PDA

View Full Version : Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi?

11-17-2003, 06:19 PM
Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan? Is it concievable that these two men are from the same planet? Star Wars planets have proven to have similarities in the names of their inhabitants. Padme, Corde, Sabe: Naboo. An piece in one of the Star Wars RPG books once listed planets and names native to them.

The six letters, divided with the hyphen seem to indicate that Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan could possibly originate from the same planet where this sytle is used to name.

If so, what planet do you think that this might be? Are there references in the Expanded Universe that might also tie into this possibility?

naboo_pilot
12-16-2003, 09:26 PM
I think that you're right. I do believe that they're from the same planet. Similar names would elude to the same homeworld. I hope against hope that Qui-Gon shows up in E3. He is my favorite character in the SW universe. Obi-Wan Kenobi both young and old is my second fave. I would love to see him in a jedi holocron in the temple or as a spirit guide. I would also love to see him in a flashback scene. It could work in either Anikin's or Kenobi's story line.

Mobile_Artillery
01-01-2004, 12:00 AM
You're probably right. I'd love to hear what other people think about this.

bjlevine
01-07-2004, 04:13 PM
Yeah, it makes sense:

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Qui-Gon Jinn
Jar-Jar Binks

I can even see the resemblence. images/icons/tongue.gif

I guess this means that Mary-Kate Olsen is from the same planet too, but Ashley isn't. Sucks for her. images/icons/grin.gif

Inigo_Montoya
01-09-2004, 03:16 PM
I've always suspected they were from the same culture as well.
Maybe in Ep. III we'll learn that Qui-Gon was Obi-Wan's uncle, or something.

What I'd really like to know is who discovered Obi-Wan's Force capabilities and brought him to Coruscant. That is, if he was born off Coruscant.

01-24-2004, 12:31 PM
Makes sense them being the same species and having similar names.

Newob
01-31-2004, 07:13 AM
This is a great and interesting idea, save one thing. Jedi are discovered early near infantcy, so who does the naming, and how would we know if Qui-Gon is Obi-wans' uncle. and another thing, perhaps mary-kate is from the same planet, and ashley could be her clone? images/icons/shocked.gif