PDA

View Full Version : Organizer should be fisted

05-06-2002, 03:01 AM
Hi all, I just wanted to state that whoever was in charge of the Sacul figures at C2 is a complete moron and
should be fisted. My understanding was that there were 26,000 figures made, and somewhere around
12,000 tickets for the entire show. Also I was under the impression that there were only 2 per individual.
So that makes about 24,000 people at the convention and 26,000 figures. Clearly enough for every one! I
tried both days and I couldn't come up with the one that I wanted for my collection and one to trade to
ANOTHER FAN for other Star Wars items. Come to find out that a bunch of dealer/scalper degenerates
kept going back in line and buying and buying. I drove out to Indianapolis from about an hour south of
Buffalo (for all those who are not up on there geography it is a 9 hr drive). My group was at the convention
early Sat and Sun and we got none. A group of 10 people got none. What I want to know is who else out
there hopes that these dealer/scalper degenerate scum and who should have been in charge of this
issue should go up in a fiery car accident along with all there scalped figures. Oh by the way it is 3:00 AM I
just got in the house just to make sure that my anger with these people truly ruining it for the REAL FANS
is fresh and meaningful.

So To all the REAL STAR WARS FANS who didn't get a chance to get a figure I share your pain.
To all of you greedy F-N-C's who made it impossable for the true fans at the Celebration ----> A BIG
MIDDLE FINGER and a LARGE HARDY FIST

The best thing would be for the figure to be released into the fan club so the prices drop on these vultures

FortySix
05-06-2002, 03:27 AM
this thread has to have the best topic sentence i've ever read. i had to laugh. what exactly do you mean by fisted? if i think what i think you mean maybe i shouldn't ask. images/icons/tongue.gif

sorry about the c2, i have to put this topic back on track.

05-06-2002, 04:02 AM
i was going to try and trade for jorg sacul. doesnt look like i will get a chance now. images/icons/frown.gif images/icons/mad.gif

images/icons/smile.gif

bibfortuna
05-06-2002, 09:29 AM
Darth Carmine - I believe the info you got about the number of attendees was wrong. WOTC supposedly expected about 25K people for the weekend. They got that many on Friday alone. There were supposedly about 60K people over the course of the entire weekend.

But I do agree the organization and distribution of the exclusive figure was poor. People were purchasing some in the store, then walking to the back of the individual table lines, and going again, without exiting that room and standing in the whole LINE again.

If they had limited it to 2 figs per person per day (instead of per purchase) more people would have gotten the figures.

Rob

05-06-2002, 11:18 AM
Hello Carmine !!! Didn't take you long, did it ?

I was part of Carmine's group, and let me tell you, it was a total screw job....I had to listen to a dealer ***** that they weren't given first dibs like they had been promised, and he had to buy them from people. He was currently buying them for $20...and he'd bought 20 from one person !!!! That makes sense that they weren't actually leaving the store, just running to the back of the line....Well, 2 members of our group did come up with Saculs, but we paid a combined $100 for the 2, from some loser trying to get dealers to buy them...they wouldn't because they had already purchased over 70 of them...that's a direct quote....I totally hate these people...and I agree with my buddy Carmine that everyone of those scalper scum, along with the moron who made the decision to set up the whole event so haphazardly should get the big fist !!!

05-06-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by bespin escape:
this thread has to have the best topic sentence i've ever read. i had to laugh. what exactly do you mean by fisted? if i think what i think you mean maybe i shouldn't ask. images/icons/tongue.gif <font size="2" face="arial">You ever see Chevy Chase in Fletch? Remember the scene where he's in the doctor's office and the famous line, "Ahh, you using the whole fist, Doc?"

captmiloman
05-06-2002, 11:15 PM
Probably a good thing I wasn't able to go. I still wouldn't mind getting a figure or two.

Henrik_Berndt
05-07-2002, 12:47 AM
I stood in line 15 minutes on friday only to see them sold out. Saturday I came back, stood in line for only 5 minutes and got my two figures, no problem!
Henrik

05-07-2002, 12:52 AM
Those of you who GOT figures... don't post and act like it was all easy and well organized. That's easy to say when you got yours! Thousands of collectors didn't get one, let alone 2 or 4. So while you may have been lucky enough to get em, you were just that.. LUCKY.

mrgonk
05-07-2002, 01:40 AM
yup, after a mere 8 hours I felt like getting "Kit Fisto" on someone's *** !

Jeremy
05-07-2002, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Darth Carmine:
Hi all, I just wanted to state that whoever was in charge of the Sacul figures at C2 is a complete moron and should be fisted. My understanding was that there were 26,000 figures made, and somewhere around 12,000 tickets for the entire show. Also I was under the impression that there were only 2 per individual.<font size="2" face="arial">That's a pretty harsh judgement - by the sound of it your only complaint was about not getting a figure. How could this have totally overshadowed the biggest Star Wars fan event ever? Plus the organisers are pretty cool people - don't comdemn them.

The total number of visitors to the event was nearer 70,000 and the figures were "two per purchase" so that people could take them home for friends who couldn't make it. Of course people are going to take advantage of this, but then that's the way of the world. It is unfortunate, but if the fanclub didn't allow two per purchase then there'd be thousands of non-attending fans who wouldn't have them now due to the generosity of their friends.

Jeremy

Darth_Bryan
05-07-2002, 04:17 PM
There were 12000 in line just to get in from the fanclub line. Maybe a stretch but where did you get those numbers. I bought 2 figures for 2 friends and are selling them at cost should I be fisted. I got there early on Friday just for them.

[ 05-07-2002, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: BryanC ]

Mr_Stimp
05-09-2002, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by Megadarth:
Those of you who GOT figures... don't post and act like it was all easy and well organized. That's easy to say when you got yours! Thousands of collectors didn't get one, let alone 2 or 4. So while you may have been lucky enough to get em, you were just that.. LUCKY.<font size="2" face="arial">I wasn't lucky, I just planed ahead. On friday the cash only line wasn't long. In fact the most I had in front of me was two. The people who had the problem getting figures where the ones who only went after the figures on saturday and sunday. And since there was about 50,000 people there on saturday its obivious why there were a short supply of figures.

FYI
On Friday the figures didn't sell out untill 2:30.

JoshEEE
05-10-2002, 04:39 PM
I don't think the people that got the figures were lucky. We were the ones who got in line for the store FIRST, rather than getting in line for something else.

However....if there weren't so many Fuc*$&$^rs in the line buying them by the dozen to turn around and sell them on Ebay, I bet the line would have been a lot smoother.

Wizards....are you reading this?? NEXT time, you get in line, you buy your figures, and your badge gets a HOLE punched into it!!! That way, NO one gets more than their two. If there are extras on the last day, allow people back in, they stand in line...they get a SECOND hole punched. Etc.

Do it RIGHT.

05-13-2002, 12:01 AM
The organizers were pretty cool???? What a bunch of crapola!!! They couldnt organize jack! Forget the fisting....put them in the middle of the city square and flog them! Dont dog the dude out who is pissed about not getting the C2 Fig...he has a right to be mad..I got my figs and I still thought the event sucked majorly.....and if I had the chance I'd beat my money back out of the idiots the run the show. images/icons/mad.gif images/icons/mad.gif images/icons/mad.gif images/icons/mad.gif

Ed3
05-13-2002, 06:12 PM
There were 70000 people and just 26000 figures. What amazingly wonderful system do you have to ensure that everybody gets as many as they want or need given these facts? Heck, at 2 per person only 13000 people could go home happy, right?

I was at a Texas Rangers baseball game on Friday where there were almost 42000 people. They had an exclusive Alex "A-Rod" Rodriguez bobble head doll for the first 25000 people. 17000 people came to the game and got nothing but an exciting Rangers win. There was no talk of "fisting" the staff and management of the Rangers.

Life is about choices. If you wanted to meet Carrie Fisher, you could choose to use a day at C2 doing that. If you wanted a Jorg Sacul figure, you could choose to get in the store line and you'd miss Carrie that day. If you wanted to go to all 12 simultaneous planels each hour then you were just going to be out of luck. Make choices and live with the outcome, good or bad, but recognize them as your choices.

Bounty_Hunter_XP
06-06-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Jeremy:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Darth Carmine:
Hi all, I just wanted to state that whoever was in charge of the Sacul figures at C2 is a complete moron and should be fisted. My understanding was that there were 26,000 figures made, and somewhere around 12,000 tickets for the entire show. Also I was under the impression that there were only 2 per individual.<font size="2" face="arial">That's a pretty harsh judgement - by the sound of it your only complaint was about not getting a figure. How could this have totally overshadowed the biggest Star Wars fan event ever? Plus the organisers are pretty cool people - don't comdemn them.

The total number of visitors to the event was nearer 70,000 and the figures were "two per purchase" so that people could take them home for friends who couldn't make it. Of course people are going to take advantage of this, but then that's the way of the world. It is unfortunate, but if the fanclub didn't allow two per purchase then there'd be thousands of non-attending fans who wouldn't have them now due to the generosity of their friends.

Jeremy</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">???

Am I supposed to feel better that some duff sitting at home got a convention exclusive when I spent $30 on a ticket, $80 on a room, $50 in gas, and drove 6 hours each way to stand in line for NOTHING? images/icons/mad.gif

The POINT to a convention exclusive is to entice people to ATTEND. You don't attend, you don't get the exclusive. Simple.

If the Con had used a system that guaranteed ONE per person, then I wouldn't be the least bit upset that I wasn't lucky enough to get one.

And this guarantee is possible to an extent. They could limit exclusives to ONE per ID BADGE by "punching" the badge at checkout. (Perhaps a person could swap ID badges, but at least the person yielding their chance would pass on the exclusive voluntarily.)

06-07-2002, 08:35 AM
excellent call...I guess, reading some of the posts around here lately, is that the only people who don't have a right to complain about this are the regular collectors/fans who attended the Celebration and didn't get a Sacul (at least for retail prices) images/icons/mad.gif

Ed3
06-07-2002, 10:07 AM
I agree with the badge punching idea--it would be a simple and fair way of determining whether or not you had bought your figures. However, every person who made getting the figures a priority got one on Friday or Saturday as they didn't sell out those allotments until early afternoon. If you wanted a figure, you stood in line. If the figure was an afterthought and you waited until the end of the day when the line was gone, you missed out on the figure but you got to spend an hour or more doing stuff at the Celebration that people in line did not. You determined what you were going to do at the Celebration and if you didn't get to do everything then welcome to the club.

Everybody at Celebration paid to get in, paid for meals, paid for hotel rooms, and so on. Nobody got to do/see/buy everything. At least there is a way to get Sacul figures after the fact. Anybody who can help me see "Star Wars in 30 Minutes" at this late date, please let me know.

Bounty_Hunter_XP
06-07-2002, 06:00 PM
Getting in line for the figure was the FIRST thing I did when I got there Saturday.

And was sent away empty-handed.

But you MISS THE POINT.

Had the Con people organized this SENSIBLY, then TWICE as many people would have gotten figures.

Or at least EVERYBODY would have had the same chance, whether they got in line when the doors opened or not.

[ 06-07-2002, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: fumetti ]

06-08-2002, 02:03 AM
I was at CII and had an excellent time. I thought it was run quite well.
The only problem I could see is that they should have utilized more of the Convention Center to spread things out and this would have eased some of the confusion.

But I think you are missing the point

If you wanted a jorg figure you should have planned to get there a little earlier than noon to get a good spot in line, or stand outside the stores exit doors and buy one for $20.

I also think its very noble of you to be worried about everyone having an equal chance to get a figure.
But didnt you also post that you wanted CIII held in Columbus or Cincinati because its closer to you. (interesting)

I dont mind traveling several hundred extra miles as long as its alittle more convient for you.

I am also amazed that people are still whinning
about Celebration II and what they didnt get or didnt get to see, or the dealers "scalpers" GET OVER IT and move on because nobody really cares, if they did there would be a ton of post from FELLOW TRUE COLLECTORS offering there extra Jorg Sacul figures for $10.

(TIP) Sell all your Star Wars stuff and start collecting salt & pepper shakers. You will be much happier.

Jason_Coulston
06-08-2002, 02:10 AM
Hey, I have a question for everybody. Why do you want that piece of crap figure?

Ook
06-08-2002, 09:30 AM
Somebody call for a fisting...?

[ 06-08-2002, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: vadersfist ]

Bounty_Hunter_XP
06-10-2002, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by General Urko:
I was at CII and had an excellent time. I thought it was run quite well.
The only problem I could see is that they should have utilized more of the Convention Center to spread things out and this would have eased some of the confusion.

But I think you are missing the point

If you wanted a jorg figure you should have planned to get there a little earlier than noon to get a good spot in line, or stand outside the stores exit doors and buy one for $20.

I also think its very noble of you to be worried about everyone having an equal chance to get a figure.
But didnt you also post that you wanted CIII held in Columbus or Cincinati because its closer to you. (interesting)

I dont mind traveling several hundred extra miles as long as its alittle more convient for you.

I am also amazed that people are still whinning
about Celebration II and what they didnt get or didnt get to see, or the dealers "scalpers" GET OVER IT and move on because nobody really cares, if they did there would be a ton of post from FELLOW TRUE COLLECTORS offering there extra Jorg Sacul figures for $10.

(TIP) Sell all your Star Wars stuff and start collecting salt & pepper shakers. You will be much happier.<font size="2" face="arial">It's particularly ODD that the ONLY defense for what happened regarding the Jorg debacle is that people SHOULDN'T have waited in line to get one!

That's particularly laughable and saddening. I'm not in this for evil profiteering, I'm in it for fun. I stood in line and didn't get one. That's MY loss. But finding out WHY the line didn't last any longer, well that 's EVERYBODY'S loss. And that's the ONLY point worth discussing IMO.

(And suggesting having the Con in Cincy or Columbus was clearly tongue-in-cheek. Indy's not that far from either place.)

[ 06-10-2002, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: fumetti ]