PDA

View Full Version : Diorama

Dice_Ibegon
05-06-2002, 06:36 PM
Did they do that diorama thing? I have not heard much on it recently.

05-06-2002, 06:45 PM
By the looks of it I´d say is this one, but Im not sure.

http://www.deathstarplans.com/events/c2/sunday/s45.jpg

http://www.deathstarplans.com/events/c2/sunday/s50.jpg

bibfortuna
05-06-2002, 07:46 PM
I stopped in and checked out the diorama progress several times over the weekend. I didn't think Frank was going to pull it off as of Sunday morning, but it came out looking pretty good.

It was a lot of work, and I think Frank did a great job. The other dioramas on display were also very nice. I especially liked Frank's Falcon and the Tantive IV hallway by somebody else (can't remember who).

Rob

Muftak
05-07-2002, 09:23 AM
I can assure you that the diorama building did happen--I spent most of my weekend in there. It was great for getting away from the huuuuuuge crowds that were everywhere else...

I'd never built anything like that before, but Frank was a good teacher. I built a house for Mos Eisley, then joined up with the group that wound up building the docking bay...that was a lot of fun, and I met some really great guys.

I would say it was the room with the best vibe in the whole Celebration (no lines, giving stuff away, helping out new friends) and was definitely the highlight of the weekend for me.

05-07-2002, 11:09 AM
Now, I wish I'd spent more time in there than I did, and I assure you, if something like this occurs at Celebration III, I will do so

bibfortuna
05-07-2002, 03:38 PM
I would have liked to do something like this, but I couldn't see spending 3 or 4 or more hours building a diorama when there was so much other stuff to do.

Especially because lines were so long, you had to plan ahead to see what you wanted to see. I wanted to see a 1:00 panel and a 3:00 panel. Basically, when I left the 1:00 panel, I walked around for 10 min or so, then got in line again.

I'm not complaining, I expected the lines, and enjoyed C2 immensely, I'm just saying I really couldn't see staying in one room for the hours it took to do a good job.

I got to meet Frank, he seemed very nice, but very busy images/icons/grin.gif

Rob

05-07-2002, 08:29 PM
Did anyone get to see Niubniub´s dioramas? Or Michael Fri´ght´s Tantive IV?
I bet they looked very sweet in person.

bibfortuna
05-07-2002, 08:42 PM
Was Michael Fright's Tantive IV there? Or is he taking it to the opening of the movie? I didn't see or hear anything about that while I was there.

Rob

05-07-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by bibfortuna:
Was Michael Fright's Tantive IV there? Or is he taking it to the opening of the movie? I didn't see or hear anything about that while I was there.

Rob<font size="2" face="arial">I remember reading months ago that was going to take it to CII. Maybe he couldn´t finish it in time due to that annoying Building Inspector he once told us about.