PDA

View Full Version : What did you sacrifice/skip/miss to be at CII?

BigDumbWookiee
05-07-2002, 11:44 AM
To go to a convention for three days, it seems like most people would have to make sacfrices, and skip or miss out on other plans, etc. Im just curious, other than the obvious money, what all did you have to sacrifice to be able to attend CII?

As for me, well Saturday May 4th was my graduation ceremony from the University of Indianapolis. As my fellow students were walking down the aisle, I was spending my hard earned cash at CII....... Suprisingly, my parents didnt pressure me to go to graduation, they also wanted to go to CII!

Adam

Darth_Bryan
05-07-2002, 03:38 PM
I thought missing out on some of the sessions for autographs and the figure was a sacrifice. You take the cake on that one. I'm a fan but that would of been a tough decision.

bibfortuna
05-07-2002, 04:01 PM
I would have TOTALLY skipped out on a graduation ceremony to be at Celeb 2. I didn't have to skip anything but work. I requested the day off in January, but had told my boss I needed the day off about a year ago. images/icons/smile.gif

Rob

Snowbi_Wan
05-07-2002, 05:27 PM
I skipped Celebration II!!

TK_421
05-07-2002, 09:42 PM
I just skipped work.. C2 is big, but your college graduation is once in a lifetime.. there will be other Star Wars Celebrations...

I dunno, I salute your fandom, I just would've made a different choice I guess..

BigDumbWookiee
05-07-2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by TK-421:
I just skipped work.. C2 is big, but your college graduation is once in a lifetime.. there will be other Star Wars Celebrations...

I dunno, I salute your fandom, I just would've made a different choice I guess..<font size="2" face="arial">And Ive always got the Masters program to graduate from :c)

TK_421
05-07-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by BigDumbWookie:
And Ive always got the Masters program to graduate from :c)<font size="2" face="arial">Having graduated from both undergrad and grad school, I enjoyed undergrad much more.. I had a lot more friends to celebrate with, but since you have another chance, I understand..

05-08-2002, 12:02 AM
Spoken like a Die-hard fan.

Rogue9Horn
05-08-2002, 08:59 AM
I didn't bother to go to my college graduation. After sitting thru my wife's for over 4 hours, I didn't want to subject myself and family to that. I just had them mail my diploma to me. KUDOS to you BDWookie for going to C2. IMO you made the better choice.