PDA

View Full Version : Master Replicas selling at C2?

Jango
05-03-2002, 06:56 PM
Was Master Replicas selling the Luke Lightsaber and Han Blaster?

echo1441
05-04-2002, 12:32 AM
they were taking orders there yes. but they weren't handing out goods. they have to be shipped just like everybody else

technopimp
05-06-2002, 06:26 PM
Which was completely retarded. They have a chance to sell a lot of items and instead "take orders". How many rabid fans want to plop down $300 only to be told they'll get it in 3-4 weeks?

BigDumbWookiee
05-06-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by technopimp:
Which was completely retarded. They have a chance to sell a lot of items and instead "take orders". How many rabid fans want to plop down $300 only to be told they'll get it in 3-4 weeks?<font size="2" face="arial">Well the Han Solo blaster nearly sold out, they only had a couple left to take orders on. The reason they didnt offer them at C2 (I asked) was because the acrylic display cases were not yet finished, and that is also why everyone who preordered a month ago have not yet received them.

Also, since it looks like your kind of new here, many of the board members here prefer to stay as politically correct as possible, so if you wouldn't mind using some other words instead of "retarded" a lot of members here would probably appreciate it.

[ 05-06-2002, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: BigDumbWookie ]

Darth_Bryan
05-07-2002, 04:04 PM
F.Y.I for the Anakin F.X. sabers they sold over 400 the first day and God knows how many the entire weekend. They did give away 25 of those and one lucky girl got the Han blaster and Luke saber. You did get to actually see and hold the sabers unlike on the website. The would of needed a monster booth if they had merchandise there and they would of sold out in an hour of everything. That would of made people crazy knowing they could of been able to take them home instead of waiting. Besides what the point of preordering if they were going to have them available at C2. Plus, how many ordered that didn't go to C2.

05-07-2002, 04:12 PM
I purchased the FX saber while at C2. I don't mind the wait.

IMO I don't care for the Solo blaster. The frame of the gun looks to cheap from the casting off the original blaster. The handle, scope and muzzleflash are excellent it's just the frame looks bad.

M.R. made nice displays at the show and even let fans examin the blaster's and saber first hand.

They seem to really care about the fan and took very patient time in answering everyone's question.

TK_421
05-07-2002, 09:44 PM
One of the guys told me they are investigating doing Episode 4 sabers sometime next year, hopefully he knew what he was talking about. I've been looking forward to getting an Obi-Wan saber without paying eBay prices.

05-08-2002, 05:31 AM
It is Bullcrap that these new people are selling the same way as Icons did with Pre-orders! Especially after what Icons did to their customers! Why can't they make the merchandise and then sell it like every other company on the planet!

I don't like paying for things that aren't made yet. I do want a few of the sabers but I'll buy them when their avalible not take my money now and we should ship to you in a few months. That's bull crap!

Icons almost got me but I found out very quickly they were going under and got my money back! But many did not with nothing to do but eat a 3 to $400.00 loss!

Why is Lucasfilm keeps giving this licence out to people who can't afford to make the items ahead of time and sell them like any other product
Pre-Order NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Been their and done that! images/icons/mad.gif

technopimp
05-08-2002, 06:57 AM
Well, since this whole forum is filled with rants and complaints about C2 and everything involved with it, I don't see how complaining about a manufacturer is out of line. Obviously I'm not the only one who feels that way, and believe me, I could have been much less politically correct in expressing my feelings than calling it "retarded". If my post was offensive, what do you call all of the other ones on this board that are laced with profanity?

[ 05-08-2002, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: technopimp ]

Mirax_H
05-08-2002, 04:11 PM
Against my better judgement, I bought the FX Saber site unseen. I hope it is a cool as it looks.

BigDumbWookiee
05-08-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by technopimp:
Well, since this whole forum is filled with rants and complaints about C2 and everything involved with it, I don't see how complaining about a manufacturer is out of line. Obviously I'm not the only one who feels that way, and believe me, I could have been much less politically correct in expressing my feelings than calling it "retarded". If my post was offensive, what do you call all of the other ones on this board that are laced with profanity?<font size="2" face="arial">You are correct, and for that I apologize for singling you out and saying something. I am sorry, and it was not meant to make an example, or to pick a fight or start an argument.

I apologize,
Adam

05-08-2002, 04:19 PM
I noticed many people taking orders for merchandise to be shipped later.

Anyone think this was a slick way of lowering cost of the show.

They have to bring no merchandise with them.

Just displays....

No shipping, no warehousing, no worrying about shipping back, no breakage, shrinkage.

This is just a shrewd way of conducting business at the least cost to the vendors.

Rubies did not have one item for sale there that you could take with you....

They lost out, cuz I would have at least taken a Clone, Jango, and Plo Koon helmet/mask with me.

Darth_Bryan
05-08-2002, 06:11 PM
FYI about Master Replicas taking your money and then sending your stuff later. They don't bill your card until its shipped out. Now that may still be technically taking money before the merchandise but it's not like what the fanclub did with the Toyfare vaders. They took the money and a month later sent the figure.

I also would of bought something from Rubies if they had it available.

technopimp
05-09-2002, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by BigDumbWookie:
[QBYou are correct, and for that I apologize for singling you out and saying something. I am sorry, and it was not meant to make an example, or to pick a fight or start an argument.

I apologize,
Adam[/QB]<font size="2" face="arial">Thank you, I really appreciate that. Like I said, I wasn't trying to offend, (sorry if I did). I was just sharing my opinion. I'm really glad there are people on the board like you!

my_kind_of_scum
05-09-2002, 11:53 AM
That's one of the things I was upset about. I had e-mailed master replicas and they sent me a reply two days before the show started, saying that they would have product at the show, in hand, to be purchased. Not sure why they told me that...

Does anyone know why they made the fx anakin saber blade non-removeable? I assumed it would be more like the park sabers deal with the blade easily removed from the hilt.

Darth_Bryan
05-09-2002, 01:37 PM
I was told they would have stuff available too by email. I guess they figured out that would have to bring a lot and decided to save some money. I asked the MR rep why it wasn't detachable and he said it had to do with the electronic sounds and sensors when you move it. I don't know with the technology I wish they could of figured out a way to make it removeable.