PDA

View Full Version : Did Qui Gon and/or Obi-Wan know about the queen?

Durge
02-10-2004, 07:00 AM
Did they know that Padme was actually the queen and that they were using a decoy? When Padme reveals herself before Boss Nass, Qui Gon looks at Obi-Wan and they smile. I wasn't sure how to interpret that, so this inquiry is directed to anyone with information.

02-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Hmmmm.A conundrom of sorts it seems we have here. They may have sensed it, or they may have just been agreeing with eachother that it was very clever.

Durge
02-10-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Jedimaster A'Sharad Hett:
Hmmmm.A conundrom of sorts it seems we have here. They may have sensed it, or they may have just been agreeing with eachother that it was very clever. <font size="2" face="arial">"Meditate on this I will."

Hmmm...

Jedimon2001
02-11-2004, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Durge:
Did they know that Padme was actually the queen and that they were using a decoy? When Padme reveals herself before Boss Nass, Qui Gon looks at Obi-Wan and they smile. I wasn't sure how to interpret that, so this inquiry is directed to anyone with information. <font size="2" face="arial">Lets see, remember in ROTJ when Luke said "The force is strong in my family."? Well, I think Padme used the force but didn't know it as she disguised herself.

Also, this to. The Jedi can't really "sense" who someone really is. In AOTC, Obi-Wan didn't know that guy was Jango, Luke didn't know Vader was his father until Obi-wan told him in ROTJ.

Newob
02-11-2004, 09:18 AM
its my belief that qui-gon and obi-wan senced some deception, that perhaps they cpould tell something was not quite right with everything. i even think that qui-gon may have had strong feelings about when padme went to mos espa , and he told her that the queen trusts his judgement, so shoiuld she, i think that he really had figured out her little scheem, and was just giving her a little something to chew on.

Durge
02-11-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Jedimon2001:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Durge:
Did they know that Padme was actually the queen and that they were using a decoy? When Padme reveals herself before Boss Nass, Qui Gon looks at Obi-Wan and they smile. I wasn't sure how to interpret that, so this inquiry is directed to anyone with information. <font size="2" face="arial">Lets see, remember in ROTJ when Luke said "The force is strong in my family."? Well, I think Padme used the force but didn't know it as she disguised herself.
</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">What? Padme does NOT have force powers. All of that comes from the Skywalker side of the family.

r2d2_26
02-11-2004, 08:07 PM
I personally do not think either Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan knew that Padme was the queen. Maybe they had their suspicions or knew something was going on, but I don't think they knew. Notice how Qui-Gon speaks to the queen, and then how he talks to the "handmaiden" Padme. I don't think he would ever to the her like he did: "The queen trusts my judgment, you should too!" if he knew she was the queen. It does not make sense, in my opinion.

GNT
02-11-2004, 08:32 PM
No from watching the film Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan didn't know she was the queen up untill she reveals herself. Panaka is the only person besides the handmaidens that knew the truth.

echo1441
02-11-2004, 09:09 PM
oh, i fully believe at least qui-qon knew. i think his prodding her in mos espa reveals it. but he also didn't need to overstep his bounds and went along with their game

IndianaVader
02-18-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by eİho1441:
oh, i fully believe at least qui-qon knew. i think his prodding her in mos espa reveals it. but he also didn't need to overstep his bounds and went along with their game <font size="2" face="arial">Yeah, I picked up on it when Qui-Gon gave a sarcastic "The queen trusts my judgement. You should too!" That's why I think Qui-Gon knew, and when she reveals herself I think I remember seeing Qui give a half smile shooting towards Obi. If not them both, I think Qui-Gon knew.

TheoZissou
02-18-2004, 10:40 PM
I agree

Herbert_Ackermans
02-19-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by IndianaVader:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by eİho1441:
oh, i fully believe at least qui-qon knew. i think his prodding her in mos espa reveals it. but he also didn't need to overstep his bounds and went along with their game <font size="2" face="arial">Yeah, I picked up on it when Qui-Gon gave a sarcastic "The queen trusts my judgement. You should too!" That's why I think Qui-Gon knew, and when she reveals herself I think I remember seeing Qui give a half smile shooting towards Obi. If not them both, I think Qui-Gon knew. </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">Me too.

Sorry, couldn't resist... images/icons/grin.gif

Jedi_Knight
02-21-2004, 01:51 AM
I always took Gui Gons little remark as a jab also. He could have even aske Obi if he senced anything to see how preceptive he was. Obi may not have preceived anything or didn't agree with Qui Gon and when it was revealed the look was more of a see Padawan and the return agreement look of you were right.
But that is all my own speculation.

CaptainAlex
02-28-2004, 10:43 AM
I'm thinking Qui-Gon knew what was going on. Obi-Wan, being the wet behind the ears Padiwan, didn't. When the Padme reveals herself as the Queen, Qui Gon has that look like "Am I the only one who knew it all along." Obi-Wan is like "doh! Why didn't I get the memo on this?"

Mike_S
02-28-2004, 06:43 PM
If you watch the directors commentary, Lucas mentions this.

blaster_E11
02-29-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Mike Sarantos:
If you watch the directors commentary, Lucas mentions this. <font size="2" face="arial">we got a winner here !

and for luke's quote about the force being strong in his family, he was only talking about the skywalker branch
besides how could padme develop force powers without the knowledge of the jedi. (as ui gon said about anakin, if he was born in the republic, they could have spotted him sooner)

ARC_Trooper_Cpt
02-29-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by eDurge:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Jedimon2001:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Durge:
</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">What? Padme does NOT have force powers. All of that comes from the Skywalker side of the family. </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">which seems perfectly logical to me, and i'm not saying that this means anything, but the hasbro "force file" on Queen Amidala states that on a scale from one to 20, she has a force power of three... images/icons/wink.gif

who knows, hasbro has messed up some things in the past...