PDA

View Full Version : FOUL! Shoot her, or something!

Durge
01-24-2004, 11:17 PM
Am I the only one who remembers the Neimoidian in the arena yelling "FOUL"? It does not appear in the DVD, but I am positive I heard it in the theater. Anyone else?

GNT
01-25-2004, 02:29 AM
I couldn't find it on my copy that was from the theatre. Where exactly did you hear it?

Durge
01-25-2004, 07:26 AM
The part when Padme injures the Nexu by jumping on it.

GNT
01-25-2004, 07:59 AM
Then no Durge,you must be hearing things because on my copy (my bootleg copy which was filmed in the theatres when it was released before the DVD) doesn't have "foul" anywhere, the line Nute says is "She can't do that...shoot her or something".

Durge
01-25-2004, 08:33 AM
I am POSITIVE I heard him say that.

IndianaVader
01-25-2004, 05:00 PM
While we're on the subject of theatre/DVD changes... I could have sworn they re-did Yoda's
"Begun the Clone Wars have." He said clone differently in theatres rather than in the DVD, is this true?

01-26-2004, 01:46 AM
I think I may have heard it as well.

JoshEEE
01-26-2004, 12:55 PM
I thought he kind of stammers for a moment and says...."Uh" or "What?". Then he says "She can't do that...Shoot her or something".

Kris
01-26-2004, 02:01 PM
Trailer = Begun this clone War has.
Movie = Begun the Clone Wars has.

or was it flipped ? images/icons/tongue.gif

Durge
01-27-2004, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by IndianaVader:
While we're on the subject of theatre/DVD changes... I could have sworn they re-did Yoda's
"Begun the Clone Wars have." He said clone differently in theatres rather than in the DVD, is this true? <font size="2" face="arial">I thought that also. He says it differently in the trailer also.

IndianaVader
01-27-2004, 05:12 PM
Might have been but I rememebr not being able to understand him saying the word clone on the trailer, like "Colre" it sounded funny. I just wondered, because it would make sense if they went back and fixed it for the clarity of the word, as it is a rather important line.

Durge
01-27-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Bounty Hunter GNT:
Then no Durge,you must be hearing things because on my copy (my bootleg copy which was filmed in the theatres when it was released before the DVD) doesn't have "foul" anywhere, the line Nute says is "She can't do that...shoot her or something". <font size="2" face="arial">So you admit to owning a bootleg? You realize bootlegged videos are illegal, don't you?

Jediknight760071
01-28-2004, 12:42 AM
Nobody even knows what he looks like...I don't think he has to worry....

If you're talking about "Foul" as in Foul Ball....I didn't here that.

To me...JoshEEE's guess is closest to my reflection, but it has been a while.

Willy_Wampa
01-28-2004, 02:22 AM
Perhaps you're recalling the novelization or the comic adaptation. Nute yells "Foul" in both.
The comic has it in big green letters. Haven't seen a film version of it though.

Newob
01-31-2004, 06:46 AM
no, no, no. you heard my wife say foul, right after i broke wind. images/icons/grin.gif

Durge
04-20-2004, 01:29 PM
Proof:

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RgCdArsVkBWisUJSKQmuOiRXEqMK2WRMPCAagJFL1c8WoJWqb npl8IMXHL3bQX4uJq7k!2xlrwTvsL!123spUjueo1EANgfDnbq AwOCA7vE/foul_top.jpg?dc=4675468890880838743

See, the comic people heard it, and I am positive I did too. This is my proof that I did not make this up.

JoshEEE
04-20-2004, 01:54 PM
Methinks you read the comic book, then reimagined what you think you heard in the theater.

As someone who saw it 7 or 8 times in a digital venue (in one of the best theaters in our great nation on top of that), I'm sure I would have remembered him shouting "FOUL!"

images/icons/wink.gif

ARC_Trooper_Cpt
04-20-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Kris:
Trailer = Begun this clone War has.
Movie = Begun the Clone Wars has.

or was it flipped ? images/icons/tongue.gif <font size="2" face="arial">no, you've got it right (except in the second one you need to drop the s on "wars"). what is up with that? I mean, if they wanted "Clone" word clarity, why did they have to change "this" to "the"? "This" is the perfect word for that line!!! It makes it sound like Yoda knew that "the" Clone War was going to happen sometime and BAM! here it is! images/icons/tongue.gif no, no, no! oh well... images/icons/grin.gif

GNT
04-20-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Durge:
So you admit to owning a bootleg? You realize bootlegged videos are illegal, don't you? <font size="2" face="arial">Obviously since I said "my bootleg copy" in the post images/icons/rolleyes.gif It was only for home use while the wait was on for them to release the AOTC DVD 2 or so years ago. Maybe you should take up the issue with people who own bootleg DVDs of the OT cause I know alot of people here have them (I do remember a very large thread in the OT film section about it as well) so perhaps you should just drop the issue and stop worrying about what everyone else here is doing offline. Do I watch it anymore? No I have the real thing now so I don't need to watch it plus it was the best either.

I'm sure collectors who have OT/PT bootleg DVDs have them to watch only, not to sell to make a profit of any kind

See, the comic people heard it, and I am positive I did too. This is my proof that I did not make this up.<font size="2" face="arial">Strange that only the comic people can remember it when you take into consideration that it only appeared in the comic and the book. Josh said it best "Methinks you read the comic book, then reimagined what you think you heard in the theater."

Wokling
04-22-2004, 10:58 AM
There are many parts/lines in the comic adaptation that arent in the final movie. And I remember Nute saying "She cant do that" etc etc, not foul.

blaster_E11
04-27-2004, 12:19 AM
i think josheee and wokling are right

blaster_E11
06-17-2004, 12:59 PM
i've checked it's on page nine of the 4th part of the SW ep II AOTC (DH may 2002)