PDA

View Full Version : CII Autograph Ultimate Set

BigDumbWookiee
05-05-2002, 04:32 PM
Did any of you order the "Ultimate" autograph set from the C2 Ventures area? If so, did you get it yet? I ordered mine Friday, and never got it, had to check out early today. I was told it would be shipped to me via priority mail. Im just curious if anyone actually got theirs while they were there?

Vadervictor
05-06-2002, 09:24 PM
i didn't order the ultimate set but I did rush over early Friday morning and order twenty signatures. Since Carrie Fischer didn't arrive til that evening they told me that my autographs would be ready the next morning. By Saturday at 5PM I was still waiting and had to go home to Chicago empty handed.
That "convenient" pull-service ended up being a nightmare that made standing in line all day for autographs look good. I was especially irked because
while they obviously couldn't get them ready on time, they seemed to have no problem taking additional pull-service orders. If you can't keep up, than stop taking orders until you are!

05-06-2002, 09:43 PM
I totally hear you on that....I had to go home for Chicago empty-handed as well...They said they will ship them this Thursday, so we'll see, but it was still a dissapointment....They certainly didnt stop taking orders, that slogan at the top of the order sheets that said, "Don't want to wait in long lines?" needed to be changed.....

royalguard96
05-06-2002, 10:18 PM
C2 ventures should be banned from ever doing anything regarding a Star Wars event ever again. Not just that the pull service was shaky at best, but their customer service was just awful. I'm shocked more people aren't talking about this.

I placed my order Friday morning, but they didn't have my packet until Saturday late afternoon (so much for picking it up in a "couple hours"). When I looked thru my pics, one was missing. The one with Billy Dee Williams, Jeremy Bulloch and David Prowse together. I took my incomplete packet with me, not trusting them to take it back and include the one missing photo with 3 sigs. By 3:45 Sunday, they still didn't have my photo, even though others did have this included with their packet.

Not to sound selfish, but I feel worse for those who ordered the $795 packet and walked away empty-handed. There was NO excuse for this, period. I am gonna pester seetwo.com with emails until I get my missing photo, and the rest of you should as well.

The worst was this one worker in the booth. He had blonde hair and a moustache. He acted like all the customers were just there to bother him, and he was blowing everyone off, especially on Sunday. Look buddy, helping us out is part of your job. We paid very good money for this service, and we demand respect, if not our orders filled. When I returned for a third time to ask about my photo, he brushed me off to put his feet up and eat a sandwich. What a total disgrace.

Don't get me wrong, I had a great time at CII with most of the events. But C2 ventures really screwed up big time and they need to be called out on it.

Did anyone else have a similar experience with them? Feel free to share your opinions.

BigDumbWookiee
05-06-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by royalguard96:
C2 ventures should be banned from ever doing anything regarding a Star Wars event ever again. Not just that the pull service was shaky at best, but their customer service was just awful. I'm shocked more people aren't talking about this.

I placed my order Friday morning, but they didn't have my packet until Saturday late afternoon (so much for picking it up in a "couple hours"). When I looked thru my pics, one was missing. The one with Billy Dee Williams, Jeremy Bulloch and David Prowse together. I took my incomplete packet with me, not trusting them to take it back and include the one missing photo with 3 sigs. By 3:45 Sunday, they still didn't have my photo, even though others did have this included with their packet.

Not to sound selfish, but I feel worse for those who ordered the $795 packet and walked away empty-handed. There was NO excuse for this, period. I am gonna pester seetwo.com with emails until I get my missing photo, and the rest of you should as well.

The worst was this one worker in the booth. He had blonde hair and a moustache. He acted like all the customers were just there to bother him, and he was blowing everyone off, especially on Sunday. Look buddy, helping us out is part of your job. We paid very good money for this service, and we demand respect, if not our orders filled. When I returned for a third time to ask about my photo, he brushed me off to put his feet up and eat a sandwich. What a total disgrace.

Don't get me wrong, I had a great time at CII with most of the events. But C2 ventures really screwed up big time and they need to be called out on it.

Did anyone else have a similar experience with them? Feel free to share your opinions.<font size="2" face="arial">I pretty much had the same experience, but unfortunately I still dont have my product! I got the "ultimate" set, the 795 dollar one, and so help me god, when they mail this, if it is damaged, missing photos or otherwise not meeting what I paid for, they wont hear the end of this. I never got a straight answer from the buffoons working there, except when I finally talked to Philip Wise's wife, who knew what was going on. She even gave me her cell phone number to call her to check on it. We placed our order first thing Friday and never got it. Its absolute bull! I totally agree with your opinion about C2 Ventures. And I also agree about the blond bozo you talked about! That guy was an absolute ***** to say the very least, and an idiot too!

Jeremy
05-07-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by BigDumbWookie:
Did any of you order the "Ultimate" autograph set from the C2 Ventures area?<font size="2" face="arial">I was at the Pre-pulls autograph pick-up point when one of the Ultimate sets were handed out. The gentleman was not happy with the case so he asked for another one, and got it.

The next guy in line was happy to take the first box and when he opened it he found one of the eleven George Lucas autographed pictures.

How's that for luck?

Jeremy

Ed3
05-08-2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by BigDumbWookie:
I pretty much had the same experience, but unfortunately I still dont have my product! I got the "ultimate" set, the 795 dollar one, and so help me god, when they mail this, if it is damaged, missing photos or otherwise not meeting what I paid for, they wont hear the end of this. I never got a straight answer from the buffoons working there, except when I finally talked to Philip Wise's wife, who knew what was going on. She even gave me her cell phone number to call her to check on it. We placed our order first thing Friday and never got it. Its absolute bull! I totally agree with your opinion about C2 Ventures. And I also agree about the blond bozo you talked about! That guy was an absolute ***** to say the very least, and an idiot too!<font size="2" face="arial">As one of the buffoons working in the booth all weekend (I was the big guy with the beard) I can only tell you that we gave out the information that we had been told to give out. If you asked me when your packet would be ready and I told you the wrong time it's because that's the time I was told, not that I didn't care or was trying to mislead you in some way.

Dan, the blond bozo you refer to, was also just trying his best to get everybody's questions asnwered and all of the orders taken as quickly as possible. If we couldn't stop to chat with folks it's because we were trying to work through the line and help as many people as we could.

I'd like to thank the many people who had a kind word for our services during the show and I'd like to congratulate the dozens of people who picked up their Ultimate set on Sunday. Seeing that first Lucas photo come out was a thrill, let me tell you. Seeing the second one was a hoot. It was for moments like that one that the four days of work were all made worthwhile.

BigDumbWookiee
05-08-2002, 08:34 PM
Ok, after cooling off some (within reason, I had the right to be ticked off, since I paid a heck of a lot of cash under the understanding that I would get the set in a few hours), I can see both sides of the story. I apologize for hurling insults, but I was pretty angry for what went on. After talking to people working there, and seeing the extra effort being taken to compensate for late sets, Im more anxious to get my set than I am mad or angered. But, in defense of everyone still ticked off, I can also see their side of the story. Having to go home empty handed can be pretty upsetting, especially if you were really hoping to get, and were excited about, the autographs. Hopefully within the next weeks everyone will get their sets and in good shape, and hopefull everyone will be happy, or at least no longer filled with murderous rage (like I was for about a day after C2).

Adam