PDA

View Full Version : A Better Plan...

QGJim
05-06-2002, 01:14 PM
Maybe Hasbro should think of a new system for C3. Here's my idea:

Have two types of admissions. One would be the standard admission, and the other would be the "premium" admission. The premium admission would cost $20 more than the standard, but it would entitle the admisssion holder two of the exclusive figures at no additional charge (paid in advance sort of.) That would give everyone a chance to get their figures. Noone would have to wait in some huge line to get them. Best of all, it would defeat the scalper scum, since they would have to buy additional admissions to get into the event just to get additional figures.

What do you think?

I agree something has to be done for next time, if there is a next time.
Would it be so difficult to give out vouchers to the attendees when they either register or pick up their event passes? If you lose your vouchers, well, tough luck, just like if you lose your event pass. You could then sell your vouchers or whatever, but there would still be a set number of them.
I know many people might not be int othe ideaof punching their pass when they buy their figures because the passes are considered a collector's item as well.
shotgnz
05-06-2002, 02:59 PM
I like the suggestion for the premium paid admission. I also suggested that the passes should have been numbered. Then they could have put the numbers into a simple excel spreadsheet. The counter people could have entered it in when they bought two. Whenever someone puts a pass number in they do a search function first- which they would see if one was bought that day.
I made the trek to CII. This was my first Star wars convention and believe me- the last. Whenever you plan a convention event, you plan for the worst- They did not. It was in the heart of the Midwest, what were they expecting?? Chicago has an event that is second only to California- Wizard world and that was better organized. They should have contacted an event planner. There were no ropes or directions for the lines. You had to wait in line for tickets to get autographs and if you needed Carrie Fishers, you needed to go to another line. After I received my signings in the autograph section, I needed to place an order for the Autograph pull section. That line was two hours long- they had twiddle dee looking at the sheet then giving the sheet to tweedle dumb. They could have had more help in the booths...

Thats my 50 cents.
Thx, SHotgnz
Long live the Fetts

tk421_1_2
05-06-2002, 03:26 PM
this all sounds good and dandy but you have to realize that scanning numbers or punching holes in a badge take extra time. All lines were at least 2 hrs go get anywhere and with so many ppl there it would be tough to make merchandise sold there scalper proof. The ppl who worked the stores were slow enough for christ sakes...if you made them do something extra like check your badge to make sure you hadn't bought already would have added to the wait and the misery.

I think it all comes down to poor planning for the event...I guess they just underestimated the number of ppl attending although I have a hard time believing that since the fan club had been selling these passes for months. Shouldn't someone have made a count?

QGJim
05-06-2002, 03:38 PM
What I was suggesting was not "buying" anything right there. You would simply go up give your vouchers, and they would give you your figures. Very simple, very fast. That way you could go when it was convenient to you, not get packed in. Plus, it would stop the scalpers from jumping in over and over. Just my 2 cents

mgibson72
05-07-2002, 03:08 PM
Vouchers are a great idea. I can't believe that after waiting for the doll people to clear out I couldn't get a simple T-shirt. "We're sold out for TODAY," was the reply I kept getting. This happened each day of the convention. What the hell?!? Could the doll people have not had a separate line so the rest of us who just want a T-shirt or a pin can get them and move on with the rest of the show?

And the "Two figures per person" rule was a complete joke. I saw numerous people with scads of those dolls. Gimme a break.

MG