PDA

View Full Version : Jorg Sacul - Did You get Him?

GNT
05-03-2002, 03:22 AM
Probably by the next time I'm online,Celebration 2 should be open and people should have gotten his figure by then.

So If you got him lets us know and what are your thoughts of him?

othertoe
05-03-2002, 04:34 AM
Hello,

Hi I wanted to know if someone Can pickup 2 badges to the show before they sell out I just found out that my brother and I can go but I won't get their till 8pm today and I don't won't to get their and not be able to go I'll need 2 badges for Saturday, and Sunday. If either of those days are soldout I'll take 2, 3 day badges.
If anyone can hlep Please email me at othertoe@hotmail.com as soon as you can. I'd hate to get their and not be able to get in. I'm comeing in from houston TX.

Your my only hope,
Valentin

05-03-2002, 07:24 PM
I got one!!

I'm so happy, although it took FOREVER to get through the line to the store.

Alex

05-03-2002, 07:27 PM
Yep -- I picked up four of him.

Not a bad figure, if I do say so myself.

The lines were HUGE -- I'm pretty sure they sold out FAST.

Jedieb
05-03-2002, 08:59 PM
I was told they sold out around 1:30. I picked mine up in the morning. Yes, the lines were ridiculous! Luckily, they've held plenty in reserve for Saturday and Sunday.

BryanSimmons
05-03-2002, 10:11 PM
Although not at C2, I was at C1. Sounds like the "same old same old." I laughed at those who thought they'd get to do everything at C2, kinda like walking around a mall. Won't be like that. Lines lines everywhere, I imagine. IMO, the Fan Club would be better off holding regional gatherings if they could pull it off. One gathering is too much critical mass.

GNT
05-03-2002, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Sarge506:
Yep -- I picked up four of him.<font size="2" face="arial">4 why do you need 4?

steve_howard
05-03-2002, 11:30 PM
Well, I went today and was quite pleased. I went knowing I was not going to get to do it all and I did not try. I stayed away from autographs all together. It took me a half hour just to get in but it was an enjoyable walk. I had a credit card and fifty in cash, I came home with 17 and nothing on my card and still smiling. I was tempted to buy a few items but did not. found an ep2 yoda. If I had found a sandcrawler I would have charged it. I didn't. But a good day anyway. images/icons/grin.gif

05-03-2002, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Bounty Hunter GNT:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Sarge506:
Yep -- I picked up four of him.<font size="2" face="arial">4 why do you need 4?</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">Well, if you wanna be technical, I don't need any figures. images/icons/wink.gif

But, it was two figures per person, so I bought two and made my dad buy two more.

However, I noticed several people buying figures, and then getting back into another line as if to buy more.

GNT
05-04-2002, 12:17 AM
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Bounty Hunter GNT:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Sarge506:
Yep -- I picked up four of him.<font size="2" face="arial">4 why do you need 4?</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">Well, if you wanna be technical, I don't need any figures. images/icons/wink.gif

But, it was two figures per person, so I bought two and made my dad buy two more.</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">Then he gave you his two and now you have 4,right?

You still havent explained why you have 4,2 is enough but 4,c'mon.

05-04-2002, 12:51 AM
Yep -- I picked up four of him.

Not a bad figure, if I do say so myself.

The lines were HUGE -- I'm pretty sure they sold out FAST.<font size="2" face="arial">If you EVER feel the urge to rid yourself of one, please contact me. I'm one of those poor unfortunately souls. images/icons/frown.gif

Jango_Fettish
05-04-2002, 01:00 AM
Yeah same here and I got a ton to trade for it..

camnron
05-04-2002, 01:16 AM
i wasnt able to go to celebration tue due to extreme family emergency. my mom was diagnosed with leukemia and all plans have been put on hold.. i was wondering if you would sell me one or trade for one....

i am a personal collector only and the only figures i have for trade are

dooku
yoda
dexter with pipe sticker
aura sing

please let me know if you can help me out.... i would very much appreciate it.. thank you for your time

05-04-2002, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Bounty Hunter GNT:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Bounty Hunter GNT:

But, it was two figures per person, so I bought two and made my dad buy two more.</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">Then he gave you his two and now you have 4,right?

You still havent explained why you have 4,2 is enough but 4,c'mon.</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">Nope -- I gave him money to buy his two. images/icons/wink.gif

But why should I get two of a eventually extremely hard to find figure, when I can get four?

Not that I'm selfish -- but nothing else in my collection is that rare.

05-04-2002, 09:44 AM
bounty hunter i know this is stressing as **** not getting this figure, but why dont you stop harassing people.
This is the second thread i seen you harass someone for getting 4 figures,its his money, he bought them, he bought the ticket to get them.
I would hope he aint an *******ing scalper, but you jump them befor you even know, and thats not what this place is about.He may be a scalper, he could also do customs, maybe he has a thing for this figure.
matter is, its his right.

and the figures are sold TWO per PURCHASE, not per person....the starwars.com cell2 information site tells everyone this......too many people are reading that Ebay 2 per person ****.
oh coarse they are getting back in line, everyone else is too.

jareedo
05-04-2002, 04:57 PM
Picked up two on Friday morning.

The oddest thing about the figure is that it really is better once you open it - which is sort silly considering one of the big deals about the figure is that it commemorate the C2 event. Everyone at the show seems to be buying 2 (at least). I'd go back for an additional two for trades, but like everyone has said, the lines have been obnoxious. And that can only really describe the whole event - total crowd overload.

bwing
05-04-2002, 05:49 PM
We shouldn't begrudge Sarge506 for getting 4 figures and I would think that he will attempt to sell them or trade them for the highest bid - such is the way of things in a market ecomony. Who we should really get on is Hasbro and the people at Celebration II (Fan Club) for allowing this type of thing to happen. If I was there, I probably would have only purchased 2, but with prices at $100 a piece right now (that's 1000% profit), it would be tempting to buy more. They should have done something like mark your badge or pur a hole in it to prevent the scalpers from hoarding the market. I will hopefully get one of these figures someday, but not for the prices right now - I would rather buy 15 new AOTC figures for the same amount of money.

05-04-2002, 06:16 PM
Just to elaborate:

I am not a scalper. I have no intentions to ever be one.

However I do not see what's wrong with picking up several of the figures -- at least one for my personal collection, and perhaps the other three to sell on eBay in a few years.

If you look at it, it's an investment for the future. I could put the money I made by selling those figures in five years into college, or something to that effect.

However, to those who were unfortunate enough to not get one -- I would feel the same as you.

05-04-2002, 07:00 PM
alright so he is an *******ing scalper. images/icons/rolleyes.gif

05-04-2002, 07:18 PM
Hey, now. Let's not call each other names. After all, we are all Trek- er, Wars fans.

bwing
05-04-2002, 07:45 PM
Sarge506,

What is your definition of a scalper then? You just stated that these are an investment to make money off of. That is what a scalper does - takes product away from others so he/she can make a profit.

Darth_Broem
05-04-2002, 08:05 PM
I did not get the C2 figure. I thought there were going to be plenty available just like I thought Carrie Fisher was going to sign autographs like everyone else in the autograph area. Of course she had to be special and have her own rules etc. Although I kind of thought both things would go down that way.
I did get the autographs I wanted from the others so that was good. Man that place is rather confusing. I thought it would be setup much better than it was.
It's kind of hard navigating through thousands of people but it's all right at the same time. Lots of interesting costumes images/icons/smile.gif
Gotta like the guy that screams "This is not an exit and that's the entrance." Well put up a sign then. Duh!

KIDD
05-04-2002, 08:16 PM
THERE WERE ONLY 10,000 PER DAY TODAY THEY SOLD OUT AT 1:00PM NEXT YEAR THEY NEED TO HIRE PEOPLE WHO CAN SPELL THEIR OWN NAME INSTEAD OF THE STUPID BROAD WHOS LINE I WAS IN I THOUGHT SHE WAS USING ONE OF THOSE CHINESE CALCULATORS THE WOOD ONES WITH THE LITTLE SLIDDING ***** ON THEM CAUSE BY THE TIME I GOT UP TO THE FRONT OF THE LINE THEY WERE SOLD OUT!!!!

P.S. A NICE MANAGER SOLD ME ONE OF THE PEG BOARD images/icons/mad.gif

05-04-2002, 08:20 PM
Lose the caps you must.

05-04-2002, 08:22 PM
sarge506,

you really think that your gay Sacul figures are going to be an investment? You think you are going to college or going to retire on 4 Saculs? man are you stupid! This is teh whole reason this hobby sucks. Dip*****s thinking that selling these toys is the way to get rich. How many people do you know who actually were able to retire off of a bunch of Luke Jedi Theater Editions?

Schtoiker
05-04-2002, 08:27 PM
SonofSith,
You da man ! images/icons/wink.gif

GNT
05-04-2002, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by DarthRune:
bounty hunter i know this is stressing as **** not getting this figure, but why dont you stop harassing people.
This is the second thread i seen you harass someone for getting 4 figures,its his money, he bought them, he bought the ticket to get them.
I would hope he aint an *******ing scalper, but you jump them befor you even know, and thats not what this place is about.He may be a scalper, he could also do customs, maybe he has a thing for this figure.
matter is, its his right.

and the figures are sold TWO per PURCHASE, not per person....the starwars.com cell2 information site tells everyone this......too many people are reading that Ebay 2 per person ****.
oh coarse they are getting back in line, everyone else is too.<font size="2" face="arial">Harassing people,I am not.

Its just that no one needs 4 of one figure,I can understand 2(1 to open,1 to keep carded) and possibly 3(1 to trade) but 4 to keep(carded) is way too much.True its his money he can do what he wants with it...

I am not a scalper. I have no intentions to ever be one.

However I do not see what's wrong with picking up several of the figures -- at least one for my personal collection, and perhaps the other three to sell on eBay in a few years.

If you look at it, it's an investment for the future. I could put the money I made by selling those figures in five years into college, or something to that effect.

However, to those who were unfortunate enough to not get one -- I would feel the same as you.<font size="2" face="arial">Unfortanatly some people couldn't get at least one cause people were buying more than they needed,As for an investment do you even enjoy the hobby? Or you collecting to get rewards ehen you sell this figures in 5 years time?

05-04-2002, 09:19 PM
Its all good dude, he showed his true colors anyway.

i guess thats what i get for looking out for people, i got to remeber not everyone here has a collector's best intrest.

good luck to anyone else trying to get this figure.

05-04-2002, 09:45 PM
Personally, I think you fellas are jumping on this fellow's back for nothing.

What did he do? He bough four of these figures. Sure, he may want to sell them later on down the road, and if that guy is willing to buy them..hey. I see no problem with it. Capatilism. Enjoy it while you can. So what if he did put three other guys from not being able to buy one?

He could also be cautious. There's a lot of ways a collectible figure could be damaged, destroyed, or lost. So, hey, give him a break! images/icons/wink.gif

bwing
05-04-2002, 09:52 PM
I am all for Capitalism, and again I do not begrudge the guy for buying 4 of these figs, but next time, take the figs to ebay - make your money, but don't boast about it.

05-04-2002, 09:58 PM
Well, someone was asking if anyone had the character, and he merely mentioned he had gotten a couple extra. *shrugs* What's the deal? Companies like that shouldn't make the good toys so rare, anyway.

05-04-2002, 11:38 PM
I'm rather new to the figure collecting scene this year, but according to something I read recently on this very website, a scalper is someone who buys the figures and immediately turns around, and resells them for outrageous prices (if someone can find the link for me I'd be appreciative).

As far as it stands right now, I have no current intentions of parting with my Jorgs. However, in the future, I see no problem with selling them. I never stated that I would sell them for outrageous prices when I sold them in the future, either.

I do not enjoy being cussed at and called names, especially over something as trivial as this. However I have seen many with more Jorgs than I. I broke no rules in buying four Jorgs. I do pity those who were not fortunate to get a Jorg. I have not been in the C2 store since Friday morning, but as far as I know they had plenty. But really, what can I say? This figure is an exlusive -- on a first come, first serve basis.

But as I am about to reply, I realize that this will no doubt spark even more anger from most of you. In my case, I can't win with any of you.

Therefore, what am I supposed to do? Give my figures away free? Take them down to my local Salvation Army? Take them back to the Celebration tommorow and try to sell them? I think not.

It was my money, and it was certainly my time to stand in a line for what seemed like an eternity.

BUT, if I do not choose to sell my figures (which I have never stated I *WILL* do), then I'm not scalping, am I?

And if there are plenty of figures for all, then you're pretty much wasting board space posting replying to this, aren't you?

05-05-2002, 12:07 AM
As long as you're not turning around and selling them for outrageous prices. That would royally **** me off. But, seeing as I'm not making Celebration II, I can't complain because I won't have the opportunity EVER to get a Jorg Sacul. images/icons/mad.gif Unless, some kind soul would like to help me out. images/icons/grin.gif

05-05-2002, 01:05 AM
Sarge506, "the point was", take your figures and go do whatever you want with them.I guess your just to stupid to understand what has been said here over and over.Nobody needs to hear about your 4 score and what your going to do with them. Many here will not get this figure. All your doing is rubbing it in their face's.

I personally picked up 2 and one is for a board member.
This board is about making friends through the love of Star wars movies and collecting.
I've sold many many items here at cost I could have made money on.
Cashing in and or bragging about cashing in on the current Hot Star Wars collectible is not what the board is here for. Nobody likes it. So if you want to make your millions just take it somewhere else. It's not going to happen here I promise.

And if there is something your looking for and I ever see you asking for it on the trade boards you can rest assured I woudn't help you for a million bucks! images/icons/shocked.gif

JesseJames
05-05-2002, 01:50 AM
Sarge, being new to collecting is great huh? HOw about your welcome too...

It's great you got 4 of this figure, but your folly was that you were being DEFENDED up until you pretty much admitted you were scalping them.

The root of scalping is essentially profit, and that's what you've openly said you're going to do.

I'm not even saying you're wrong, or that I dislike you, cuz I don't care what you do with them, but the people here would rather you immediately turn them around to THEM since they can't go and get this figure.

Ultimately, you'd have been ok had you just not said anything. images/icons/smile.gif Scalpers get shunned, fast, especially on close-knit collecting sites.

Some places would have kicked you out for saying that, actually. Not here, but many trade forums and lists I know of do not tolerate people making profit.

Like I said, I have nothing against you, but I think you just made a slew of enemies if lots are reading this thread (And I bet lots are). Congrats on it though (Figures I mean), because I think that it's a neat idea and nice figure... I like rebel pilots though, so that's me.

Stormtripper
05-05-2002, 02:19 AM
Hauls off and kicks BH GNT in the nards images/icons/grin.gif .Listen pal I know that you are a Marsupial!!!!! images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/grin.gif G'Day images/icons/cool.gif
And scalper guy,make like a bird and flock off.

[ 05-05-2002, 02:22 AM: Message edited by: Stormtripper ]

darth_epidermis
05-05-2002, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by JesseJames:
Sarge, being new to collecting is great huh? HOw about your welcome too...

It's great you got 4 of this figure, but your folly was that you were being DEFENDED up until you pretty much admitted you were scalping them.

The root of scalping is essentially profit, and that's what you've openly said you're going to do.

I'm not even saying you're wrong, or that I dislike you, cuz I don't care what you do with them, but the people here would rather you immediately turn them around to THEM since they can't go and get this figure.

Ultimately, you'd have been ok had you just not said anything. images/icons/smile.gif Scalpers get shunned, fast, especially on close-knit collecting sites.

Some places would have kicked you out for saying that, actually. Not here, but many trade forums and lists I know of do not tolerate people making profit.

Like I said, I have nothing against you, but I think you just made a slew of enemies if lots are reading this thread (And I bet lots are). Congrats on it though (Figures I mean), because I think that it's a neat idea and nice figure... I like rebel pilots though, so that's me.<font size="2" face="arial">Of course, you said, JJ, in another thread that you have your Sacul lined up for you. If you were a have-not in this case, you'd probably be a little less relaxed than you appear to be.

05-05-2002, 08:15 AM
Again, I can't seem to win in this situation.

I apologize if I seemed I was bragging -- I didn't mean to, I was just sharing what I got.

This thread will continue to heat up, so consider this my last post here.

I had no intention on offending anyone, but it seems that to my suprise I am the one who is responsible for no one getting Jorgs.

BigDumbWookiee
05-05-2002, 04:16 PM
I picked up 6 - I got two, and each of my parents got their two. 5 of them are already spoken for, Im selling them to people who couldnt make it to C2, and Im selling them for what I paid - 10 bucks. Somehow, amidst the confusion, I was given 2 extra figures, but didnt realize it till later on; I gave them to two people who were not going to be able to get them. I found out later I did get billed for them, but oh well, I did my good deed for the weekend.

Just a side note, I apologize if I sound like Im bragging, I just wanted to be honest and share my experience. And the two figures I gave away went to people who would not have been able to get them: 2 children (different families) who were leaving today (Sunday) and were not able to get them, both of which were quite upset.

[ 05-05-2002, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: BigDumbWookie ]

Darth_Broem
05-05-2002, 04:27 PM
I don't care how many of a figure someone buys. I just think it blows that this event can produce probably 100,000 or so tickets and sell those but then chose only to produce 30,000 for the event itself. What, the other 70,000 ticket payers don't want that figure? Odds are if you show up at the event you are probably going to want to buy the figure. Certainly more than 30,000 people would. I am just very, very happy it's not a character from any of the films.

JesseJames
05-05-2002, 05:37 PM
That's true Darth, and like I said I am not telling him he's right or wrong... I was just pointing out to him the pretty bad mistake he made.

I also posted in another thread something similar to what you said...

But I also honestly do hope everyone here gets the figure that wants the figure. And like I told him, he'd be making more friends if he turned them around immediately here... Which I think he SHOULD do, because that's what MOST people here WOULD do to be fair to at least their friends they've made here. Maybe not selling to people you don't know (Which may be his reasoning behind not selling them here?) Either way, he's not going to win hearts by saying that, at least not in this arena.

05-05-2002, 08:40 PM
Here's the bad thing about the way they handled the action figure. One guy on Saturday bought 48 figures. From 9am til 1, he and another guy would buy 4 (2 each) walk back to their buddy, put them in a box then jump right back in line again. See there was a LONG line to get into the store, but once you were in, there were many lines and you could stay as long as you liked. I think they should have marked everyone's pass after they bought their first 2 to prevent this from happening. Oh well

gypsyforce
05-05-2002, 09:56 PM
I know that I stood in line for a long time, then I was told they were sold out. images/icons/mad.gif But, that's just the way it goes, I did meet some really nice people while waiting in line. images/icons/smile.gif

05-06-2002, 03:10 AM
Hi all, I just wanted to state that whoever was in charge of the Sacul figures at C2 is a complete moron and
should be fisted. My understanding was that there were 26,000 figures made, and somewhere around
12,000 tickets for the entire show. Also I was under the impression that there were only 2 per individual.
So that makes about 24,000 people at the convention and 26,000 figures. Clearly enough for every one! I
tried both days and I couldn't come up with the one that I wanted for my collection and one to trade to
ANOTHER FAN for other Star Wars items. Come to find out that a bunch of dealer/scalper degenerates
kept going back in line and buying and buying. I drove out to Indianapolis from about an hour south of
Buffalo (for all those who are not up on there geography it is a 9 hr drive). My group was at the convention
early Sat and Sun and we got none. A group of 10 people got none. What I want to know is who else out
there hopes that these dealer/scalper degenerate scum and who should have been in charge of this
issue should go up in a fiery car accident along with all there scalped figures. Oh by the way it is 3:00 AM I
just got in the house just to make sure that my anger with these people truly ruining it for the REAL FANS
is fresh and meaningful.

So To all the REAL STAR WARS FANS who didn't get a chance to get a figure I share your pain.
To all of you greedy F-N-C's who made it impossable for the true fans at the Celebration ----&gt; A BIG
MIDDLE FINGER and a LARGE HARDY FIST

The best thing would be for the figure to be released into the fan club so the prices drop on these vultures

05-06-2002, 04:25 AM
I came from LA to get the figures...I spent a lot on airfair and lodging and admission. The show was totally unorganized and I didn't get to see nearly 1/4 of what I wanted to see.
Although I only got 2 figures....I tried to get two more. Unfortunately they sold out. Would I have sold these for a mark-up to someone else who didn't take the time off work and spend what I spent to get the figures? You're damned right I would. Do I consider myself a scalper? No, I don't.
In my opinion it is the shows organizers who ruined it for those who didn't get a figure...everyone who went should have gotten their two.
To me a scalper is someone who makes a living off buying every last scarce item in sight...to artificially drive up prices. Sarge isn't a bad guy...and he didn't do anything wrong...nor was he trying to rub it in anyones faces. He got in line early and got his figures. If everyone else had gotten in line really early too (like I did)...you'd have gotten one.

05-06-2002, 07:23 AM
On a good note: I was at C2 all three days. I got a the figure.

Believe it or not I even opened it to look it over. I think I made a few fans passout when I did open the card.

I like the sculpt of G.L. and the added x-wing.

My special 3 year old is now playing with figure and having blast of fun.

I wished everyone could have gotten one and opened it and enjoyed the toy.

While the wife and I were taking a much needed break in the only seats in the building near the PC LAN gaming, I saw two young boys who had traveled with their parents 16 hours for just one day of C2. The boy's heads where laying on the table and sad from not being able to get a G.L. figure.
I reached into my bag I had and handed them each a figure and sold both for $10 each (what I paid).

Out of my 3 day venture I had intended on getting 1 for collecting and one to open plus two others for my friends who I know first hand are "True Fan Collectors", but I said to heck with them this time. If two boys traveled 16 hours to be at a show for only one day why not show these young men what being a "True Fan COllector" is all about. TO see these two young men's faces light up with joy was more reward than you can ever imagine.

QGJim
05-06-2002, 07:42 AM
BigDumbWookie is telling the absolute truth! I sent him a message when I found out that he was going to C2 asking him to pick me up a JS. I offered him more than cost for it. When he returned, he sent a mail that said that he couldn't sell it to me for the price I offered. He said he COULD sell it to me for 10 bucks! I had given up hope of finding one of these,as I won't spend hundreds on an action figure. BDW really came through for me and is a class act. He sacrificed his time at C2 for other less fortunate collectors in this community. People like him make this hobby great.
Anyone that dares flame him has me to answer to!

BigDumbWookiee
05-06-2002, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Jedi-Blade:
On a good note: I was at C2 all three days. I got a the figure.

Believe it or not I even opened it to look it over. I think I made a few fans passout when I did open the card.

I like the sculpt of G.L. and the added x-wing.

My special 3 year old is now playing with figure and having blast of fun.

I wished everyone could have gotten one and opened it and enjoyed the toy.

While the wife and I were taking a much needed break in the only seats in the building near the PC LAN gaming, I saw two young boys who had traveled with their parents 16 hours for just one day of C2. The boy's heads where laying on the table and sad from not being able to get a G.L. figure.
I reached into my bag I had and handed them each a figure and sold both for $10 each (what I paid).

Out of my 3 day venture I had intended on getting 1 for collecting and one to open plus two others for my friends who I know first hand are "True Fan Collectors", but I said to heck with them this time. If two boys traveled 16 hours to be at a show for only one day why not show these young men what being a "True Fan COllector" is all about. TO see these two young men's faces light up with joy was more reward than you can ever imagine.<font size="2" face="arial">I just wanted to say that I liked your story! Glad to know that the True Fan Collector isn't extinct yet!

And Jimmurf, thanks for the praises, I really appreciate that!

shotgnz
05-06-2002, 03:11 PM
Scalpers are A Holes. I waited in line , I should say lines, to pick up the figure and they were sold out. Scalpers were running in from out side the store area offering to sell them for $30. They even had the audacity to say they have 50 more for sale inside the main vendor room. I could not believe my eyes. The event staff didn't do jack. How come ticket scalpers get arrested but not toy scalpers??? Do not give into the Dark Side of Greed. And another think the CII store was out and out ripping people off. They ran out of allot of items yet they were taking orders to be shipped later. The shipping cost was 15 % of the bill (but not really). They rounded the S & H to the nearest dollar. Out Shipping should have been 10.25 instead they charged us $11.00. I took the calculator out of her hand and figured it out and I said it should have been $10.25, she said they round up. I said that is out and out stealing, she said that they do not have change so it is in dollars. I said credit cards can be in
change and she said sorry. .75 cents times 45 thousand people on Saturday and they made an extra $33,750.00 . Not bad for not even selling anything?? I am writing the better business Bureau.

Thx, Shotgnz

Long live the Fetts.

05-06-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by bigswfan:
In my opinion it is the shows organizers who ruined it for those who didn't get a figure...everyone who went should have gotten their two.
<font size="2" face="arial">Now, I didn't go, nor did I ask anyone to get it for me, nor do I plan to buy it from anywhere, unless I find it somewhere for retail, but I just have to ask...

Why should have everyone have gotten their two? Was it included in the ticket price? Was there a disclaimer on a ticket, or it in writing somewhere? What if I didn't want my two? Could I have gotten a refund on my ticket price?

Unless there was some legal contract that said each and every single person will receive 2 Jorg Sacul figures, then there is nothing saying everyone should have gotten their two. By reading stories of people that were there, it's unfortunate how it was handled, but there's no "should have" about it. You were told in advance how many would be available each day, and since it was also said that this would be the only way to get the figure, you should have expected the scalper attack, especially since someone mentioned that it was 2 per PURCHASE not 2 per PERSON. Yes, there are better ways it could have been handled, but it wasn't handled that way.

Perhaps "It would have been prefereable if everyone could have gotten their two." would have been a better wording for your statement, then making it sound as if it was a right of attending the con.

*deep breath* Thank you, I feel better...(steps off soapbox and dissappears into the crowd)

05-06-2002, 04:05 PM
Aichia,

I respect your view, you have been here for quite awhile.

However, not being there, you may not have clarity on the subject.

Pretty much everyone wanted one. I waited for over 2 hours for it. Had to stand in a line that ran throughout the building and wound past escalators and the like, only to be told when in sight, that they may be out.....they had already sold through all their other merchandise, but I could get it at an additional 15%.

This set up was absurd.

I love SW, have loved it and have collected things for over 20 years. I have tons of stuff. But that event was organized sooo poorly, I was happy to have it in my rear view.

I expect that there should be some better way to get a lousy figure rather than the way they did it.

You know it, I know it, they know it....that figure is core to why people come.

Spent much time, money and hassle to get there....shouldn't have to do it to get a figure once there.

I wish you could have been there. It was, shall we say, a trial for the patience.

Matt_Carroll
05-06-2002, 04:50 PM
The lines certainly were long for the Jorg Sacul figure, and it's too bad that not everyone got one. I was fortunate enough to get mine Friday morning after waiting less than an hour.

Some of the dealers at the end of the weekend were all to happy to pay $40 per figure for those things.

Although I didn't personally see it, I heard a number of stories of people buying 2 figures in the FC store, then staying in the room and hopping into another checkout line to buy 2 more, and so on instead of being sent to the end of the line just to get into the store (which went down a couple of hallways at times). images/icons/frown.gif

05-07-2002, 12:06 AM
True...there wasn't any contract that buying a ticket assured you 2 exclusive figures. But really, don't we as fan members or fans deserve better from the organization running the club. Why do we have to resort to legal interpretation of it? The laymen...I believe...assumed that by going to the show, he would be allowed to purchase 2 figures. And yes...If I went, and hadn't gotten my two...I would be demanding a refund.

05-07-2002, 12:54 AM
As of this post, there are 441 separate eBay auctions for the elusive Jorg Sacul figure -- 441?!? A day after the event ends?

Have to wonder about some of these fans and the nature of this hobby. I don't begrudge ANYBODY for buying extras to sell (as stated before, it's capitalism at work), but to see so many auctions so quickly? A little disappointing that THAT many profiteers got their hands on at least one extra when, from the sound of it, many people got completely shut out.

05-07-2002, 01:45 AM
Hey Sarge I understand

I WAS THERE and stood in line to get my 2 Figures and dealt with the crowds and the staff and food prices. I missed out on some stuff for the Jorge Figure and if I was planning to sell one, or two, or even three I would ask no less than $500.00 each because I would rather keep mine than part with it for a meesley $15.00, or $50.00. Everyone out there had a chance to go to Celebration II and get there own Figure So if everyone thinks about what it would have cost them with Airfare, or driving, Hotel, Taxi, Food. Asking anyone to part with a figure for $15.00 or $50.00 is insane. The people who wanted a figure for $10.00 should have been in Indy last weekend and stop begging people for the Jorge Sacul Figure.

Think with two per purchase and a run of 26,000 that means only around 13,000 people were able to get a figure. There was an estimated 40,000 fans at Celebration II on Saturday alone. IF Everyone saves there pennies Celebration III is only a couple of years away. Sarge dont let anyone talk you into selling the figures for less then you want. GOOD LUCK & HAPPY HUNTING

QGJim
05-07-2002, 06:16 AM
Oh boy this guy is gonna get flamed...

mousedroid
05-07-2002, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Matt Carroll:
Although I didn't personally see it, I heard a number of stories of people buying 2 figures in the FC store, then staying in the room and hopping into another checkout line to buy 2 more, and so on instead of being sent to the end of the line just to get into the store (which went down a couple of hallways at times). images/icons/frown.gif <font size="2" face="arial">This is the main problem I had with the whole set-up. I did see it happening, and I would have been furious about it if I hadn't gotten my figures.

I also honestly believe that it should have been limited to two figures "per person." There were many fans there with non-fans who would have been able to buy a couple extra figures for themselves or their non-attending fans, and it really wasn't fair to the people who attended and weren't able to get even one.

I chalk the whole mess up to a lack of convention running experience by Wizards of the Coast. They'll get better as they do more of these things.

05-07-2002, 10:34 AM
GNT and I had a little dispute about this whole thing before, partially my fault for not explaining my intentions, but I had wanted to pick up 4, me going and my girlfriend, I was going to keep a couple, and trade a couple, however, he's totally right about this...A person may be able to do as they please with what figures they buy, that is true, but don't expect any sympathy from anyone else about it. The whole thing should have been, 1 day pass = 2 figures, 3 day pass = 6 figures...and screw the dealers complaining that they didn't get first crack like they were promised...you're no better than the average fan, you can do the 2 per day deal too, and buy extra to scalp on your websites and in your stores....