PDA

View Full Version : Carrie Fisher autographs

Jeremy
05-07-2002, 10:28 AM
To everyone who lined up for Carrie autographs, Rick, Dave and I just wanted to say thank you all for having the patience to stick it out.

The three of us felt honoured to be working the room - not only because we were in Carrie's presenece but we got to meet 3000 Star Wars fans in 2 days.

How many other C2 attendees can say that? LOL!!

Hopefully you all went away happy with the few minutes you got with her. Rebelscum knows that Dave did.

If you want to share your experience int he line, pass on messages to buddies you met up with or new friends you made then keep posting in this thread.

Jeremy

jadesfire
05-07-2002, 04:30 PM
Well, I must have met one or all three of you then. I got in around 11:30 on Saturday. My friend and I were in our Leia (ANH) and Padme (battle costume) and Carrie was a really cool lady to meet. She personalized my photo's, complemented my outfit and chatted to the both of us, while she signed our photos. Whoever helped me spread my photo's on the table so the pen could dry and let my girlfriend and I get ourselves "back together" before we went back out - THANKS!!
Meeting Carrie Fisher was one of the highlights of the whole weekend-I envy you to be able to hang out in there for both days. Did you get a photo with her?

bobafett14
05-07-2002, 06:55 PM
I was 4th in line on Sat. for Carrie's autograph. Matt with the Yavin 4 site got the official "1st in line" title. We got in real early that morning with the exhibitor and associate badges.

Since there were no photos allowed we snapped a few nice picks while they were opening the door for her to enter the room. Also saw the NBC footage Monday morning where you guys totally denied them access to her -suhweet!

I had her sign the People magazine from '78 w/her and Vader on the cover. The pen actually had a slight burp, but really isn't that noticeable.

It was great to FINALLY meet her!

Jeremy
05-08-2002, 07:12 AM
As odd as it sounds I'd say I'll probably be able to remember each and every one of you guys who came through, but I certainly remember Jadesfire! She and her friend looked like they were about to pee themselves, which I do remember commenting on :-)

I remember Matt being the first on Sturday too - hopefully after lining up outside the con centre from 1:30am and then staying in the Carrie line for another 2 hours he went and had a shower because he was looking pretty dreadful! LOL!

Jeremy

Jeremy
05-08-2002, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by bobafett14:
Also saw the NBC footage Monday morning where you guys totally denied them access to her -suhweet!<font size="2" face="arial">I can't wait to see that either! Rick and I were on the door at the time and we're totally stoked at blowing off NBC on the national news. Too cool!

Jeremy

jadesfire
05-08-2002, 07:37 AM
LMAO Jeremy, so true!! My girlfriend actually had tears in her eyes. I never imagined I would be so speechless and Carrie was SO nice about talking to us, even if we couldn't form legible sentences!! images/icons/smile.gif

mousedroid
05-08-2002, 08:14 AM
I got into Carrie's line at 10 am on Saturday morning. As I was trudging back through the crowds to find the end of the line (I think it was somewhere just outside Chicago at the time) I heard someone call out to me. It was two complete strangers who remembered me from the Pittsburgh Comicon.

I stopped and chatted with them for a while and then told them I'd better get going before the line got any longer. They told me just to stay with them in line so I asked the women behind them if they minded and they said no, so that's where I parked myself.

I spent the next 7 hours and 15 minutes in line with them. We took turns using the restroom, getting food and wandering aimlessly for brief periods to relieve the boredom. There was a moment of truth around 12:30, when having moved only 30 feet in 2.5 hours, I seriously considered giving up. I decided to stick it out though when I heard the conditions had been changed from 12 autographs per person to 8, and then later to 4 (which is what it should have been to start with).

By the time I got to see Carrie at 5:15, she looked a little weary, but was still very nice. I had her sign my carded Slave Leia action fig., my SW Visual Dictionary and one of her photos, which she personalized to me. She smiled when I said thank you, and I wanted to shake her hand, but I didn't know if she would, so I didn't bother.

All in all it was a positive experience. I made some new friends and although it was a little stressful early on, it really ended up being a pretty relaxing day. I got to meet Jeremy too! images/icons/smile.gif

Jeremy
05-08-2002, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by mousedroid:
I got to meet Jeremy too! images/icons/smile.gif <font size="2" face="arial">Was that Jeremy Bulloch or Jeremy from Rebelscum (i.e. me?)? Either way one of us was lucky enough to met you :-)

Jeremy

Matt_Carroll
05-08-2002, 09:25 AM
I was in the line for the better part of Sunday. After waiting a couple of hours to get into the convention center, a friend and I hopped into the already long line for Carrie and waited. images/icons/smile.gif

By the time we got into her room around 2:30, she looked pretty tired, but she still was talking to people and thanking them for waiting so long to see her. That was really cool images/icons/smile.gif

If only I had my camera bag a little more handy rather than buried in my backpack. The person taking the tickets and Carrie were discussing taking pictures of something (I'm not sure what), but the ticket taker noticed that she didn't have any film in her camera. Carrie then asked those of us standing at her table if any of us had spare film. I said yes, and started digging for it. Carrie then said that she'd trade a personalization (she wasn't doing personalizations on Sunday afternoon) along with an extra signed photo - at which point the guy 2 places in front of me snapped out a roll of film and handed it to Carrie. images/icons/frown.gif D'oh!

D. Martin
05-08-2002, 10:11 AM
When Carrie personalizes those pictures, she goes to town. Mine doesn't have any room left on it what so ever!

Like Jeremy said, it was a pleasure talking to each and every one of you. (and of course being there with Jer and Rick (two of the greatest guys I know) made the whole trip better.

-to the girl who got the pic of Carrie and Kenny, I'm sorry I scared you; I was only joking images/icons/smile.gif

Capntarpals
05-08-2002, 10:32 AM
On Saturday morning, I got in the line to get into the con at 5:45AM! When the doors finally opened, I proceeded directly to Ms. Fishers scheduled area, and waited until 10:00. I was person #50 in line(give or take a few...some other dude did the counting). I got my autograph, and I'm extremely happy!

Thanks for even making it possible, guys! C2 kicked major tail!

05-08-2002, 10:57 AM
It was funny when on Saturday morning I arrived at the convention center and there was a mini-marathon about to take place. Talk about having the opposite ends of the spectrum passing one another (marathon runners and star wars fans).
Anyway, I went for the figure on that day, and after seeing the line for Carrie Fisher once I recieved my allotment of two Jorg Sacul's I was devastated and thought, 'no way is this going to happen.'

I resigned myself to getting other autographs and arriving earlier on Sunday.

3:23 a.m. Sunday morning I was in line, roughly 23rd in line, and met a couple of nice people while we waited on the cold concrete (HEY CINDY).

By 8 a.m. I found that I was now roughly 40th in line as the queue mysteriously began to grow in width instead of length.

So once the doors were opened, I ran...I admit it I ran.

Low and behold when I reached the hallway to turn to get into Carrie's room, there was already a line of 30 people extending out. (Must be nice to have an exhibitor's pass and walk in the door at the last minute)

Anyway...after a quick wait of two hours and 45 minutes I made it into the room, heard the 'no personalizations' speech and then watched as Carrie put '2 Tim Carrie Fisher' on the picture I handed to her.

She was cordial, conversational, and I appreciated every second she was willing to have me stand in front of her table.

Rolling up my original Style B Empire poster that I had her sign was a chore as my hands were shaking a little bit, but everything worked out.

Thank you to you guys working the room.

Nerfherder
05-08-2002, 11:20 AM
I must have been just ahead of Matt, cuz I got in there at about 2:00 pm Sunday. I met some really nice folks in line and we all let eachother go off and do other things while we waited. I saw two presentations, and had lunch while 'waiting'. I had my hooded commtech Leia signed and a photo. I didnt dare to ask about the personalization. She was very nice, albeit distracted by the person before me, who had met her before at another con I guess, and the person behind me, who was dressed as Anakin and was a DEAD ON likeness of Hayden Christiansen. Carrie was quite impressed by that.
A shout out to all the nice people I met in line Sunday, escpecially the fellows from Omaha Fan Force!

Mirax_H
05-08-2002, 03:58 PM
David and Jeremy,

Thank you so much for not kick Jade's Fire and myself out of that room for being to crazy histerical women! I imagined myself possibly crying when I thought about meeting Carrie but really didn't think I would. I figured I'd be cool, calm and collected. I was anything but! I remember seeing David after we got our autographs and he was just smiling instead of rolling his eyes and shaking his head:) I think we gave those around us quite a memory and it was an experience I'll never forget. I think I was so happy to finally get to meet her after 5 hours of inside and outside line waiting that I was just so overwhelmed with joy and excitement. Thank you all again!

Jeremy
05-08-2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Mirax H:
Thank you so much for not kick Jade's Fire and myself out of that room for being to crazy histerical women!<font size="2" face="arial">My policy for handling hysterical women is to leave them where they are. Drooling women I tend to invite out to dinner ;-)

It was good seeing you two - you were both highlights to the day!

Jeremy

05-08-2002, 05:18 PM
Hey guys,
Just wanted to share my experience of meeting Carrie Fisher. I met her on Saturday afternoon, I finally got in to see her as one of the last 10 people they let in before she went to lunch. Boy was that close! I was standing along side the autograph table and Ms. Fisher asks me "How's the madness out there?" I said, "Pretty bad, I've been in line for about 6 hours and I skipped out on Breakfast." Not even a second later, she said "Are you hungry? Do you want a bagel, get him a bagel." I said that was alright and then she joked and said "Are you sure, I'll autograph it." Then i said "Then I really won't eat it!" It was a good laugh for everone in the room, but I had Ms. fisher's attention all to myself!!!! I don' think I ever felt so special. After that, she said "Forget about the bagel, you want some candy?" And there we were, Carrie Fisher, Her publicist and me sifting through a bag of Chocalate together. She ended up giving me a Kit Kat, and guess what my ******* did, I ate it. What was i thinking??? Here, Princess Leia gave me a Kit Kat bar and i ate it! Duh. So after that I thanked them both and wished Ms. Fisher good luck with the rest of her autographs, and she laughed again. Since we were the last people to see her before she was going to lunch, I manged to get Ms. Fisher on Video leaving the room, I said Hi to her on tape and got a wave back, and then asked her if she could say Hi to my daughter Shelby. She said right on camera "Hi Shelby" How AWESOME is that!!!! I also wanted to mention that Carrie Fisher has a great sense of humor, if you couldn't tell by my little story, she signed a buddy of mine's figure: The restraining order is still in effect! Carrie Fisher Now that was some funny stuff!

Mirax_H
05-08-2002, 07:31 PM
That is a great story. Sure made it worth standing in line that long, huh?

senator_jar_jar
05-08-2002, 08:56 PM
I am just glad i got to meet her and get her signature it made the whole weekend worth while..

mousedroid
05-09-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Jeremy:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by mousedroid:
I got to meet Jeremy too! images/icons/smile.gif <font size="2" face="arial">Was that Jeremy Bulloch or Jeremy from Rebelscum (i.e. me?)? Either way one of us was lucky enough to met you :-)

Jeremy</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">It was you. I was the guy in the Jar-Jar in Carbonite Rebelscum t-shirt at the end of the day Saturday. Surely you remember me! Say you do, or I'll be crushed!!!

Jeremy
05-09-2002, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by mousedroid:
Say you remember me! Say you do, or I'll be crushed!!!<font size="2" face="arial">Course I do - I met a couple of other forum mods in the line too - but I definitely remember you! Your tee was images/icons/cool.gif ! Can you e-mail me and give me the details who to get it from again?

Jeremy