PDA

View Full Version : The "I need a Jorg Sacul" List

05-04-2002, 08:25 PM
Just in case any of our forummites got some extras, please think of us before putting them up on ebay... Please.

I need one; MOC, Trashed card, loose, I donīt care about the condition, though MOMC would be better, but as long as I get one. So, who else needs one?

Jango_Fettish
05-04-2002, 08:52 PM
Forummites? Don't wish to be related to SSG in any way, shape or form, thank you.

I do have the following to trade for a Jorge Sacul

1 Mace Windu Red Star Pic
6 "Coming April 23rd" SW Saga Figure Promo Buttons
1 Extra Preview Jango Fett
1 Scholastic Boba/Jango + Anakin 2 Sided Promo Poster
1 Obi Wan Movie Cash Certificate
1 Amidala Movie Cash Certificate
1 Padme/Dooku Chex Creal Tattoo sheet

I'll trade it all, and $5 cash..

05-04-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Darth Hybrid:
Forummites? Don't wish to be related to SSG in any way, shape or form, thank you.

<font size="2" face="arial">What do you mean? Did I use the wrong word? English is not my primary language, so I thought this would be the correct word. Sorry.

Jango_Fettish
05-04-2002, 09:39 PM
Oh, your English is fine. Just that SSG members are referred to as "forummites", or something to that effect.

Jango
05-05-2002, 04:06 AM
Add me to the list. I have a Geonosian Rescue Mace Windu for trade.

Harves
05-05-2002, 08:58 AM
I still don't see Jorg Sacul or Toyunfair Vader for trade anywhere unless you're prepared to fork out +$100 for them. Of the 10000 Sacul figures supposedly released per day at C2 recently, I haven't seen too many (read any) posted for cost + shipping but plenty of people have bragged about how they've bought more than 2 of the figures.
I'm prepared to send Yoda's and Dooku's to anyone who wants one (and pay airmail postage both ways) in a 1:1 trade for a Sacul or Toyfair Vader but I
haven't had any takers yet. Crikey, I'll trade 2 of these so-called "rare" figures for a Sacul or Toyfair Vader figure and I know what I'll get. Stuff-all. That's what I'll get!!! Christ, I bet I could offer 10 Dooku's or Yoda's and still get bugger-all response... Greedy b@$t@rd$!!!
Seems like the Dark Side of collecting rears it's ugly head. Real poor form folks. images/icons/mad.gif

05-05-2002, 09:50 AM
I feel for you all who weren't fortunate to get a Jorg figure, expecially those that were there, and couldn't because someone was buying more than their fair share. We all know it's an unfortunate reality that these people exist in the hobby, but we have to deal with it. It makes me unhappy, so I won't buy anything at scalper prices. Starve the beast and it'll disappear. The problem with this is that there is ALWAYS going to be someone who will pay for them, and thus there will always be scaplers images/icons/mad.gif .

I was in line first thing on Friday morning, and got my two (one MOC, one opener). I had some friends from another message board that were also looking for this figure, but after the hour and a half I spent in line for my two, I wasn't about to go back and wait in an even longer line, just for two more figures.

I guess I was fortunate to even get some according to the posts I read here. I really DO wish I had extras for others, but like I said, I really didn't go there just for the store (even though I was only there on Friday). I wanted to see some of the forums they had, and I'm very glad I did. I thought they were great (opening ceremonies in particular).

I really hope that this is the last figure distributed in such a horrific manner, but I can understand wanting to do something special for the people who trekked all the way to Indy for a 25th anniversary/AotC celebration. Let's hope that if they do this again they a) Order more...Lots more; b) make them available elsewhere (go ahead and change the packaging if necessary).

Good luck to those looking for the fig, I know someone that got one for $20 from a dealer there, and there are many on ePay right now; so the price should at least drop for the next week or tow when there are people looking to finance their trips images/icons/mad.gif .

Alex

Jango_Fettish
05-05-2002, 10:20 AM
This guy went as far in his auction to show us what a scalper looks like..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1728802385

05-05-2002, 10:35 AM
sad thing is, hes a collector too.hes got starwars stuff in the house.

i say send them to afganastan.

JediHunter
05-05-2002, 11:51 AM
Hey there people!

I know its a long shot, but I would love a Sacul figure. I will pay a premium, but not Ebay prices. I can trade but don't have much trade fodder. Let me know what you want and I will make a deal!

Thanks and MTFBWY!

David

wook22
05-05-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Harves:
I still don't see Jorg Sacul or Toyunfair Vader for trade anywhere unless you're prepared to fork out +$100 for them. Of the 10000 Sacul figures supposedly released per day at C2 recently, I haven't seen too many (read any) posted for cost + shipping but plenty of people have bragged about how they've bought more than 2 of the figures.
I'm prepared to send Yoda's and Dooku's to anyone who wants one (and pay airmail postage both ways) in a 1:1 trade for a Sacul or Toyfair Vader but I
haven't had any takers yet. Crikey, I'll trade 2 of these so-called "rare" figures for a Sacul or Toyfair Vader figure and I know what I'll get. Stuff-all. That's what I'll get!!! Christ, I bet I could offer 10 Dooku's or Yoda's and still get bugger-all response... Greedy b@$t@rd$!!!
Seems like the Dark Side of collecting rears it's ugly head. Real poor form folks. images/icons/mad.gif <font size="2" face="arial">I was there. I paid $75.00 for my three day pass, $100.00 for a hotel and waited in line for over 4 hours to get two of those figures. After that there was nothing else to do because the celebration sucked. So I went to a bar where I met a couple of guys from Detroit and spent another $100.00 getting wasted. I went back Saturday to get a couple more but they sold out by 1:00. Then I just left. I would say that if you spend $100.00 on a Jorg figure you saved yourself money, time, and a ton of aggravation.

[ 05-05-2002, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: wook22 ]

05-06-2002, 08:49 AM
I got an extra Jorg if anybody is interested....I would certainly be interested in trading it for the following.....Here is what I'm looking for

Count Dooku Dark Lord
any of the Saga figures that are numbered after 27 (Mace, Luke, Vader, Jango Final)
Toy Fair Vader
Leia with Speeder Bike
Scout Trooper with Speeder Bike
Any loose figures

Email me at skowalski.christopher@noctrl.edu and maybe we can set something up

05-06-2002, 10:57 AM
Well, I'll have to side with Wook22 on this. Lets do some math:
30.00 - One day pass
50.00 - gas
50.00 - cheap hotel
40.00 - food
10.00 - parking

subtotal - $180.00
price of figs - 20.00 (10.00 apiece)
TOTAL COST....$200.00

Now for time
14 hours in car (7 hours both ways)
1 to 1 1/2 hours in line (I was lucky here)

aprox. 16 hours spent

So if you break it down, I payed roughly $100.00 per figure. Of coures, I did other things there and I did have a pertty good time. But for people who did not spend the time, money and resources to get this figure (for whatever reason, thats fine...I understand people do have lives and work outside of Star Wars) they should not be shocked to being asked to spend $50.00 or more. I do think asking $100.00 is pushing it...but this is a gray area open to debate. If I were to sell my extra one...I would ask atleast $50.00 for it. Keep in mind what it took for me to get this fig, and $50.00 is not a bad deal after all. My 2 cents.

05-06-2002, 11:06 AM
keep me in mind anakin, ill pay 50.00 for your extra.

RUNE@marijuana.com

DarthWormie
05-06-2002, 11:28 AM
Hey Wook22,

Sorry to hear the convention blew. I figured after the debacle in Denver that the folks responsible for putting these things on would have gotten it right.

Best thing for them to due for Celebration III is to schedule about a half-dozen regional shows. Maybe NY/NJ, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, San Fran, and maybe KC or something. Either that or just limit the ammount of tix they sell to the thing.