03-01-2004, 05:45 PM
WHY is this in Saga?

grandpa_yoda
03-02-2004, 09:43 PM
thanks for the info dark one -very interesting
web page

dark_one
03-03-2004, 01:44 AM
Go to www.supershadow.com (http://www.supershadow.com) this guy claims to be a very close and personal friend of old George. He says he has the go ahead to make these 3. It wont be until 2019 or something rediculous. But he has what he calls a script plot or something for each movie that you can read.

I believe this guy is just some whack job. His stories dont follow the EU stuff ( books, comics) and I wrote to him asking why there are so many differences and he just said that this is Lucas' true vision, the books and comics are just fantasy stories written by authors.

I know Lucas keeps very close tabs on anything SW related and the authors have to get rights and licensing thru him so I dont believe he would any approval if it strayed too far from his vision.

The sight is worth a visit though.

moppy_j
03-03-2004, 07:50 AM
Here's a tip. Whatever you read on supershadow, think the opposite. The guy is BS. There was a recent thread dedicated to slandering him. There was not a good thing to be said about him because the guy is a loony toon.

As for 7-8-9, i will say no with 99.99% certainty. A star wars saga takes 10 years to make. Geore has said he wants to take 20 years off after finishing ep 3. He will be 80 something then, 90 when it is finished. Plus there is the much harder task of getting Harrison Ford on board. He has publicly said he is done with SW.

grandpa_yoda
03-04-2004, 01:27 AM
1. i dont think harrison ford or any of the
original cast must be in the movies although
it would certainly add to the excitement of those
movies
2. I dont think GL has to do the movies himself
Maybe write the scripts but give up the
directing to someone younger with more energy
might actually be a plus
3. And besides- What will i do when there are
not new figures to collect?????????

moppy_j
03-06-2004, 06:47 AM
It wouldn't be the same without some of the original cast though.

NreRyed
03-06-2004, 09:44 AM
I'll bet a thousand bucks that the so called SuperShadow is probably a super nerdy ufo freak, with a serious skin condition, cheetos on face, glasses thick enough to balance a beer can on top and still lives in his mother's basement.. just look at his filmography images/icons/shocked.gif

The_Chosen_1
03-07-2004, 02:29 PM
The Episode 7-9 scripts sound like definite BS to me. There's some EU stuff in there, but he twists it around. I for one want 7-9 to happen, but only under a few conditions:
1. Bring back the original cast
2. Must fit in with the EU
3. Please be as good if not better than the OT (not going to happen, I know)

If GL could just go with those 3 simple ideas, I'd be happy. images/icons/smile.gif

dark_one
03-07-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by N're Ryed:
I'll bet a thousand bucks that the so called SuperShadow is probably a super nerdy ufo freak, with a serious skin condition, cheetos on face, glasses thick enough to balance a beer can on top and still lives in his mother's basement.. just look at his filmography images/icons/shocked.gif <font size="2" face="arial">Hey, thats me! Just kidding, this guy is very dillusional. Its really funny how many people are fooled by this guy.

NreRyed
03-07-2004, 05:12 PM
lol i think he imagines himself to be princess leia and prance around in a metal bikini everyday images/icons/grin.gif

blaster_E11
03-09-2004, 01:42 AM
if GL decides to do the sequels it will be all CGI images/icons/grin.gif

Jedi1019
03-24-2004, 09:48 AM
Would it really matter if it was the OT cast???? I know i'd go watch it. Hell, I went and seen Caravan of Courage!!!!!!!

Jose_Fiuza
03-24-2004, 09:53 AM
This type of question leads to another:

"What will George Lucas/Lucasfilm (and associated enterprises) do, after Episode III hits the theaters?"

Will he/it live out of the royalties associated with the EU games, novels, comics, cards, etc., and other licenses?

Of course, to us fans, asking if we'd like to watch episodes 7-8-9, is the same as asking the blind man if he'd like to see...

[ 03-24-2004, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: Baron_Ployer ]

Neal
03-24-2004, 11:01 AM
It doesn't matter what Lucas does after Episode III, financially speaking. He's worth roughly $3 billion. No one in his family will ever have to work again.

Jose_Fiuza
03-24-2004, 04:53 PM
I didn't mean to be so... down-to-earth, really. What I meant was: what's gonna happen to the "Galaxy far, far away" after the supposedly "last" movie comes out?
How do we feed our passion for SW? Out of novels? Comics? Cartoons? What? (Not even a TV series?) OK! OK! Don't kill me just yet! images/icons/grin.gif

ARC_Trooper_Cpt
03-24-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by grandpa yoda:
3. And besides- What will i do when there are
not new figures to collect????????? <font size="2" face="arial">be content and happy with what we have move on to something else most likely more worthy of our time in life.

kerra_holt_fan
03-25-2004, 03:30 AM
Ain't gonna happen, as much as we may want it to, there won't be another trilogy

It will be up to us, the fans, to keep Star Wars alive post episode 3

grandpa_yoda
03-25-2004, 09:40 AM
we waited 14 years between rotj and tpm so
anything is possible-the money generated from
these movies(no matter how bad they seem to be)
will be hard to pass up

kerra_holt_fan
03-26-2004, 03:44 AM
Question to Granpa Yoda

What would be the story for episodes 7,8 and 9?

The whole point of the Star Wars saga is that in episode 1, the Force is put out of balance, Obi-Wan feels this right at the start of TPM, by ROTJ Anakin with Luke's help has brought the Force back into balance, end of story.

The Saga is about the Skywalker's role in bringing balance to the Force, this is acheived by the end of ROTJ.

As much as I'd like to see more Star Wars films beyond the six we will have by next year, I don't want anything daft. I'd rather see cartoons set around the existing films, with new characters like Droids only more like the new Clone Wars cartoons

Neil
03-26-2004, 10:20 AM
The franchise will certainly continue, we may get a TV series, another movie spin off and certainly some more anitmation production,
however as much as I would love to see another 3 quality movies we fans will never have it as good as we do now qulaity wise(PT faults aside).

GNT
03-26-2004, 09:12 PM
will be hard to pass up <font size="2" face="arial">Well in another 14 years George will be 74! He'll be way to old to make a whole new series of films unless his children take over.

Durge
03-27-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Bounty Hunter GNT:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by grandpa yoda:
will be hard to pass up <font size="2" face="arial">Well in another 14 years George will be 74! He'll be way to old to make a whole new series of films unless his children take over. </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">He could write the scripts and have someone else direct.

Han_Solo
03-28-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Bounty Hunter GNT:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by grandpa yoda:
will be hard to pass up <font size="2" face="arial">Well in another 14 years George will be 74! He'll be way to old to make a whole new series of films unless his children take over. </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">I didn't know there was an age limit to directing and producing a movie. If he's in good health I see no reason why he couldn't.

Neil
03-29-2004, 06:59 AM
Well he might be healthy, look at Christopher Lee, he's still working.

However another prequel would consist of 10 yrs work and he wouldn't want to commit to that, GL has already stated he wants to do other project and already has the ball rolling on those.

I agree with Durge in that he could do the scripts and productions of those could be good fun.

grandpa_yoda
04-01-2004, 10:30 AM
The original concept idea by Lucas was a
nine parts. When he realized the amount of
material he needed to include he cut back to
3 then eventually to 6. I am sure that although
he may never do 7-9 he has a back story inmind
after all the star wars world does not end
after rotj. I dont care if luke never marries
I would love to see grand admiral thrawn as
a main villian. Besides I will die and shrivel up
when star wars end weep weep images/icons/frown.gif images/icons/frown.gif images/icons/frown.gif images/icons/frown.gif

Trex
04-22-2004, 10:48 AM
When Lucas originally envisioned this 9 part series, did he want to do 4-6, then 1-3, 7-9, or did he want to do 4-6, 7-9, then 1-3... Anyone know about this?

grandpa_yoda
04-22-2004, 03:39 PM
as i understand it george wanted to bring us in the middle of the story. sort of throwing us into the fray. so i would say 4-5-6 were planned that way. then i think he wanted everyone to know how darth vader became darth vader hence 1-2-3. Hopefully he will somehow do 7-8-9

kerra_holt_fan
04-23-2004, 07:37 AM
The original concept idea by Lucas was a
nine parts. When he realized the amount of
material he needed to include he cut back to
3 then eventually to 6. I am sure that although
he may never do 7-9 he has a back story inmind
after all the star wars world does not end
after rotj. I dont care if luke never marries
I would love to see grand admiral thrawn as
a main villian. Besides I will die and shrivel up
when star wars end weep weep images/icons/frown.gif images/icons/frown.gif images/icons/frown.gif images/icons/frown.gif <font size="2" face="arial">((sniff, wipes away a tear))

I'll be sad when the Star Wars movies finish, but remember it's up to us to keep it alive

As long as we remember Star Wars will never die.

I still think (and really hope) that we'll get a cartoon series or something of that ilk

Don't despair Grandpa Yoda, the Force is still strong in this one

bjlevine
04-23-2004, 09:32 AM
I've spent a lot of time studying the early film script drafts. I'm pretty convinced that the 9-chapter concept was developed after the tremendous response to the first film.

Once thought out, he did state that he would do the Prequel Trilogy after Episode 6, but then burnout set in, and he decided to end everything with ROTJ, which pretty much precluded that we were never going to get the final trilogy story as originally envisioned (with Jedi Master Luke taking on the Emperor in Episode 9).

So even if somehow there were going to be a third trilogy, it won't be anything like the original concept, and frankly neither is the PT.

Trex
04-26-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by N're Ryed:
lol i think he imagines himself to be princess leia and prance around in a metal bikini everyday images/icons/grin.gif <font size="2" face="arial">Kind of like Lord Helmet playing with his Spaceballs action figures! images/icons/wink.gif

GNT
04-27-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Trex:
When Lucas originally envisioned this 9 part series, did he want to do 4-6, then 1-3, 7-9, or did he want to do 4-6, 7-9, then 1-3... Anyone know about this? <font size="2" face="arial">Probably from 4-9 then 1-3 but we'll never know.

Durron42
04-29-2004, 07:37 PM
I think it would be pretty boss if Peter Jackson could be his hands on directing 7-9 if Lucas ever decides to allow it to be made. Oh yeah, SuperShadow is the foremost expert on the paranormal and alien knowledge in the world, hence all the time on his hands to make up Star Wars stuff and score with all of these imaginary girls...I mean come on.

GNT
04-29-2004, 10:59 PM
If Peter Jackson did any films they just wouldn't be the same.

bjlevine
04-30-2004, 02:22 PM
&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font size="1" face="arial"&gt;quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;&lt;font size="2" face="arial"&gt;Originally posted by Trex:
&lt;strong&gt; When Lucas originally envisioned this 9 part series, did he want to do 4-6, then 1-3, 7-9, or did he want to do 4-6, 7-9, then 1-3... Anyone know about this? &lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;font size="2" face="arial"&gt;Probably from 4-9 then 1-3 but we'll never know.

Pretty sure it was intended to be 4-6, 1-3 and 7-9 in that order. Most of this was decided between ANH and ESB, and then completely changed between ESB and ROTJ.

Since GL decided to wrap it up with ROTJ, I don't see much sense in doing a 3rd trilogy. The story just isn't there.

And I would much rather see someone like Kevin Smith, who loves Star Wars, than someone like Peter Jackson, do any additional SW films. Definately someone with a sense of humor.

IndianaVader
05-20-2004, 05:26 PM
&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font size="1" face="arial"&gt;quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;&lt;font size="2" face="arial"&gt;Originally posted by Trex:
&lt;strong&gt; When Lucas originally envisioned this 9 part series, did he want to do 4-6, then 1-3, 7-9, or did he want to do 4-6, 7-9, then 1-3... Anyone know about this? &lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;font size="2" face="arial"&gt;Probably from 4-9 then 1-3 but we'll never know.

&lt;hr /&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="post"&gt;

Pretty sure it was intended to be 4-6, 1-3 and 7-9 in that order. Most of this was decided between ANH and ESB, and then completely changed between ESB and ROTJ.

Since GL decided to wrap it up with ROTJ, I don't see much sense in doing a 3rd trilogy. The story just isn't there.

And I would much rather see someone like Kevin Smith, who loves Star Wars, than someone like Peter Jackson, do any additional SW films. Definately someone with a sense of humor.

I prefer no third trilogy, because as you said there would be no good story there. I prefer to see a KOTOR movie loosely or closely based on the game, that alone had an amzing plot and could easily be tinkered and played with to become an excellent movie, and I think another director could pull it off, even if it was a tad different from the StarWars Universe, it is supposed to be a bit radical because things were different and could be stretched out a bit to make an awesome movie while keeping the classic Star Wars feel of OT and PT with an antique-esque look to it as well. Just a thought.

_Max

wolf35946280
06-11-2004, 10:06 PM
What about Irvin Kirschner? (spelling?) Didn't he direct ESB? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Deak_Starkiller
06-12-2004, 12:04 AM
What about Irvin Kirschner? (spelling?) Didn't he direct ESB? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

He did...and Robocop 2 (unfortunately).