PDA

View Full Version : JORG SACUL in the U.K.!!!!!

_Lee_
05-06-2002, 09:44 AM
Hi,

Just wanted to let everyone know that i have heard that a toystore in england has a notice on their site saying that they will soon have the exclusive JORG SACUL figure in soon. images/icons/smile.gif

I thought this was meant to be a convention exclusive? images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Same old story really,everyone thought the same about about a few other Star Wars items.As everybody well knows,Eopie was considered to be rare until a load of sealed cases were suddenly discovered in europe,and the prices dropped considerably(some people were paying 85-100 for this ugly camel thing). images/icons/grin.gif

I sincerley hope all genuine collectors get the figure for their collections without having to resort to making the scalpers wallets heavier. images/icons/mad.gif

On a better note,i hope that whoever from the forums went to C2 had a great time,and got loads of photos to show.

Lee

musasa
05-06-2002, 10:07 AM
Unfortunately, this may be a promo gimmick, or they may have procured a case or two somehow. All accts report that this figure will not be available elsewhere, sad to say. So many folks want this fig, it would be nice if they managed to release it loose, bagged, boxed, or in some fashion.

05-06-2002, 03:01 PM
I am sure they do not want the dealer in question to be supported here... but if you go to a certain site images/icons/wink.gif you will find their link...

Actually I have heard a number of stories about this figure coming to different dealers, and not just because they scalped loads at C2. Sounds like a farce really, just going straight to the scalper pockets not the fans.

Pete

05-07-2002, 12:54 AM
which site? images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/grin.gif

and dont forget to add that the eopie farted too. even less reason to buy it..... images/icons/tongue.gif

images/icons/smile.gif

Jeremy
05-07-2002, 08:41 AM
I thought this was meant to be a convention exclusive? images/icons/rolleyes.gif

On a better note,i hope that whoever from the forums went to C2 had a great time,and got loads of photos to show.
<font size="2" face="arial">Yes, they were exclusive to the event and will not be made available at retail outside of Celebration 2. However the rule was "two per purchase" so there wasn't anything preventing attendees from picking up extra figures for friends and associates.

Strictly speaking buying extra for resale afer C2 is not considered scalping. Buying extra and selling them at inflated prices at the event would have been scalping so dealers were under close eye. I'm pleased to report that no one tried to sell them on in the main dealer's hall.

If it were not for the "two per purchase" rule I would not have been able to pick extras for friends in the UK who were not able to attend, which is exactly why this rule was made.

Jeremy

[ 05-07-2002, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: Jeremy ]

05-07-2002, 09:31 AM
I also wanted to add, after a long conversation with top brass at Lucasfilm, that they strongly intend to have this figure, and other C2 logo merchandise, available only at the event. Any inventory procured by stores or resellers outside of C2 is considered stolen property by Lucasfilm. Keep this in mind when considering ordering this online from any store purportedly carrying this merchandise.

05-07-2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Jeremy:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">

<font size="2" face="arial">I'm pleased to report that no one tried to sell them on in the main dealer's hall.

Jeremy</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">Jer,

There were a few dealers reselling them at the main hall. Check out this image taken by Trade Federation.

http://www.tradefederation.net/cldata/User_files/3cd46399429f8f0b.jpg

05-07-2002, 09:44 AM
This is the store
http://www.r2dtoys.com/

Jeremy
05-07-2002, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by bananapunk:

There were a few dealers reselling them at the main hall. Check out this image taken by Trade Federation.

http://www.tradefederation.net/cldata/User_files/3cd46399429f8f0b.jpg<font size="2" face="arial">There's no proof in the picture that they are actually selling them in the hall. The sign next to the figures says "buying" which means that they wanted to purchase extras from attendees. I talked to Lucasfilm representatives on a number of occasions about these dealers, and they all knew that the punishment was extremely severe. Furthermore Wizards of the Coast security staff were on the look out too.

Did any body hear of any dealer's getting closed down?

Jeremy

Rogue9Horn
05-08-2002, 10:17 AM
Jeremy, I was there and personally witnessed exhibitors in the act of selling the C2 figs in the main hall. As a matter a fact, I listened to negotiations at a booth that were quite distasteful to me. In one of the occurrances, the "vendor/scalper" was explaining that the price of the C2 fig was so high because he reportedly had traded some "valuable" merchandise for it so he was "having" to sell it at the high price. I looked at pretty much all the vendors shops, I had money to spend for items, but after seeing the prices and listening to transactions taking place. I was just sickened. I decided to not buy anything there from any of the "exhibitors". I would rather take my chances at flea markets or even ebay for that matter (which I rarely do). At least on ebay you just decide what you are willing to pay for something and are not insulted face to face buy the scalpers. I've noticed that you have supported this reselling at a profit in other threads. It is somehting that I personally can't do to other collectors. I am not a business man because I just can't take advantage of others in the name of "good business".
PS. I do know of one C2 fig that is going to a collector in the UK though, a good friend of mine who has helped me out getting stuff from over there and I was thrilled to be able to get one for him.

[ 05-08-2002, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: Rogue9Horn ]

musasa
05-08-2002, 10:36 AM
I personally witnessed, along with Apokolips and Matt Carroll, a dealer selling them in the hall. He wanted $40 each and said he was down to his last few. I also heard of several other dealers selling them from between $25-$50 each. This was rampant at C2.

05-08-2002, 11:03 AM
I witnessed with my own eyes a dealer kiosk with a sign that said they were buying and selling for $20. I'm guessing they had bought some themselves for $10 and then sold them for $20. The ones they bought for $20 were to be priced higher later on in the show.

MacLeod
05-08-2002, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by bananapunk:
I also wanted to add, after a long conversation with top brass at Lucasfilm, that they strongly intend to have this figure, and other C2 logo merchandise, available only at the event. Any inventory procured by stores or resellers outside of C2 is considered stolen property by Lucasfilm. Keep this in mind when considering ordering this online from any store purportedly carrying this merchandise.<font size="2" face="arial">Sorry, that's a load of....
I'm not interested in a Jorg Sacul figure, but unless LFL decide to do the decent thing and organise a Celebration for those of us outside America, I don't give a damn if they consider it stolen merchandise or not.

the_killing_joke
05-08-2002, 11:28 AM
I posted the link to that store and there offer of Jorg Sucal a couple of weeks back. Last time I went back, the price (25) had been removed completely. I reckon it was either a gimmick or they are going to be charging a lot more. I bought mine on Ebay for 76 with overseas delivery. May sound like a lot but what the hell! You could blow that on a night down the pub here in England.

_Lee_
05-08-2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Commander Antilles:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by bananapunk:
I also wanted to add, after a long conversation with top brass at Lucasfilm, that they strongly intend to have this figure, and other C2 logo merchandise, available only at the event. Any inventory procured by stores or resellers outside of C2 is considered stolen property by Lucasfilm. Keep this in mind when considering ordering this online from any store purportedly carrying this merchandise.<font size="2" face="arial">Sorry, that's a load of....
I'm not interested in a Jorg Sacul figure, but unless LFL decide to do the decent thing and organise a Celebration for those of us outside America, I don't give a damn if they consider it stolen merchandise or not.</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">Well said Commander Antilles images/icons/smile.gif

The top brass keep on forgetting that they used the U.K. for filming a lot of the Star Wars saga.

Say no more...

mgibson72
05-09-2002, 04:16 PM
Hey Jeremy:
The rule wasn't "two per purchase"...it was "two per PERSON". Obviously THAT went out the viewscreen...
MG

05-10-2002, 03:10 PM
Does anyone know the name of the company that was selling these figures (the one pictured in the link above). I see some items in the background that Im interested in. I tried the link on their banner (artoonews.com) and it doesnt work.

Chris