PDA

View Full Version : C2: The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

BigDumbWookiee
05-07-2002, 01:20 PM
Here's my experience:

The Good: Got my figures and most of my other CII merchandise, bought my autograph set, got the LE 500 signed novel, and ordered the replica Yoda. As always, I enjoyed Indy (I live there), met a lot of great people, got to go to the concert (which I personally thought was great). Got to meet and talk to Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker and Peter Mayhew, and not at the autograph area.

The Bad: Didnt get a directors chair or mug, which I wanted almost as badly as the figure (if you could help me out, please email me). Didnt actually GET my autograph set, but it should be mailed soon. I was hoping to meet a sweet, single Star Wars fan-girl, but no such luck :c( The concert line and mod rule incident, although it ultimately lead to my meeting Anthony Daniels and Kenny Baker, so that isnt too bad.

The Ugly: Jerk scalpers, and the Jorg fiasco. Overwhelming crowds at some points, and the fact that Fan Club status hardly had any value overall. The skyway incident. Security: I agree, something very bad could have happened, luckily nothing did. I lost my credit card. Come to find out, the Fan Club store checkout girl didnt give it back, but I was able to go back and get it.

Overall I still had a fantastic time. I came in knowing that I would be overwhelmed with crowds and line waits, and made the best of it.

Carl_StarWarsFan_Org
05-07-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by BigDumbWookie:
ordered the replica Yoda<font size="2" face="arial">The replica YODA... or Yoda's lightsaber?? I was unaware they were selling the actual fullsize Yoda replicas (I assume the one shown near the Rubies booth from AOTC). If so, who's taking orders? I must have one...

BigDumbWookiee
05-07-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Carl@StarWarsFan.Org:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by BigDumbWookie:
ordered the replica Yoda<font size="2" face="arial">The replica YODA... or Yoda's lightsaber?? I was unaware they were selling the actual fullsize Yoda replicas (I assume the one shown near the Rubies booth from AOTC). If so, who's taking orders? I must have one...</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">Rubies was preselling their life size AOTC Yoda replica, complete with lightsaber (although not the quality of Master Replicas) at their booth. They ship August/September, and they were preselling for $600.00. They told me by preordering I would save $100.00. Not sure if that meant I will pay $500.00, or they will cost everyone else $700.00. They were displaying the Yoda on the front table of their booth. While not 100% sure, I believe they may have sold out. As I was passing by their table early Sunday morning, I heard one of them mention they only had 5 left. Of course they could have been saying that to get people to order too. In my opinion, it is the absolute best Yoda replica ever made.

Adam

Darth_Bryan
05-07-2002, 03:14 PM
BigDumbWookie you paid 600 and everyone else will pay 700. I talked to the guy at Rubies about it. Way to much money for me but it was really awesome. Did you get the $800 autograph set? If you did who was the special autograph from. Finally if you got all that and more this weekend I need to get in you line of work.

BigDumbWookiee
05-07-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by BryanC:
BigDumbWookie you paid 600 and everyone else will pay 700. I talked to the guy at Rubies about it. Way to much money for me but it was really awesome. Did you get the $800 autograph set? If you did who was the special autograph from. Finally if you got all that and more this weekend I need to get in you line of work.<font size="2" face="arial">I did order the set, but have yet to receive it. Im totally hoping its George, but I kind of doubt it will be.

lol Well I've been a network engineer for about a year now, and I live with my parents right now, so I dont have all the inhibitive costs that I would if I had a house or rented an apartment. Needless to say though, I am quite broke now!

[ 05-07-2002, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: BigDumbWookie ]

Vadervictor
05-07-2002, 05:14 PM
The number one "Good" aspect to Celebration II was the fans! I brought my four year old son and all he talks about is how he saw jango Fett walk past our hotel room. The costumes were great! I give a lot of credit to these people who made there own especially
expanded universe charactors. I asked like fifty people to stop for a picture with my son and everyone was super nice about it. I also liked that they had lots of different things to do so if one line was too horrible you had some options. This was more true for Friday as opposed to Saturday when all lines were a disaster.
The bad..... I was kind of disappointed with the dealers. The only one that was cool was the Ultra-rama people who sold there dioramas cheaper than what they are on-line. Otherwise, I pretty much would see something cool, look at the price, then say, "Nah, I'll try getting it on ebay." I kept looking for action figure "stands" but no one had any. Does anyone know anybody who sells display feet stands or figure glass display cases? I need a link.
The Ugly..... C2 Ventures autograph pull-service from Hell. But since I've already griped about this on another thread I'll just leave it at that. Let me just conclude with....I WANT MY AUTOGRAPHS!!!!!

Mr_Stimp
05-07-2002, 05:38 PM
Well here we go

The good: I was at CII and had a great time. Met alot of cool people from all over the world. And saw that there are girls in the hobby.

The Bad: The lines, the lines, the lines. Thats my only complaint. Also the fact that I spent too much money, and will be trying to pay it off for quite awhile.

The Ugly: My airport experience. One the way there we missed our layover flight in Chiago so we got in 6 hours later then we planed. On the way back the airport was closed due to the weather so we had to fly around and then got diverted to another airport for fuel. Then 2 hours after we were supposed to land we where home. Also I missed Peter Mayhew running to his plane he was at the same gate just one plane before. I was at the gift shop looking around. My mom thought it was funny, I didn't.

bobafett14
05-07-2002, 07:05 PM
Having the access because we were setting up early Friday AM was the saving grace of the entire weekend. Being ablr to get into the hall at 8:00 AM was fantastic!

Our group had an absolute blast this weekend! It goes down as one of the best weekends I'll ever have(I'm sure of that)

Great to meet all the actors, great to meet all the fans, and great to meet all the the people we talk to everyday on the net.

Wouldn't have missed it for the world!

Darth_Kenobi
05-07-2002, 07:14 PM
The Good: Meeting people who I have talked to online. Getting the stuff that I wanted.

The Bad: Lines. The fact that the Dealers got in first to the store.

The Ugly: When leaving the Limo company was a 20 minutes late to take me to the airport. While waiting to be able to takeoff seeing the Co-pilot going back and fourth from the Cockpit to the rear of the plane over and over again. Then find out that the plane was turning left when the runway was to the right of us and seeing the Copilot coming back again. Then the Pilot getting over the PA saying that, The flight crew smelt something in the back of the plane and the Copilot was looking at the ciurct breakers and that they had other people talking to see if they had to gfo back to the gate. Luckly we were able to takeoff and made it safely to the airport.

05-08-2002, 12:51 AM
I decided to start a thread outlining the positives and negatives to see how our experiences compare. This is mostly subjective, please add your own.

The Good: Nice Hotel (Crowne Plaza), nice people (for the most part), clean city (at least what I saw), I got my 2 Jorg Sacul figs (plus the lightsaber pens - those are so cool!), nice selection of guests, The Children's Museum was awesome, my son had a good time, met some nice people, wife is now a Star Wars convert!

The Bad: the few people that smelled like crap and B.O., I didn't get into the Star Wars Archives (line was always too long and I had other things I wanted to see), didn't see the concert (I heard it was mediocre from several people, though), didn't get any autographs (I refused to wait that long and the pull service was running behind - mine would have had to have been mailed to me).

The Ugly: The Jorg Sacul fiasco (I saw one guy buy 10 and even saw someone walking down the hall with an entire case!), the organization of the events and lines (WOTC screwed up royally when it came to predicting numbers of attendees), the poor security (no, nothing happened but it could have and it would have been a disaster), the lines - standing in line to get tickets to stand in another line = horsesh--, the dealers/scalpers ($60 for a Tie-Bomber and $30 for Jorg Sacul - no shame). No organization as to which lines were for fan club members & non-members, will-call and such. I stood in line for an hour Saturday morning when I didn't need to, I could have walked right in since I had my badge (the initial fan club line had already went in).

I'm sure there are more...

[ 05-07-2002, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: freudguy ]