PDA

View Full Version : I am sure they meant well, but I am not going back

05-06-2002, 08:47 AM
OK, ok, ok.....I went on Saturday with 5 other friends. Saw some cool things like all the people dressed up and some really great costumes at that. Had fun peering a lil at Billy Dee from the corner of the isle. Had fun seeing Star Wars in Pop Culture. The upcoming toys, the upcoming video games.

But, I have to say, it was for the most part frustrating. I have not seen those many people in an enclosed space before. Not even for sporting events.

The standard line was about 1 1/2 hours. per meeting.

I was there only one day. Got there before 8 am and by 12:30 pm the only thing I had accomplished was get into the event and get the 2 exclusive figures. Now, I don't mind waiting, but that was a bit much. As noted several times, we had to ask for what lines were what. They had a Jedi Jr. exhibit that went right in front of the escalator, so when it was one, everyone stopped. It jammed everyone on the escalators and on the first floor.

Paid $14.00 for 4 Cokes. Took 30 minutes in line to get them.

Was going to buy some figures, but was completely turned off on principal when I saw a $100.00 price tag on Bespin Duel Luke and $165 on a Skiff with the box beat to a pulp.

Some other guy was buying Jorg Sacul figures for $20.00 and selling them for $40.00.

You couldn't get near many of the booths.

Many people used baby strollers as weapons.

All that said I was, only allotting one day for the event, able to see 4 things.

It was interesting, but without a whole lot better planning, I will not be back. I certainly would have been mad had I travelled far for the event.

Just my opinion, but I think, it needs to be more organized and the rooms where the events are need to be much bigger.

Wizard World was much better, I think.

Sorry guys, thumbs down. We had more fun watching ESB when we got home and drinking frozen margaritas for Cinco.

05-07-2002, 09:41 PM
I couldn't agree with you more!!!!! You summed up my CII experience quite well.

05-08-2002, 10:41 AM
Thanks, it was just how I felt coming from away from something that I expected to be crowded, but more, shall we say, fluid in planning.

I guess I am not a die-hard fan. Unlike Mouse, I could not fathom waiting 7 hours in a line for Carrie Fishers autograph. I don't think there is anyone in entertainment I personally would do that for.

The funny thing is, is that I bet most of us would have had a great time if we just met and talked Star Wars. Sounds like most people made their own fun, inspite of the lack of organization.