PDA

View Full Version : C2 Ventures

Vadervictor
05-06-2002, 11:18 PM
I think someone should be contacted to insure that these bozos are NOT at Celebration III or any other Star Wars event. Who do we email,write,petition? I could almost forgive that blonde guy (was that what color his hair was supposed to be?) for being as dumb as a box of rocks but the rudeness was inexcusable. He told
me that "they" were pulling orders that were for under ten autographs first because they were "easier." I'm sorry but when someone pays you $200 plus for over ten autographs that isn't what you want to hear. I would think that orders should be pulled in the order they were given. I'm real bitter
because I keep thinking about all the different
events I didn't see, and could have had I not spent over three hours standing at that booth waiting for that "next batch" of autographs to come down that never did. The fact that i still
left empty handed was insult to injury.

D. Martin
05-07-2002, 12:16 AM
Actually, that blonde guy (the one in the red shirt and 'stach?) didn't know what he was saying because I spent from 9AM-11PM on Saturday filling those orders and I can assure you that isn't how we did it.

What he might have meant is that the big and small orders were split into different piles so two different teams could work on them.

There were a lot of people who worked very hard -and for free, might I add- to fill those orders. Please don't take the word of someone who didn't know what he was saying.

Would you rather CIII be autograph free like CI?

As for who you can speak to about C2 Ventures, you can contact Philip Wise at philip@rebelscum.com. images/icons/wink.gif

Vadervictor
05-07-2002, 07:26 AM
I think they should have sent you additional help pulling orders. They should have stopped taking pull-service orders by mid Saturday when it was obvious that you guys could not keep up. Then the people taking the pull-service orders could have assisted you. I'm sorry that you A) didn't get paid and B) worked a long day but there were many of us who would have gladly gone up and helped you if it meant we could have had our product sooner.

Dustin
05-07-2002, 07:33 AM
Vader, I worked the pull service all weekend long too and all I have to say is we learned the hard way about what not to do next time around :-)

Vadervictor
05-07-2002, 08:17 AM
I hope so for you sake. The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am. Seriously, do you know when the autographs are being mailed out?

Jeremy
05-07-2002, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Vadervictor:
I think they should have sent you additional help pulling orders.<font size="2" face="arial">Believe me when I say we were flat out for 3 days filling the pre-pull orders. Dave had 20 people organised to work on them round the clock in an office with enough room for 10 people!

Jeremy

royalguard96
05-07-2002, 09:43 AM
Finally I see a thread on this. This whole campaign was advertised as being only a couple hours wait to get the autographs you ordered. I saw several people who stood in line Friday (including myself) to make sure their orders were placed, and yet, but 3 p.m. Sunday, some people had not even received their packets yet. I did get a packet, but one photo was missing from mine - the one signed by Bulloch, Prowse and Williams - which was the one I would obviously treasure the most (as well as paid the most for). At first they wouldn't let me have my packet, but I didn't trust them to completely fill my order, so I took it. C2 Ventures gets an "E" in my book for completely botching this up. There was a guy with blonde hair and a moustache working behind the counter there who was blowing people off left and right (including me) when they would check on the status of their order. After ignoring people and giving them rolls of the eyes, he sat there eating a sandwich. I know this might not seem like such a huge deal to some, but the small things can really play into a person's overall feeling about an event. Kudos to volunteers from the rebelscum.com staff who did work in that booth on Sunday and did their best to give solid answers to people who were wondering where their orders were. C2 ventures should have known how popular this service would be and done a better job to get orders filled as quickly as possible. Don't advertise "come back in a couple hours to pick up your photos" when some people went the whole weekend without having their orders filled. Absolutely awful. If anyone from Wizards is reading this, please keep C2 ventures away from any Star Wars-related event in the future. They acted like their customers were nothing but a bother to them. I paid $142 for my autographs, so I can imagine what someone who plucked down $795 felt when their book didn't even arrive at all. One guy did tell me C2 would priority mail to me the photo I was missing at their expense. Frankly, it's the least they could do.
Please excuse the length of the C2 ventures rant, but they really need to be called out for the way they handled the pull service.
My last question is: should I just wait on the one photo I am still due, and trust them to send itto me, or should I pester them with emails and phone calls? Thanks for reading and for your help, rebelscum.com staff.

Darth_Bryan
05-07-2002, 04:13 PM
I'm thankful for all those guys and girls who worked hard at the Ventures booth for free. I'm not happy with the company though. You've got to be kidding me with having on guy taking orders and 200 plus waiting in line. I decided to help out some Sunday by passing out the order form to everyone in line. Would it of been that hard to have a table set up just to fill out the form before you got to the booth.

I'm sure you guys learned a lot the hard way and I hope those guys don't ever get a contract to do that again unless they learn how to do it with competence. Yes I know it was a million times better having autographs vs. no autographs but a little common sense and some courtesy can go a long way. The people who had the money to get the 795.00 set and didn't get it got robbed. They will mail them out. I don't have anywhere that kind of money but come on. Don't make advertisements and not keep them. I think the advertisement should be: We promise but can't always deliver and Why wait in that line when you can wait in this line.

Again thanks to the people who worked for free.

[ 05-07-2002, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: BryanC ]

Ed3
05-08-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Vadervictor:
I think they should have sent you additional help pulling orders. They should have stopped taking pull-service orders by mid Saturday when it was obvious that you guys could not keep up. Then the people taking the pull-service orders could have assisted you. I'm sorry that you A) didn't get paid and B) worked a long day but there were many of us who would have gladly gone up and helped you if it meant we could have had our product sooner.<font size="2" face="arial">The people taking the pull-service orders (of which I was the big guy with the beard) did help fill the orders well into the night on Saturday. I'm sure than if we had cut off the line early on Saturday that we would have made even more people angry and it frankly wouldn't have gotten the packets out much faster. We did have all of the photos ready to be picked up, including all of the $750 sets, before the end of the show on Sunday.

If somebody was offended by Dan or I eating a sandwich in the pull service booth, please accept my sincere apology. It took me about 2.5 hours to eat that sandwich from my box lunch one half-bite at a time on Saturday. I got to the apple about 7 hours later. I didn't move an inch from that chair from 8:45am to 5:45pm so that I could help keep the line moving. Waiting in line sucks so Dan and I and all of the others working in the booth about killed ourselves trying to keep the wait as short as possible and serve as many people as possible.

I'm just glad we were able to get so many people Carrie Fisher's autograph even if they didn't camp out overnight to wait in her line.

[ 05-08-2002, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: Ed3 ]

05-09-2002, 07:55 AM
Any idea when the packets are going to be shipped? Any info at all would be great...

mousedroid
05-09-2002, 08:24 AM
For those of you criticizing C2V and demanding they not be at C3, keep in mind two things:

1. If not for C2V taking the proverbial bull by the horns, it's likely none of us would have gotten autographs at C2.

2. Which would you rather have running the autograph sessions at C3 - C2V, who have made mistakes and hopefully learned from them, or a new, inexperienced company, which will probably repeat the same mistakes, or make even more?

Vadervictor
05-09-2002, 09:45 AM
I'll let you know the answer to that after I finally get my autographs.
<font size="2" face="arial">
<font size="2" face="arial">

05-10-2002, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by mousedroid:
For those of you criticizing C2V and demanding they not be at C3, keep in mind two things:

1. If not for C2V taking the proverbial bull by the horns, it's likely none of us would have gotten autographs at C2.

2. Which would you rather have running the autograph sessions at C3 - C2V, who have made mistakes and hopefully learned from them, or a new, inexperienced company, which will probably repeat the same mistakes, or make even more?<font size="2" face="arial">I have been in retail, for over 15 years. I attend huge and tiny collectible shows and conventions. Something on the magnitude of a Star Wars convention should have been run far better than it was! NEVER have I been to ANY convention so poorly run. Too many fans were in too many lines for way too long of a time, for way too little return. All I kept hearing was how they were waiting in lines and NOT getting to actually do or see things. What a total shame!

05-10-2002, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Panda:
<font size="2" face="arial">I have been in retail, for over 15 years. I attend huge and tiny collectible shows and conventions. Something on the magnitude of a Star Wars convention should have been run far better than it was! NEVER have I been to ANY convention so poorly run. Too many fans were in too many lines for way too long of a time, for way too little return. All I kept hearing was how they were waiting in lines and NOT getting to actually do or see things. What a total shame![/QUOTE]

Wizards of the Coast completely underestimated the crowds. The exhibitor packets were announcing expected attendance at 25,000 for the 3 days total. You triple the expected turnout and anything becomes a mess.

Being on the exhibitor floor for 5 days (wednesday and thursday were setup) and seeing alot of stuff that happened, WOTC had terrible communications with their own staff. They should have had everyone with radios or at least defined areas of coverage. Too few people knowing what to do, and too many thinking that they knew what to do.

jeff

rmschneider104
05-13-2002, 03:50 PM
I would be happy to have C2V handle the autographs at Celebration 3. That would be much better than no autographs there. C2Ventures had there hands full, though, in Indy.

Vadervictor
05-13-2002, 05:32 PM
I just received my autographs. Since I've been very vocal over my disgust with C2 I feel I should let everyone know that as a bonus they had all twenty of my autographs authenticated (which would have been an extra $3 each). I appreciate this gesture and hope that everyone else out there who has not received theirs yet, gets them soon. My order was complete and looks great. Just wanted everyone to know.

Bill_McBride
05-14-2002, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Darth Jeff:

Being on the exhibitor floor for 5 days (wednesday and thursday were setup) and seeing alot of stuff that happened, WOTC had terrible communications with their own staff. They should have had everyone with radios or at least defined areas of coverage. Too few people knowing what to do, and too many thinking that they knew what to do.

jeff<font size="2" face="arial">I totally agree with this. I was also on the floor during set up, and I have never seen so many clueless people working one show. If I asked one question to 5 different people, then I would have gotten 5 different answers. There were some exceptions and a VERY few members of the staff were on the ball, but the rest of them couldn't have found thier *****es in the dark if they would have had a flashlight taped to it.

Bill

I would like to add, that will all the "problems" this was still 100x's better than Denver. I had a great time, and I can't wait until C3.

TK_421
05-16-2002, 10:45 AM
I got my autographs yesterday, glad C2 came through. Does anyone have an online store they recommend to get a protector for my photos? I don't want to get my fingerprints on them and stuff.

Capntarpals
05-16-2002, 02:04 PM
I'd gladly want C2 Ventures to return for C3! Look at all the guests they lined up! Awesome. Carrie Fisher...cool! Julian Glover...cool! As of now, I need maybe like a handful of autos from those actors who hit the con circuit.

The one thing that made me freak was that the dude dressed like a Rebel Soldier said that the stars weren't autographing any personal items...I almost fainted until I asked another employee the same question, and got the answer I wanted to hear..."yes, they are signing personal items". Which for me, were my figures. Whew! Big relief.

Underestimated attendance? Hell yeah, I'd believe that. Wizards of the Coast "inherited" the SW Fan Club, and they now know firsthand what a bunch of dedicated and rabid fans we all are. Next time, may the crowds be corraled more appropriately. (I'm not whining about lines...go to any Disney park during peak/busy times and you'll experience a line!)

C2, for me, was awesome. Bring on AOTC, and bring on C3!