PDA

View Full Version : Widevision Autos - How Many Do You Have?

WampaTaunTaun
03-22-2003, 10:26 AM
I am just curious as to how many Autograph Cards people have from the AOTC Widevision set and how you acquired them.

I have four:
Rena Owen - from box purchased on eBay images/icons/frown.gif
Matt Sloan - single bought on eBay
Zachariah Jensen - single packs bought at WalMart images/icons/smile.gif
David Bowers - single bought on eBay

I had the worst luck with all of the single packs I bought at Target so I had to go the eBay route.

I have about 6 full sets and a ton of others. I give my 3 year-old extras from time to time since he loves them so much

Dewlanna
03-24-2003, 12:45 PM
Glad I'm not the only one collecting these! Here's what I have...
- Taun We
- Captain Typho
- Jocasta Nu
- Dexter Jettser
- Elan Sleazebaggano
I bought countless hobby and retail packs and didn't get a single one. All these came from eBay, from $14-$25 each. I'm allowing myself one a month... Lost out on Zam and Saesee because they went too high. Really want Yoda but he's at $130 now (!) WOW, collecting is fun!

Jedij
03-28-2003, 01:40 AM
I have one. bought 6 packs and got Plo Koon. then out of another box i bought about 20 and nothing.

MysterySith
03-28-2003, 07:19 AM
I bought 2 hobby boxes and got 4 autos, the rest I got from ebay.

I am missing.
Yoda
Captain Typho

It will be a while before I get Yoda images/icons/frown.gif

JC_Sith
03-28-2003, 02:50 PM
I bought 3 Hobby boxes and got R2,Luminara,and Boba Fett. The rest I got off ebay and the only one I am now missing is Yoda.

DarthWormie
03-31-2003, 11:20 AM
The only one I have is the Joel Edgarton one which I got out of one of about 12 packs my wife bought me for Christmas. I've bought an additional 16-18 packs since then to complete a set, but have not found another auto.

Stay away from the packs at Target and Walmart. They are retail boxes and the odds are less likely you'll pull an auto from one of those packs. Stick to the hobby packs.

Dewlanna
04-01-2003, 11:10 AM
I just snagged Kit Fisto and the Clone Trooper off eBay. Just 17 more to go!

Hey, JC, you got really lucky - Boba is one of the harder ones to find. He and Yoda are my long-range goals...

If anyone has any leads on where to find these besides eBay, let me know!

rmschneider104
04-01-2003, 12:58 PM
Only have the Bodie Taylor/Clonetrooper card. Would love to get others, but they get a little expensive.

JC_Sith
04-01-2003, 02:01 PM
I did get lucky Dewlanna. Boba and Yoda were the last 2 I needed. I forgot that I had my local comic shop get me a box so when I picked them up a couple weeks ago I lucked out in getting the Boba. He was in the 1st pack I opened. So yeah the only reason I got him was on pure luck.

Dewlanna
04-03-2003, 12:23 PM
Good job, JC! Now it's off to eBay to drop $115 on Master Yoda... I bought about 50 (!) packs between our comic shop, Wal-Mart and Target and didn't get a single thing. My boss's 8-year-old daughter bought 1 pack at Target and got R2-D2... Go figure... I'm especially pleased with myself, though. I just got Kit Fisto and the Clone Trooper off eBay for pretty good prices.

WampaTaunTaun
04-03-2003, 05:20 PM
That's basically my luck too. I did win an auction on eBay for a hobby box for $21. images/icons/cool.gif I should get it today so wish me luck.

WampaTaunTaun
04-03-2003, 10:13 PM
Well I only got one autograph card and it was a hobby box. images/icons/frown.gif

The good news is that it was Kenny Baker/R2-D2 which was one I wanted most after Yoda. images/icons/grin.gif

Sebulba_X
04-04-2003, 08:44 AM
Got all of them except for 5 of the easier ones. No real pattern to how I got them. I bought or was given for Christmas 6 hobby boxes (10 autos, but 2 duplicates), bought one retail box (got one auto), bought a few on ebay, traded for a couple, and was given 2 directly as gifts. I'm currently holding out on ebay trying to get the remaining autos I need at $15 each, which I think is where the prices will end up at. Might have to spend a little more for Zam & R2, but I should be able to get Jar Jar, Mas Amedda, & Plo Koon for that price, maybe even cheaper. Not in a rush like I was for the Evolution set, given their current prices.

Dewlanna
04-07-2003, 09:09 AM
Good job, Sebulba! I just lucked out and got Plo Koon for $16, though I've never seen him go for less than $30. Zam and R2 are usually around $40. You might be able to grab Jar Jar and Mas Amedda for around $15.

So who were your duplicates? Do you still have them?

Sebulba_X
04-07-2003, 10:07 AM
I traded them for autos/other stuff I needed, but they were Captain Typho, Barris, and Taun We.

Dewlanna
04-07-2003, 11:15 AM
Congrats, WampaTaunTaun, on your R2.

Geez, I couldn't pull an autograph out of the hoardes of packs I bought to save my life! A hearty "good job!" to everyone who did.

I thought these were rough until I started collecting Lord of the Rings. I have all the FOTR cards except the foils and P3, the update set except for the costume cards and all of the Two Towers set. BUT NO AUTOGRAPHS. Those suckers go for $50-$250! Wow!

Once I finish my AOTC autographs, maybe I'll start trying for these... Or if I win the Lotto...

Dewlanna
04-07-2003, 01:33 PM
Ooh, tough break, WampaTaunTaun. It's hard for us Star Wars nuts to find other Star Wars nuts to marry. Or, if you are lucky enough to find a fellow nut, they might be just too darn practical... Of course we can rationalize $130 for a little piece of cardboard. But for some reason, most people can't... images/icons/wink.gif

WampaTaunTaun
04-07-2003, 02:53 PM
Overall, my wife is pretty supportive of my collecting but we are a little short on $$ so $20+ a pop gets expensive.
She actually really likes the movies. She saw AOTC in the theater with me twice. I'm a lucky man...

Dewlanna
04-07-2003, 03:14 PM
You are a lucky guy! I drug my ex-boyfriend to the Special Editions of the OT and we saw TPM also. But I don't think he would have tolerated my MULTIPLE viewings of AOTC. Or $20 or more per card. Good point. LUCKY guy. She's a keeper.

WampaTaunTaun
04-08-2003, 12:14 AM
I got my Plo Koon on eBay for $16 too. Lucky, I thought.
My wife is wanting me to stop bidding on boxes/autos so I don't know how I'm going to get any more. images/icons/frown.gif

Dewlanna
04-08-2003, 09:15 AM
Just snagged Saesee off eBay for $14.95! Now I'm done for this month... Hey Wampa, if your understanding wife has a brother, let me know! images/icons/wink.gif May the Force be with everyone (and keep me off eBay)!!! images/icons/smile.gif

WampaTaunTaun
04-08-2003, 09:45 AM
Congrats. I was almost bid on that but held back. Good deal though.
No, sorry my wife only has sisters. images/icons/smile.gif

Dewlanna
04-08-2003, 02:30 PM
images/icons/frown.gif Durn the luck images/icons/frown.gif

Four AOTC auto cards in the last two weeks... There MUST be an eBay support group somewhere (eBay-aholics Anonymous). Every time I go online I wind up there. I even bid on a Sean Astin auto card from Two Towers earlier. And I KNOW I don't have a prayer of winning that. Go figure.

At least I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel on my AOTC collection...

BTW, Wampa, sorry about yanking Saesee out from under you images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Dark_Lord_Of_The_Sith
04-21-2003, 03:43 AM
I bought 3 packs at Wal-Mart and got the Matt Sloan Plo Koon out of the first pack,so I stopped,then a couple of weeks later,I picked up 3 more packs,nothing! So I haven't had the urge to buy anymore.

WampaTaunTaun
04-25-2003, 10:38 PM
I bought a few packs at Target today and got Zachariah Jensen/Kit Fisto.

That makes two of those so now I just need to trade for another I don't have...

At least it was something...

WampaTaunTaun
05-18-2003, 05:28 PM
Just curious if anyone else has had any luck getting any more autographed cards.
I haven't seen any packs in stores in several weeks. images/icons/frown.gif

[ 05-18-2003, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: WampaTaunTaun ]

Dewlanna
05-19-2003, 09:54 AM
Hey Wampa, I have had some LUCK, let me tell you. My birthday was on May 7th. My wonderful brother got me R2-D2 and I have a wonderful friend who trades and deals sports cards and he pulled off a (get this) YODA and BOBA for me! Yay! And I pulled a trade with someone I connected with on this board and got Barriss and Jamillia.

SO NOW I JUST NEED 7!!! images/icons/smile.gif images/icons/smile.gif images/icons/smile.gif

My Saesee finally came in the mail but he was damaged by the way the card was packed. images/icons/frown.gif So I bid on another one. The card has a very minute crease about halfway down the middle. You can only see it when the light hits it.

Anybody want it? Wampa, you got first dibbs.

WampaTaunTaun
05-19-2003, 10:58 AM
I really appreciate the offer Dewlanna. I think I'll hold out for a mint one though. I was going to bid on that Saesee on eBay yesterday but it got too rich for my blood.
I am being surprisingly patient when it comes to these autographs.
There's only a few more I really want (though I'd take any of them).

WampaTaunTaun
05-19-2003, 11:00 AM
Dewlanna-
Congrats on your luck! That's awesome that you got the hardest two. I have nothing new, but I managed to part with my extra Kit Fisto. Now I can justify (to myself at least images/icons/wink.gif ) buying one I need.

Dewlanna
05-19-2003, 03:26 PM
Typho was my first one images/icons/smile.gif I think he was $25 + shipping and handling on eBay.

My needs list is now:
- Owen
- Beru
- Nute
- Ki Adi
- Luminara
- Aayla
- Jar Jar
- New Saesee images/icons/frown.gif

I guess considering I have to get a new Saesee (I lost the auction I bid on), I s'pose I technically still need 8. images/icons/frown.gif

Beru, Nute and Ki Adi will be kind of high-dollar, I think, but it's something to aspire to. Bless the folks that got me R2, Boba and Yoda! I almost fainted when I held that Frank Oz auto in my hand... Honestly never thought I would.

MysterySith
05-20-2003, 12:09 AM
I still need a Typho and Yoda. images/icons/frown.gif

Wuher
05-21-2003, 06:01 AM
hi all

I was not going to bother with this cards as they seemed expensive, but at a show i picked up

Bodie taylor for 15

and though I had to have some more

Then I won Zachariah jensnsen on e-pay for 12

I was now hooked but the price started to get higher and higher, so I was at a show where i met Daniel Logan "Nice kid" picked up a couple of autographs from him. On the way out to go home I saw a stall selling boxes for 35 (they were 55 when they first came out) and as I did not have a set of cards I picked one up.

Well would you beleive I pull a Daniel Logan (but I'm happy) and Amy Allen.

Also picked up Joel Edgerton and Matt Doran for e-pay but I will not pay more than 12/15 for them

Happy Hunting

Regards Mark

Sebulba_X
05-21-2003, 10:48 AM
Still need just 2 more: Zam Wessell & Mas Ammeeda

I have R2-D2 & Kit Fisto available for sale/trade...would love to get Zam for R2 or Mas for Kit....that would be too perfect I guess. images/icons/smile.gif

WampaTaunTaun
06-05-2003, 09:25 AM
I thought I'd bump this up and get an update from you all.
I have acquired Barris recently. It was under $20 so I was pleased.

Dewlanna
06-11-2003, 05:01 PM
Updates? I'm still lacking:

Owen
Beru
Luminara
Jar Jar
Nute
Ki Adi
Aayla

(Haven't gotten to do much lately. images/icons/frown.gif )

I'm thinking I'll go after Owen next. Save the higher-dollar ones for Christmastime. images/icons/smile.gif

WampaTaunTaun
06-25-2003, 04:34 PM
Okay, so it's not a widevision card, but I was at a sportscard shop today picking up a few packs and I noticed he had the Evolution cards for $1.84 a pack. images/icons/shocked.gif
I haven't seen packs for less than $3 anywhere so I picked up 3. I got Mike Quinn/Nien Nunb's auto. images/icons/shocked.gif images/icons/grin.gif

DarthWormie
06-26-2003, 03:31 PM
Nice score WTT. There's a store around here selling the Evolution packs for .50 a piece in the clearance bin. I may have to go up there this weekend and clear them out.

WampaTaunTaun
06-26-2003, 04:14 PM
images/icons/shocked.gif images/icons/shocked.gif
If there's too many for you, pick any amount up for me and I'll pay you for them!!!

DarthWormie
06-30-2003, 02:59 PM
Sorry man, they only had 2 pks left. Looks like someone beat me too it images/icons/frown.gif

Star_Matt
07-03-2003, 11:27 AM
HEY GUYS I JUST NOTICED THAT EVERY TIME SOMEONE BUYS THREE PACKS HERE, THEY GET AN AUTO! THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME! OKAY THIS HAPPENED A FEW MONTHS AGO BUT STILL A GOOD STORY! I went to target and noticed they had put out a new, untouched box of widevision cards. I only had enough cash to buy three packs. I was dissappointed as I knew I couldn't get an autograph in three packs. Opened the first two, nothing. Then I open the third pack, and something white caught my eye. Quickly I flipped to that card. IT WAS AN AMY ALLEN, AAYLA SECURA AUTOGRAPH! I WAS SO EXCITED! I have bought many widevision packs, but Aayla still remains my only autograph!

WampaTaunTaun
07-05-2003, 11:08 AM
Congrats Star Matt!

That's great. It's a nice surprise to finally find one after a long time trying

Sebulba_X
07-07-2003, 09:33 AM
The thing you have to watch out for with loose Evolution packs is people will open packs until they find the autograph out of each box, then put the rest of the unopened packs up for sale, taking only a slight risk that they'd be more than one auto in a box. They know everyone's hoping to win the Evolution autograph lottery, so they know they can easily make up some of their costs by reselling packs.

Finally got Zam's auto from ebay...still trying to get a reasonably priced (or traded for) Mas Ameeda auto. Still have an R2 auto available for sale/trade.

SWDave
07-07-2003, 09:43 AM
I only have two auto cards. I have R2 from the AOTC widevision series. I bought a whole hobby box for $50 at a toy show and that is all I got. Still pretty cool though. I have Mike Quinn/Nein Numb of the Evolution set that I was lucky enough to get from a single pack.

Is there another set coming out soon??

Sebulba_X
07-07-2003, 03:58 PM
The StarWarsCards.Net Store (https://www.universalcards.net/page.asp?Ag=Kendrick) has boxes of AOTC WV for $61 each in stock, but they're also selling the Bodie Taylor (Clonetrooper) Case Card autograph for $19. Both of which you could probably get for cheaper on ebay, but if you don't like dealing with the random sellers there, this is a very reliable place.

WampaTaunTaun
07-07-2003, 04:30 PM
Do you know if their widevision cards are the hobby version or the retail?

Sebulba_X
07-07-2003, 05:30 PM
Normally, they sell hobby boxes unless specifically listed otherwise, but there's an email address to ask them to be 100% sure: sales@universalcards.net

SWDave
07-08-2003, 04:12 PM
This may be a dumb question, but what is the difference between the hobby version and the retail version besides the hobby distinction on the wrappers and the box?

WampaTaunTaun
07-08-2003, 04:15 PM
From what I know it's just the odds of getting an autograph. The Hobby was 1:24 and the Retail 1:36.

Sebulba_X
07-10-2003, 11:25 AM
Yeah, that's correct...slightly better autograph odds for collectors vs. kids in line at Target. I also beleive the Clonetrooper case card was only available for hobby cases, but I'm not 100% sure on that. The only other difference was the wrapper, which had the stamp on the front and a different mail in address for the autograph lottery...since I sent entries in to both, I made out like a bandit. images/icons/grin.gif

WampaTaunTaun
07-10-2003, 11:59 AM
I know, and I'm still jealous as can be images/icons/wink.gif .

...not to mention that I'm still bitter with myself that I didn't see the free drawing until it was too late images/icons/mad.gif images/icons/frown.gif

Sebulba_X
07-10-2003, 03:06 PM
Don't be too bitter...that was about the 5th Topps drawing I've sent entries in for, and only the 2nd one I heard of people actually getting prizes for. Topps' history with those things isn't exactly one to rely on. images/icons/smile.gif

MysterySith
07-10-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by WampaTaunTaun:

...not to mention that I'm still bitter with myself that I didn't see the free drawing until it was too late images/icons/mad.gif images/icons/frown.gif <font size="2" face="arial">I know the feeling. images/icons/frown.gif

I STILL need Yoda and Typho.

Lone_Jedi
07-12-2003, 04:12 PM
Hey guys, I have a few questions. I’m interested in acquiring a full set of the standard AOTC Widevision cards (80 cards WITHOUT the special autographed cards). Do any of you have a full set of standard doubles in mint condition that you would be willing to sell? If anyone does, please e-mail me with the cost, thanks!

Also, does anyone know how many series were made for the Episode I widevision card set by topps?

Sebulba_X
07-14-2003, 11:42 AM
I probably have a full set of AOTC WV cards, but I'm not 100% sure. I know I have a ton of extras.

Topps only made 2 WV sets for Ep1, each had 80 cards, however there were a hobby & retail set of chase cards for each. For more info, go to the StarWarsCards.net links below:

Ep1 Ser1 Retail (http://www.starwarscards.net/E1retail.html)
Ep1 Ser1 Hobby (http://www.starwarscards.net/E1hobby.html)
Ep1 Ser2 Retail (http://www.starwarscards.net/E1retail2.html)
Ep1 Ser2 Hobby (http://www.starwarscards.net/E1hobby2.html)

There were tons of other Ep1 sets, but those were the only ones made by Topps.

[ 07-14-2003, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: Sebulba-X ]

BobaBoy
07-18-2003, 03:38 AM
i am looking to get into this collecting, because A for some reason NO STAR WARS CELEBRITIES COME TO SAN JOSE! ARGH i am soo angered about that, and B because i love cards, just the mystery of what you could find, i bought 4 packs today at a hobby shop and NOTHING argh but they were 2 bucks a pack, i am gonna hit one more shop and see if they have anything if not then ebay i go for boxes of cards

Darth_Big_Boy
07-21-2003, 07:44 AM
I pulled a Zam a couple days ago. YAY!!

Dewlanna
07-28-2003, 04:08 PM
Congrats on Zam! She was one I won on the autograph lottery. I still remember the massive celebration that ensued when I opened the envelope. My mom thought I was nuts.

I still need:

- Owen
- Beru
- Nute
- Ki Adi
- Aayla
- Luminara
- Jar Jar

If anybody has any of these, please let me know. They are getting harder and harder to find on eBay.