PDA

View Full Version : Old Star Wars Cards, Help

Chris_Berry
08-19-2002, 06:43 PM
Hi, I just found a whole slew of 1977 Star Wars cards. They are all in pretty good condition. Were any of these considered rare and are they worth anything. They are pretty cool and I am glad I found them. Thanks

Sebulba_X
08-22-2002, 09:26 AM
I'm a little card biased, so yeah, they're definately worth saving. images/icons/grin.gif

The cards themselves are not that rare, usually ranging from $.10 - $.30 each, sometimes if a frustrated buyer needs a particular mint card to complete his/her set, then you might see the price go in the $.50-.75 range. Unpeeled stickers can go from $.57-$1.50. None of the cards are rarer than the next with only a couple of exceptions:

SW Series 1 (blue border) #1 tends to go a little higher than normal, for whatever reason, but one I've heard and believe is that kids put the cards in order and then wrapped them with rubber bands, so the #1 cards tended to get beat up. Makes sense I guess.

SW Series 4 (green border) #207...The (in)famous X-rated C-3PO card. I've seen this one go from $15 up to $40. It's actually more common then the corrected version of #207, but there's so much hype around it that people tend to forget that these were all printed on the same sheet, so the card is just as common as the rest of the Series 4 Cards up until the began printing the corrected version. The corrected verion of #207 tends to go for $1-$2 due to people wanting both for their collections.