PDA

View Full Version : Do you think

bjlevine
11-12-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by kitt1987:
that we will possibly see some y-wings in action if Ep 3? Since they were supposed to be older ships in the oT I'd kinda like to see them in action for the final sw flick! <font size="2" face="arial">It does make you think. The Imperials use the TIE design in their fighters. So who the heck came up with the X/Y/A/B-wing designs that the Rebels took up? They must be surplus something, or do they have a secret supplier that the Empire doesn't know about?

I'm sure that there's some crappy EU explanation for this, but I'd like to know from the movies.

C'mon, George...Episode 3.5 - Birth of the Rebellion (written and directed by someone else)

Herbert_Ackermans
11-12-2003, 05:28 PM
It would've been wise if the Naboo-fighter would have beared some resemblance to either the X- or Y-Wing.

kitt1987
11-13-2003, 01:46 AM
that we will possibly see some y-wings in action if Ep 3? Since they were supposed to be older ships in the oT I'd kinda like to see them in action for the final sw flick!

Mobile_Artillery
11-29-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Herbert Ackermans:
It would've been wise if the Naboo-fighter would have beared some resemblance to either the X- or Y-Wing. <font size="2" face="arial">It's a big galaxy. The Y-wing does resemble the Naboo Starfighter somewhat. I guess we'll have to wait till EP3.

bjlevine
12-01-2003, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Imperial Techie:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Herbert Ackermans:
It would've been wise if the Naboo-fighter would have beared some resemblance to either the X- or Y-Wing. <font size="2" face="arial">It's a big galaxy. The Y-wing does resemble the Naboo Starfighter somewhat. I guess we'll have to wait till EP3. </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">I guess it does...in that they both fly in space. Not sure I see any other resemblence.

Also, since Alderaan is supposed to be a "peaceful" planet with no weapons, its pretty safe to assume that the "Wings" come from elsewhere.