PDA

View Full Version : Why is Padme such a jerk in EP2?

Durge
03-02-2004, 12:59 PM
It first starts with her dissing Yoda when he tells her how good it is to see her alive and she just ignores him and asks if anyone knows who did it. Then when she's sleeping, she covers up the cameras. Then when she's packing she acts like a ***** to Anakin. And then when they are in the Theed palace she embarresses Anakin in front of everyone. Then later on she yells at the clone trooper after falling out of the ship. "Get a transport, HURRY!".

So what's up with her?

Neal
03-02-2004, 02:40 PM
Could it be "that time of the month"???
images/icons/wink.gif
Seriously...I probably wouldn't be in the best of moods if someone had just tried to kill me.

r2d2_26
03-02-2004, 04:33 PM
I agree that Padme is a little *****y, just like her daughter, Leia, who was so so *****y in ANH and ESB. I don't think Padme was too *****y when she packing to go to Naboo, though. And, if you notice, she started out *****y in AOTC, but then she softened up.

GNT
03-02-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Darth Rayne:
Seriously...I probably wouldn't be in the best of moods if someone had just tried to kill me. <font size="2" face="arial">...not once but twice...then to become kitty food to the nexu later on in the movie...talk about aggressive negotiations! No wonder she is paranoid. images/icons/grin.gif

Durge
03-02-2004, 08:16 PM
There is still no excuse for her dissing Yoda like that.

grandpa_yoda
03-02-2004, 09:50 PM
could be bad acting or bad directing. both
issues have been addressed in the past.
She looks like she is kissing a skunk instead
of her future husband. lets have some tongue

marshubo
03-03-2004, 01:11 AM
raging female hormones? images/icons/smile.gif

dark_one
03-03-2004, 01:34 AM
Well after someone tries to blow me up but kills one of my friends instead, if someone said Hi good to see you, I think I would be a little upset. Also she was the youngest Queen ever and then a politician, I guess all the stress of trying to save the galaxy is too much for a teenager.

She is the mother of Leia, and she was quite the #$%#$# to Han and Luke even though they were trying to save her butt.

Durge
03-03-2004, 01:41 AM
Good points dark_one. Leia is alot like Padme in terms of what it takes to get her annoyed (not much images/icons/wink.gif ).

blaster_E11
03-03-2004, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by grandpa yoda:
could be bad acting or bad directing. <font size="2" face="arial">my thinking exactly, but who needs good acting for a space opera ?

moppy_j
03-03-2004, 07:46 AM
She needs some hot Jedi lovin' to get her head back in check. My hand is up images/icons/tongue.gif

Who knows, we all know what happens in Ep3, maybe she'll be really nice this time?

03-29-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by blaster E11 from blastech:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by grandpa yoda:
could be bad acting or bad directing. <font size="2" face="arial">my thinking exactly, but who needs good acting for a space opera ? </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">It's not a space opera! Practically more than half the films take place on the planetray surface, and everybody knows operas suck! Star Wars doesn't suck, does it?

03-29-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Durge:
It first starts with her dissing Yoda when he tells her how good it is to see her alive and she just ignores him and asks if anyone knows who did it. Then when she's sleeping, she covers up the cameras. Then when she's packing she acts like a ***** to Anakin. And then when they are in the Theed palace she embarresses Anakin in front of everyone. Then later on she yells at the clone trooper after falling out of the ship. "Get a transport, HURRY!".

So what's up with her? <font size="2" face="arial">you forgot- when Jar Jar says he accepts her position with humility, she rudely asks him to leave

I thought perhaps George left that in deliberately, to caricature his ex wife Marcia's temperament

[ 03-30-2004, 03:06 AM: Message edited by: Michael Kent ]

Neil
03-30-2004, 10:16 AM
GL is the original nerd.

Padme is symobolic of every female that has dumped on him.

NreRyed
03-30-2004, 10:22 AM
i think gl was trying to potray both padme and leia as the no-nonsense, work comes first type of girl but sadly.. it is potrayed none too well.

blaster_E11
03-30-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Krody Muwil:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by blaster E11 from blastech:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by grandpa yoda:
could be bad acting or bad directing. <font size="2" face="arial">my thinking exactly, but who needs good acting for a space opera ? </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">It's not a space opera! Practically more than half the films take place on the planetray surface, and everybody knows operas suck! Star Wars doesn't suck, does it? </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">surely not, nor does opera (well not the good ones)

04-11-2004, 11:58 AM
She just doing her job professionally. All business.

Some one tries to kill you, you try to find out who did it. Anikin was hitting on her and clearly making her uncomfortable, so why shouldn't she be a bit defensive? Seeing that she was probly undressing before bed, it's safe to say she wanted her privacy in her BEDROOM! I'd be a little pissed if their were cameras in MY room. The whole trooper thing was probly just heat of the moment stuff I'd be blowing a gasgit if my troops started f-ing up while we were trying to take down a warlord type person.

bjlevine
04-12-2004, 03:28 PM
Why is Padme such a jerk? Simple.

Lucas wanted to give her that tough, cockiness that Leia had, but since he seems to take the PT much more seriously than he did the OT, she has none of Leia's humor.

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought."

Therefore, Padme just comes off as stuck-up. Once again, blame GL.

Jediknight760071
04-18-2004, 10:47 PM
Good Theory. images/icons/wink.gif

Darth_Mack
04-19-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by bjlevine:
Why is Padme such a jerk? Simple.

Lucas wanted to give her that tough, cockiness that Leia had, but since he seems to take the PT much more seriously than he did the OT, she has none of Leia's humor.

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought."

Therefore, Padme just comes off as stuck-up. Once again, blame GL. <font size="2" face="arial">Precisely. Leia is tough, but her comments are hilarious. It's fun watching her trade insults with Han. Padme and Anakin's conversations are dull. Why did GL take this route with the PT?

As for Padme barking orders at the trooper after she falls out of the gunship, it's ridiculous. Padme is a senator in Ep. II, not a military leader; she's in no position to tell the trooper what to do. The trooper should have replied, "F*** that. I'm going to re-join my platoon."

r2d2_26
04-19-2004, 10:16 PM
As for Padme barking orders at the trooper after she falls out of the gunship, it's ridiculous. Padme is a senator in Ep. II, not a military leader; she's in no position to tell the trooper what to do. The trooper should have replied, "F*** that. I'm going to re-join my platoon." <font size="2" face="arial">Maybe that could be a good question to ask the Jedi Council.

Jediknight760071
04-19-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by marshubo:
raging female hormones? images/icons/smile.gif <font size="2" face="arial">Yeah...I've had a few of those in the form of hands rapidly crushing my nose before.

bad stuff.....You could be right, there.