PDA

View Full Version : You as a toy (or, Duel of the Moderators!)

musasa
05-05-2002, 04:35 PM
A planned but never released 2 pack by Hasbro was this gem of a set, featuring beleaguered Rebelscum staffer musasa set upon by Matt Carroll.

http://musasa.homestead.com/files/pic4.jpg

Let's see your pics!

[ 05-06-2002, 01:17 AM: Message edited by: musasa ]

Ty
05-05-2002, 10:53 PM
Oh.. I'd totally buy that images/icons/grin.gif

Rogue9Horn
05-05-2002, 11:14 PM
It would appear that Musasa is being overpowered, but remember.... "size matters not" as will soon be revealed in a few days. images/icons/wink.gif

DSJ_
05-05-2002, 11:26 PM
Hey, how come your saber is bigger than mine? Genetics! images/icons/grin.gif
LOL guy's. That's great. A one to one scale action figure.

musasa
05-05-2002, 11:39 PM
D'oh! Think of it in terms of a WWF match. This is a shot of the opening salvo, before I freak out, find me a pasta strainer and fruit parer, and unleash musasamania! images/icons/wink.gif

05-05-2002, 11:53 PM
Stay tuned for the soon to be released last action figure of the C2 series- purple4lee. Yep, you read it right. I was the last person in line on the last day of C2 to have my pic taken in the Hasbro bubble. The next to last pic taken was of the soon to be famous Jedi duel between Rogue9Horn and purple4lee. Of course you know who won- as Mace said in his cameo C2 screen appearance, "I am the only one in the universe to have the purple blade. It's meaning and significance is special and no one knows (not even George), the significance of the purple blade."

At about 2:45 on the last day of C2, Rogue9 and I decided to have our pic taken in the Hasbro bubble. We stopped by the "fresher" images/icons/wink.gif , and I beat him out so I went ahead and got in line. About 45 seconds or so after I had gotten in line, the rep from Hasbro came up to me and told me that I was the last person in line. I thought (but didn't say), "yes, I seem to notice that since there isn't anyone behind me that indeed, I am the last person in line." He held up a sign that said I am the last person in line. Thanks and asked me if I would wear it. It dawned on me that I was literally the last person in line. He went on to talk to me for a few minutes (in the meantime John had walked up and broke in front of me in line images/icons/grin.gif ). He told me that they had to cut off the line so that everyone that was in line would be assured of getting their photo taken. He also said that I would be properly rewarded. I put the sign around my neck and hung it so that it was on my back. I got the fun job of telling people that came up behind me that I was the last person in line and that they weren't letting anyone else have their photo taken. I had many people that weren't very happy. I had a few people that came up and thought that it was funny and wanted to take my pic with the sign. We finally made it to the end and had our pic taken. They had me hold up the sign and as I was smiling for the camera, dozens of flashes were going off. I started to offer to do autographs. images/icons/grin.gif

As I was leaving, the Hasbro guy stopped me and thanked me and presented me with a bag of Hasbro "goodies". In it was the AOTC Jedi Knight Action Set, Stratego (The Galactic Battlefield Strategy Game), Jedi Unleased Game, the mini Jango Fett and Zam Wesell sound and light blasters. I was thrilled that we actually got to have our pics made and weren't one of the ones who got turned away, but when he presented me with my bag of goodies, it wound up our third day of C2 on an excellent note! images/icons/smile.gif

GNT
05-06-2002, 01:25 AM
Cool,but I wonder how long they'll last when theres no air images/icons/wink.gif

So where do you enter the bubble?

musasa
05-06-2002, 09:05 AM
The left hand side of the bubble is open to walk in, though you can't tell from pics taken straight on.

Great story, Lee! Make sure to upload pics of yourself with the sign and in the bubble!

Matt_Carroll
05-06-2002, 05:05 PM
That setup was one of the coolest things at the convention, hands down! images/icons/smile.gif

05-06-2002, 07:13 PM
Damn it! More pre-posed figures! images/icons/mad.gif So, will we be getting the other Mods in 2 packs as well? images/icons/tongue.gif

Findswoman
05-06-2002, 07:22 PM
Tee hee! Wonderful picture, guys! images/icons/smile.gif

That figure box picture thing was such a great idea and was something my husband & I unfortunately forgot to do, but I guess we got a bit tired of long lines after a while. images/icons/tongue.gif

Hey, no one has yet taken Musasa up on his "let's see your pics," so I think I shall...

Here I am with a high school crush:

http://homepage.mac.com/delaix/.Pictures/Fett.jpg

and with Garrick "Biggs Darklighter" Hagon...

http://homepage.mac.com/delaix/.Pictures/Garrick.jpg

Another on the way, one that you fanboys will certainly appreciate... images/icons/grin.gif

... the Findswoman

[ 05-06-2002, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: Findswoman ]

Darth_Kenobi
05-08-2002, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Musasa:
Let's see your pics! [/QB}<font size="2" face="arial">
Originally posted by Findswoman:
[QB]

http://homepage.mac.com/delaix/.Pictures/Fett.jpg

<font size="2" face="arial">Since I don't have any picture of me at the convention since I went by myself I will use Findswoman picture of here with Boba since you can kind of make me out in the background in the line by the doors. I'm the third person from the person in the picture just behind the guy with his hand in his pocket waiting to pick up my Carrier Fisher's auto's.

Findswoman
05-08-2002, 09:07 PM
Bump!

More pictures, anyone? I know y'all have them! Feel free to share! images/icons/grin.gif

... the Findswoman

05-09-2002, 07:56 AM
(Hey Andrew,
We got the pic of John in the bubble developed, (I still have a few pics to take before my roll is used up) but I don't have a way to upload them. What was the website that you mentioned the other morning at breakfast that we could use to host them?
Thanks!
images/icons/smile.gif Lee)

mousedroid
05-09-2002, 07:59 AM
Hi Lee, the website Andrew told me about was www.homestead.com. (http://www.homestead.com.) I should be getting my pics back tomorrow at lunch, so I'll post some then, although I didn't get in the bubble (which I'm disappointed about in retrospect).

musasa
05-11-2002, 02:05 AM
Looking forward to seeing your pics. images/icons/smile.gif

Mr_Stimp
05-11-2002, 03:10 AM
Well here I am with two famous celebrities

Click here (http://lordstimpy.com/tonypic.htm)

[ 05-11-2002, 03:10 AM: Message edited by: Lord Stimpy - Toy Hunter ]

Findswoman
05-11-2002, 08:02 AM
'Fraid it's not showing up, Lord S... images/icons/frown.gif

... the Findswoman

musasa
05-11-2002, 10:31 AM
Works for me. Cool pics. images/icons/smile.gif

05-20-2002, 09:23 PM
A hot Star Wars Babe and...Aurra Sing!

http://homepage.mac.com/delaix/.Pictures/Michonne.jpg

As you may have guessed from my moniker I am the evil sith lord who Findswoman is married to. I guess I represent the Dark Side of the trading force, since I'm the one who's always saying, "You spent how much?! For what?!" images/icons/tongue.gif . Well, Findswoman is definitely a hottie in my book, so I guess I won't complain. images/icons/cool.gif

musasa
05-21-2002, 01:30 AM
Great pic! Welcome to the boards. images/icons/smile.gif