PDA

View Full Version : avoiding coming attactions

grandpa_yoda
03-03-2004, 05:42 PM
I guess by posting on this forum you know how i feel. After being all spoiled out before
episode 2 . I don't want to know anything about
this movie which i dont already know which is
the basic plot line which we all know
I may not want to even see the coming attractions
in january. how do you feel?

kidhuman
03-05-2004, 06:28 PM
I myself have been 99.9% spoiler free. The only thing i know about is Grevious and thats because of the CW cartoon. I will open myself up to the previews and trailers. To me that is not really knowing much more than you already know. Its the same as seeing Spidey 2 preview at the movies. Plus it gets ya all hyped up for it in May.

grandpa_yoda
03-05-2004, 09:54 PM
You know that coming attactions now show you
the "entire" movie. I want to know as little
as possible.

GNT
03-06-2004, 12:16 AM
The best way to avoid knowing anything is just turn off your computer for the next year, thats the only way to avoid knowing stuff about the 3rd film.

grandpa_yoda
03-06-2004, 12:13 PM
thats not happening but I get your drift

kidhuman
03-06-2004, 03:35 PM
And avoid the Superbowl, and Tv after that. Wanna take bets that people willstart lining upin January again?

grandpa_yoda
03-06-2004, 06:48 PM
i do avoid the super bowl-And this year i
missed janet jackson exposure-so there

kidhuman
03-07-2004, 01:29 AM
I only said that because in 2002, they aired the first preview during the SB for AOTC.

ARC_Trooper_Cpt
03-16-2004, 11:03 PM
i'm trying to keep away from spoilers (e.g. hyperspace and what-not) but i'd like to see trailers, and natural stuff like that...i'm definitely not trying to find anything about the movie. i'll just take what comes naturally (trailers, etc.)

and yes, i regret knowing too much about EII...so i'm trying to be a little bit more careful.

jedimom
03-17-2004, 01:16 AM
My take on spoilers, characters don't bother me. Knowing that so-and-so is playing this character or doing a voice doesn't bother me. I just want to stay away from conversations about the actual PLOT. The story line is what the movie is about. I, too, was spoiled on AOTC because of knowing too much, so this time I am trying to be a little more cautious.

kitt1987
03-17-2004, 11:23 AM
I learned the hard way years ago to avoid anything that has to do with SW news for the new movies when I saw "Jedi" way back in '83. I read all the books/comics/ect before I saw the movie and nothing was a surprise. There was virtually no thrill factor for me like there was with the first 2 films. I've vowed since to go into the theater only knowing what the basic previews have shown. Unfortunately these days the previews show almost too much. I like directors that show you a preview to a movie without giving you ANY major plotpoints, for example I've seen numerous previews that are made without using any footage from the movie. Those are kinda more exciting for me.

blaster_E11
03-19-2004, 11:52 AM
thats smart may be i should do the same,
i always say that but i cant wait, i'll be very sad in 2005 when it'll be all over

grandpa_yoda
03-21-2004, 05:58 PM
I am wiped out waiting 3 years between movies.
It just seems to long> I know george wants to
do it right but 2 years would be more managable.
Of course hasbro wouldn't like that because there
would be less time to sell rehashed figures between movies

J6251C
03-22-2004, 11:05 PM
I, too, knew too much about AOTC, and did not enjoy the movie as much. I saw 1 picture of Grevious and the clonetrooper pic on the cover of the SW insider.
I accidentally read a spoiler in the saga forum and I was pissed off.
I will watch the previews because those excite the viewers.
RS and the forum posters are pretty good about keeping it spoiler free, so this will be the only SW site I will visit.

Dewlanna
04-02-2004, 12:09 PM
I personally am waiting with baited breath for trailers and previews and the like.

Heck, I went to see "Secondhand Lions" JUST to see the "Return of the King" trailer.

But like most other folks, I don't want to know any spoilers - major storyline points, actual conversations, who dies, etc. etc. I think it would make the movie less fun. I'm going to be really careful about what I watch and look at.

I can't believe we're getting closer to Ep III...

Jedi_Knight
04-02-2004, 04:56 PM
A good freind of mine and my Brother In law hate knowing anything so I always hafe to be careful what I say around them because I like to knwo everything. I like to imagine how it will be and see how close my vision comes to the real thing.

JohnH
04-02-2004, 05:43 PM
A good way to help stay spoiler free? Stay away from Hasbro product. I picked up all the AOTC figures that came out before the movie's release (up through the wave with Jango, Mace, Vader & Luke Bespin), and learned from the toysí action features and bios alone that:

1) Mace Windu killed Jango Fett by cutting off his head
2) Anakin got his arm chopped
3) Zam Wessel got her arm chopped
4) Anakin goes ballistic on the Tuskens in revenge of his mother

Itís just stupid, and I donít know if itís Lucas or Hasbro that is to blame. Back in the day, when ROTJ came out, Kenner blacked out images in their toy catalogs of characters that Lucas didnít want anyone to see before the movies Ė the Ewoks, Jabba...I think there was more as well. Now, Hasbro gives away major events before the movie even comes out.

I know times have changed since then, and that with the advent of cyberspace all this information can usually be readily accessed, but there are still a few of us that like to be surprised by film events and NOT know major plot points or have the script memorized months before the movie comes out.

GNT
04-02-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by John Hamm:
Itís just stupid, and I donít know if itís Lucas or Hasbro that is to blame. Back in the day, when ROTJ came out, Kenner blacked out images in their toy catalogs of characters that Lucas didnít want anyone to see before the movies Ė the Ewoks, Jabba...I think there was more as well. Now, Hasbro gives away major events before the movie even comes out.<font size="2" face="arial">If one buys the figures before the movie is out don't read the bio information if your staying spoiler free, I know some people who bought the figures but decided not to read the bio because of spoilers and they were still suprised when they saw the movie. It would be a safe bet to skip reading it.

Because of Hyperspace theres no need to black out any character or information, pretty much everything has been seen on the webcam or been talked about so something like "Zam Wessel got her arm chopped" wouldn't be a major thing.

Billy_Ray
04-21-2004, 05:49 PM
Stay away from the soundtrack until after you see the movie as well! Before TPM came out I picked up the CD for the soundtrack at the store and read the track titles...

"The noble death of Qui-Gon" pretty much spoiled it for me images/icons/rolleyes.gif

As a kid I got the Marvel Comics adaptation of ESB before the movie came out...and I read it! I wasn't surprised at all when Vader revealed himself as Luke's father. I was, however, very surprised to see that Yoda wasn't skinny with long white hair...and purple! images/icons/wink.gif

[ 04-21-2004, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: Billy Ray ]

grandpa_yoda
04-22-2004, 10:47 AM
i could have sworn yoda was purple