PDA

View Full Version : Woulda, shoulda, coulda......

BigDumbWookiee
05-05-2002, 04:53 PM
I realize that this ultimately no longer matters, but Im curious about something:
The line to the 25th Anniversary Concert, once the door opened, emptied into the Sagamore ballroom in about 15-20 minutes, and rather well (other than the "mob rule" incident), and probably due to the fact that they used multiple doors, divided by colors. My question is this, why in the heck did they try to cram every fanclub member through 1 door and one entrance, each day when the doors opened? I just dont understand why they couldnt have had multiple doors, leading to multiple entryways, it would have filtered the line much more quickly. That was the only problem I had with CII, not long lines, just poorly organized, supervised and routed lines. Well, that and the skyway fiasco. If you stayed in the Hyatt, and came over Saturday morning, you know what Im talking about!

Adam

musasa
05-05-2002, 05:06 PM
Skyway fiasco? I had breakfast at the Hyatt Sat AM, walked right over the skywalk and into C2. Worked for me. images/icons/smile.gif

BigDumbWookiee
05-05-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by musasa:
Skyway fiasco? I had breakfast at the Hyatt Sat AM, walked right over the skywalk and into C2. Worked for me. images/icons/smile.gif <font size="2" face="arial">Really, what time? About 9:00 am on Saturday morning, I was in a crowd on the verge of storming the doors to the convention center, ready to kill anyone in their path. Well, they were really pi$$ed anyway.........

05-06-2002, 05:29 PM
I was in that same crowd on the Skyway!! I got in line right around 8:50, coming from breakfast at the Hyatt, and that was certainly an example of poor planning and crowd control on the event planners part...

BigDumbWookiee
05-06-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Chris K:
I was in that same crowd on the Skyway!! I got in line right around 8:50, coming from breakfast at the Hyatt, and that was certainly an example of poor planning and crowd control on the event planners part...<font size="2" face="arial">Yeah, absolutely. Since you showed up at 8:50, you may not have had the pleasure of seeing the entire show, but I was up front at the door, got their before everyone else, and it got pretty colorful.... Were you there when a Wizards guy actually came to the door and told us 9:00? Thats what ticked us all off, they waited another 15 minutes to "get the official word". What more word did we need? If it would have went 15 more minutes, I think everyone would have declared mob rule and bum rushed the door.....

Darth_Kenobi
05-08-2002, 07:53 PM
Was that the group of people behind the gated door. If it was I felt sorry for you guys while I went past the gate. I know alot of the opening times were off. They said 9 and open the Fan member door at 9:20 or so.

BigDumbWookiee
05-08-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Darth Kenobi:
Was that the group of people behind the gated door. If it was I felt sorry for you guys while I went past the gate. I know alot of the opening times were off. They said 9 and open the Fan member door at 9:20 or so.<font size="2" face="arial">May have been the same door. I was right at the front of the pack, and saw some people walking around, and I think thats part of what set off the crowd; everyone saw people coming in, and it was just ticking everyone off to have to watch them and not go in. Oh well though, we got in, and laughed at it after words! Really, thats my only complaint about the whole CII experience.

mgibson72
05-09-2002, 03:39 PM
Not only one door/one entrance to get into the convention center! They then checked passes INSIDE the building to cause one of the largest screw-ups imaginable. Why wasn't this done outside when people were coming in?!? Gak. The mind reels...