we are all talking about two different functions.<font size="2" face="arial">Thursday night, Mariott on the north side of town, Celebs getting their VIP badges, pen packets, and a stack of photos to start signing? I was the guy handing out the photos to all the celebs. I know what dinner I'm talking about. Do you? I ended up doing lots more work during the weekend than I had originally planned. Our station was stripped of the volunteers that came with us from Texas, because people were not showing up for their "tours of duty."

That's why I'm asking, nothing that I can do about it. It would be nice to get an answer, but I know I'm not going to get one. I can live with it. Just rather irritated, still, that people that make promises don't keep them.

jeff

whojedi
05-11-2002, 10:23 PM
Yeah, we are definately talking about the same dinner. Sorry you are irritated, obviously somebody messed up somewhere. I was just stressing that there were alot of other groups at the dinner besides the Indy Knights, and we only had the 27 people there.

There was strange stuff going on in the autograph area, you're right. Because alot of our volunteers got turned away from their shifts by C2 because it seems that some of the actors brought their own people to sit with them and there was another group of volunteers who came in and took extra shifts for some reason. Either way, it was a confusing and busy few days.

Ed3
05-12-2002, 02:00 AM
Turned away? I'd like know who turned people away.

Edited down to the essential question

[ 05-13-2002, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: Ed3 ]

Philip_Wise
05-12-2002, 11:59 AM
RE: Conversations about the C2 Ventures Autograph dinner and the Indy Knights...

Please know we totally appreciate each and every volunteer who helped out during the show. As anybody who was there knows, the entire show was way busier than even the highest expectations. With so many fans, many volunteers put in extra time and it was not possible to have any kind of a record of who worked where and when. However, I feel all volunteers did their part, and more, and I feel Ron did an excellent job of coordinating the Indy Knights. And according to our head count, there were only 110 people at the dinner total, so it's pretty unlikely 100 of them were Indy Knights.

I'd appreciate an end to the conversation on this point.

Best...philip wise

05-12-2002, 01:44 PM
C2 sucked. People are butt smoochers. Enough Said. C2 was all about money...

Tyler_Pugmire
05-12-2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Ed3:
Turned away? Maybe the cushy sit-next-to-a-celeb jobs were all taken (and I can't vouch for that since I was welded to my chair in the pull service booth all weekend) but there was plenty of work to be done. I'd like to hear more about this being turned away and know who did so.

I know that standing and doing some basic line control isn't as much fun as sitting next to Amy Allen for three days but we were short of bodies, not overstaffed, the whole weekend.<font size="2" face="arial">If I had know you guys were short handed, I would have volunteered to sit next to Amy Allen for three days for you guys. Anything to help the team...
-Ty-

images/icons/grin.gif