PDA

View Full Version : Isn't there anyone who can join me in the dislike of Yoda's AOTC battle?

Daigo_Bah
09-12-2003, 09:18 PM
I feel like I'm going against the vast majority here, but from the moment Yoda's lightsaber battle began, I felt betrayed inside, like George sold out the character. I've never been able to accept it, and I now openly admit that it was just uncharacteristic in my eyes. In fact, I've never liked the fact that Yoda carries a lightsaber (and I won't like it if Sidious wields one either). I believe that true masters forsake the physical weapons, both due to ability and understanding that they are countrproductive to true peace. Anybody else?

GNT
09-13-2003, 01:29 AM
Since Yoda is a Jedi there would be no reason for him not to have a lightsaber, I guess the same could go for Palpatin who is a Sith lord. To me Yoda wouldn't use a lightsaber but hey he did and it was pretty good,perhaps he loses his lightsaber in EP3?

Matt_Fury
09-13-2003, 09:01 PM
Yoda's a Jedi Master, which means he is an expert in everything it takes to be a Jedi. Why wouldn't he not use a lightsaber?

Eight_Nunb
09-13-2003, 11:28 PM
u are crazy. That is one of the most awesome action scenes in the entire Star Wars saga. Who hasn't waited 20+ years to see Yoda fight?

Yes, before the prequels there was the general belief that Jedi Masters didn't use lightsabers, but instead used their mastery of the force to fight. But did GL make this rule up, or someone else?

Willy_Wampa
09-14-2003, 12:17 AM
I have to agree that the lightsaber is a Jedi's weapon, so Yoda is likely to carry one. Notice it's not his first choice, however...and he only resorts to its use when it's obvious the battle between he and Dooku will not be solved through other means.
One has to also consider the Yoda we see in AOTC is not the same as the one we meet in ESB.
He's been alone on Dagobah for some time and developed that Wilford Brimley grandfatherly wisdom aspect. Perhaps if the ESB Yoda were to take on Dooku, it wouldn't be in the same way.

09-14-2003, 08:23 AM
they are countrproductive to true peace.
<font size="2" face="arial">I disagree. They are if you go around, slashing up peacful people, but in this case, where he was up against a man who would continue to undermine peace in the Galaxy, it was right.

[ 09-14-2003, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: Gold 6 ]

Daigo_Bah
09-15-2003, 08:33 AM
I knew I wouldn't get any sympathy for my beliefs! I like to think that the lightsaber is a weapon for the Jedi Knight, not the master. I would think that Yoda would be entirely defensive, like using the force to block saber blows. After all, he was entirely defensive with the rock pieces and metal pieces in the hangar, but as soon as he drew his lightsaber, he was a maniac. At the very least, he could have stood there deflecting blows until Dooku gave up and tried to escape.

bjlevine
09-15-2003, 09:28 AM
I think that my initial response, like just about everyone, was that it was supper-cool seeing Yoda in action.

In retrospect, I have reservations...not about his use of a lightsaber, but about the way they had him jumping around like a kangaroo on speed. I watch it now and it just looks goofy to me.

Absorbing and reflecting the Force Lightning, on the other hand, was awesome.

JeedaiProphet
09-16-2003, 10:20 AM
Yoda is known amongst the Jedi as a great swordsman...BUT, the fight in Ep2 was somewhat silly. Of course, everyone in the theatre loved it, and I guess thats the main point from GL's wallet's point of view. at any rate, why diddnt yoda just force push Obi and Ani out of the way quickly and finished Dooku instead of struggling with the thing that was falling on them?

Mike_S
10-04-2003, 05:18 PM
images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Deak_Starkiller
10-05-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by jeedaiprophet:
why diddnt yoda just force push Obi and Ani out of the way quickly and finished Dooku instead of struggling with the thing that was falling on them? <font size="2" face="arial">I'd certainly be grateful about being pushed out the way (rather suddenly) from a immense falling structure, but with either a massive tear in my arm and leg or a severed forearm, I'd certainly be in a whole lot of hurting afterwards! (But I suppose that better than the other alternative!) images/icons/grin.gif

Til next report...

IndianaVader
10-05-2003, 08:45 PM
Although I loved the brilliantly executed lightsaber battle, It might have been cool to see Yoda use the force and only the force to fight his battle.

We could have seen him moving the pillars away from Ani and Obi with ease, not even looking at it just to show how great of a master he is, unlike in the movie we saw Yoda make that goofy constipated face like he crapped his pants. he could have used that debris and shove it at Dooku or something.

All in all the saber fight was very nicely done in my opinion.

Mini_Rock_Banned
10-06-2003, 02:07 AM
Seeing Yoda fight with his saber was awesome, and brilliant of GL to put it in the movie. My only gripe is I wish it was longer.

I know it's real easy to say Yoda should have done this or that after the fact, after seeing the finished product, but that's easy. Also, anyone who has ever been in a fight knows you do not have time to 2nd guess yourself. You may do it afterwords if you lose though. images/icons/smile.gif

jbwan
10-06-2003, 10:05 AM
I think that scene would have worked better if Yoda had 'force' grabbed either Anakin's or Obi-Wan's lightsaber to defend himself against Dooku, rather than carrying and using his own. Yoda has no need to lug a hefty saber around with him wherever he goes.

I also think that the contrast between Yoda's apparent frailty, when he first entered the scene, and his amazing agility during the fight was too great.

Kris
10-09-2003, 01:19 PM
looks like you are on your own, cause I also think the duel was excelent images/icons/grin.gif

DukeJoey__of_ERG
10-12-2003, 12:14 AM
Waste of twenty seconds of my LIFE!!!!!!!!! Kermit the frog on steroids with a lightsaber. I join Spartacus here, that fight was just another piece of dazzle in place of something more (subjective term, I know) real. What would have made it just a tad more credible, adressing the size difference, would be more running on Yoda's part and perhaps a longer lightsaber blade. I could take Yoda running and MAYBE a single impressive hop, but having a character that's completely unlike the abilities we have seen is just asking too much of the audience. When I think "master", I think about minimalism: the least amount of motion needed to produce effect. Fast,yes. Powerful, yes. Screaming at the top of their lungs and hopping around the room like Daffy Duck? NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNo. It was a gimmick that dazzled the people.........it's wearing off. It was a cheap way to show off, and so Matrix that everyone invloved should be ashamed.

Darth_Mack
11-05-2003, 04:07 PM
I laughed the first time I saw Yoda fight. I liked it when he pushed back his cloak like a gunslinger, but I wasn't expecting him to jump like a frog during the fight. I thought all that hopping around was ridiculous, but now I'm used to it.

Philbirt
11-05-2003, 05:39 PM
I agree with DukeJoey completely. "Ashamed," "Pathetic," "Ridiculous." Those are the words that come to mind. The word "Brilliant" and GL should not be used in the same sentence.

I was embarassed watching Yoda act like a Ninja. What's next?: An airborne R2-D2?? Oh wait, they did that. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out that C-3PO has X-ray vision and Ben Kenobi has lightning bolts coming out of his....

Carnor_Jax
11-06-2003, 12:43 AM
Here's a thought..."Only Jedi Knights Use Lightsabers??"

WRONG!!!

Jedi Master's use them as well

Like Mace Windu,Obi-Wan etc. all have the title of MASTER like Yoda does... images/icons/rolleyes.gif

And YES sith masters/apprentice's likewise use saber's AS well as other force powers.... images/icons/blush.gif

[ 11-05-2003, 11:44 PM: Message edited by: Carnor Jax ]

Baltan_Seijin
11-06-2003, 03:17 AM
Isn't there anyone who can join me in the dislike of Yoda's AOTC battle? <font size="2" face="arial">Yes, I hate the scene. Sure it was funnier than hell seeing the little green turd fly around the Count like a pestering laser sword-wielding varmint, but I don’t think laughter at stupidity was what the filmmakers were aiming for. Yoda was reduced to just another cheap gimmick- he traded in his venerable character for a two-bit show of pirouettes and mass-pleasing schlock. The prequels suck.

[ 11-06-2003, 02:17 AM: Message edited by: OrionSlaveLotion ]

bjlevine
11-06-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by OrionSlaveLotion:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial"> Isn't there anyone who can join me in the dislike of Yoda's AOTC battle? <font size="2" face="arial">Yes, I hate the scene. Sure it was funnier than hell seeing the little green turd fly around the Count like a pestering laser sword-wielding varmint, but I don’t think laughter at stupidity was what the filmmakers were aiming for. Yoda was reduced to just another cheap gimmick- he traded in his venerable character for a two-bit show of pirouettes and mass-pleasing schlock. The prequels suck. </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">The more I think about it, the more I think that scene needed Yoda shouting out some Speedy Gonzalez stuff. images/icons/grin.gif

bobaphat28
11-06-2003, 10:45 AM
The whole scene was pretty lame if you ask me. I cant really imagine how it was that Yoda was even able to move like that. It was extremely overly animated and not remotely believeable. Then after all is done Yoda assumes his normal feeble stance with the cane ....come on! I wasnt opposed to see Yoda weilding a saber but within reason ...maybe couldve showed him deflecting a couple blaster bolts or something with it, but to have him flipping all over like he did was more comical than anything....too me it is right up there in the lameness that is JAR JAR BINKS. All of it was done for the foolish novelty of it and to make the pockets of GL fatter! Dont get me wrong I like Yoda....but that was totally out of his character and cheesy!

Darth_Mack
11-06-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Philbirt:
The word "Brilliant" and GL should not be used in the same sentence. <font size="2" face="arial">Yeah, he only created the whole friggin' SW saga. What a dope. images/icons/rolleyes.gif

If GL hadn't put pen to paper and then later brought his ideas to life, there'd be no SW films at all, no rebelscum.com, no forum, no discussion. Maybe you don't agree with all of his decisions, but it was his brilliance that gave birth to a series of films that we all love to watch and discuss.

Herbert_Ackermans
11-08-2003, 06:42 PM
Which means all his later decissions and movies are equally brilliant?

I've yet to see anyone here going berserk and criticising Kerschner and Marquand for their work.

So far the movies that attract all the Flak here are TPM, AOTC and the SEs. All of which are GL products.

Or is McCallum here the dark side?

Agreed, GL created Star Wars in 1977 and that was a brilliant piece of movie-work. And he wisely let others do the sequels. Anyone care to give the reasons for GL sidestepping from directing HIS story back then and not being able to do that now with the PT?

Most will agree that GL lost his SW touch, which showed in 1997 with the SEs.

Cleaning up print and improving FX is fine, but cramming in scenes and changes for the "Looky-looky" how nice is CG is NOT a sign of brilliance.

Darth_Mack
11-09-2003, 09:10 PM
Philbirt's commment was that GL and "brilliant" should not be used in the same sentence. I'm simply commenting that a blanket statement like that is ridiculous. Even if you think every decision Lucas has made in recent years is poor, that doesn't negate the fact that he had a brilliant idea back in the 70s for an epic saga set in outer space.

Philbirt
11-10-2003, 02:28 PM
Thank you for saying that twice images/icons/wink.gif

I agree with Herbert 100%. Ok, 'brilliant' and GL could be used together if we are talking about 20 years ago or more. The SE's & prequels are pure special effects. Especially the pre's.. I mean, come on George. Virtually every scene in these movies is a "look what we can do" scene. It is way too much. An absolute overload of graphics- every 2 seconds something jumps out of the screen and says "look at how cool these graphics are!" The ultimate irony here is that for the most part, the CGI in these movies really sucks.

The greatest achievement in the original trilogy is the manner in which the effects are used. They are never showing off. Most of the spaceships were made using bits & pieces of model airplanes. GL made ANH so realistic, that half-way through the film you have to remind yourself that they are actually in a studio, not aboard a Space Station.

And I don't know about you guys, but I NEVER noticed the 'red blur' below the Landspeeder on Tatoooine in ANH until the interviews w/GL when the SE's came out. He is so proud of himself for 'cleaning up that mess' that nobody ever noticed or cared about for 20 years. Way to go George!

[/complaint]

I will end with these words: "A special effect is just a tool- a means of telling a story. A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing." (George Lucas, From Star Wars to Jedi.

Phil

Darth_Mack
11-10-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Philbirt:
Ok, 'brilliant' and GL could be used together if we are talking about 20 years ago or more. <font size="2" face="arial">Thank you for saying that. By the way, I actually agree with you and Herbert that many of George's recent decisions have been disappointing (to say the least), especially his overuse of special effects.

r2d2_26
11-22-2003, 08:31 PM
I don't mind the fact tha Yoda uses a lightsaber. After all, he is a Jedi Master. On the other hand, I always thought that Yoda's saber duel with Dooku was an "exageration". On the DVD they said it was very easy for the duel to look funny instead of something serious, as he was fighting against the leader of the Separatist movement (and a Sith), plus we had never seen him doing anything like that before. They tried to make it look not-funny, but in my opinion it still looks very awkward. I like his confrontation with Dooku until before they use their lighsabers. The only good thing about the duel, in my opinion, is that we get to see how the Force can give Yoda and any Jedi certain capabilities, at least temporarily (such as relief from arthritis and pain, being able to jump high, etc.).

bjlevine
11-24-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by r2d2_26:
I don't mind the fact tha Yoda uses a lightsaber. After all, he is a Jedi Master. On the other hand, I always thought that Yoda's saber duel with Dooku was an "exageration". On the DVD they said it was very easy for the duel to look funny instead of something serious, as he was fighting against the leader of the Separatist movement (and a Sith), plus we had never seen him doing anything like that before. They tried to make it look not-funny, but in my opinion it still looks very awkward. I like his confrontation with Dooku until before they use their lighsabers. The only good thing about the duel, in my opinion, is that we get to see how the Force can give Yoda and any Jedi certain capabilities, at least temporarily (such as relief from arthritis and pain, being able to jump high, etc.). <font size="2" face="arial">The whole thing would've worked better if they just slowed down Yoda's motion. Its like some of the Jedi jumps in TPM, which looked more like Superman (or even Luke's jump in the carbon chamber). Slow 'em down and they look more realistic, which is obviously not what GL wanted.

DukeJoey__of_ERG
11-28-2003, 01:22 AM
QUOTE]Yeah, he only created the whole friggin' SW saga. What a dope. images/icons/rolleyes.gif
[/QB]<font size="2" face="arial">Yeah I'm gonna comment on that one. He made one movie..........ONE. He didn't direct the others, he didn't write the others. He hated the work on ESB, which alone tells me that this guy does not know good work. He thought ANH wasn't done properly, and he ruined it. This guy made a single film which may have led to a great series, but would most likely have sucked melonballs had he done either of the other two. He may have vision, he may be a genius, but he's a shoddy director that managed through great actors and 10,000 years of legends and stories that pre-dated modern civilization....to make a single good film. There have been over a hundred books in the EU that created new worlds, characters, etc. Lucas didn't write ONE of them, not a single page of released text. He started the game, but he can't play anymore. He didn't create the saga, he dressed up someone else's.

bjlevine
11-28-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by DukeJoey, of ERG:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">QUOTE]Yeah, he only created the whole friggin' SW saga. What a dope. images/icons/rolleyes.gif
<font size="2" face="arial">Yeah I'm gonna comment on that one. He made one movie..........ONE. He didn't direct the others, he didn't write the others. He hated the work on ESB, which alone tells me that this guy does not know good work. He thought ANH wasn't done properly, and he ruined it. This guy made a single film which may have led to a great series, but would most likely have sucked melonballs had he done either of the other two. He may have vision, he may be a genius, but he's a shoddy director that managed through great actors and 10,000 years of legends and stories that pre-dated modern civilization....to make a single good film. There have been over a hundred books in the EU that created new worlds, characters, etc. Lucas didn't write ONE of them, not a single page of released text. He started the game, but he can't play anymore. He didn't create the saga, he dressed up someone else's. [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">I have to comment, here.

I think that if you look at the early evolution of Star Wars (based on the script drafts), Lucas was always interested in creating a "serious" story. Yet the story evolves into ANH, which is a pretty funny story (mostly thanks Han Solo...the droids were always supposed to be funny). I give Lucas a lot of credit for taking the story this direction, as its part of what makes Star Wars great.

And if you read about their development, GL had much influence over the other films in the OT. I would say that ROTJ suffers from lets-end-this-thing-now-itis (and the lack of Gary Kurtz input), but Lucas still oversaw everything.

I think that with the PT, Lucas just did not put the same effort that he put into the original story (4 script drafts over 3 years), but was much more concerned with what he could do with digital effects. I have been very vocal that the PT has lost the "flavor" of Star Wars. Maybe Lucas has lost his touch over the years, but I personally believe that if he was willing to put the effort in, he could've come up with a much better story.

Tyranusspotting
12-04-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by DukeJoey, of ERG:

<font size="2" face="arial">Yeah I'm gonna comment on that one. He made one movie..........ONE. He didn't direct the others, he didn't write the others. He hated the work on ESB, which alone tells me that this guy does not know good work. He thought ANH wasn't done properly, and he ruined it. This guy made a single film which may have led to a great series, but would most likely have sucked melonballs had he done either of the other two. He may have vision, he may be a genius, but he's a shoddy director that managed through great actors and 10,000 years of legends and stories that pre-dated modern civilization....to make a single good film. There have been over a hundred books in the EU that created new worlds, characters, etc. Lucas didn't write ONE of them, not a single page of released text. He started the game, but he can't play anymore. He didn't create the saga, he dressed up someone else's. [/QB][/QUOTE]

He DID have a lots of influence on ALL the movies.
I wasn´t sure for quite a time what Lucas actually did except for ANH but after doing a little research I knew just how much this guy did.
So, DukeJoey. You are a real idiot. It really starts to **** me off how many people are bashing Lucas and everything he does (or doesn´t).
images/icons/blush.gif

[ 12-04-2003, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: Tyrannusspotting_Binks ]

Herbert_Ackermans
12-04-2003, 10:11 PM
Lucas just wants Star Wars to be kids-movies.

That already started in ANH.

Several storyboards that didn't make it into the movie show some gruesome scenes, for instance Vader ripping an arm off of the rebel he holds, a stormtrooper splattering his helmet, face and skull all over the screen after getting hit in the head.

With the PT, he has completely pulled the creative responsibilty upon himself. He okays the designs, writes the script and directs the movie.

His influence on TESB and ROTJ is naturally substantial, these are movies to represent his story, his vision but 2 other directors made them.

And that is were people fail to see the difference. For GL can be a great visionair, he is NOT a good director.

Many critics now praise Hayden for his stellar performance in Shattered Glass, whereas they completely burnt his part in AOTC to the ground.

bjlevine
12-05-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Herbert Ackermans:
Lucas just wants Star Wars to be kids-movies.

That already started in ANH.

Several storyboards that didn't make it into the movie show some gruesome scenes, for instance Vader ripping an arm off of the rebel he holds, a stormtrooper splattering his helmet, face and skull all over the screen after getting hit in the head.

With the PT, he has completely pulled the creative responsibilty upon himself. He okays the designs, writes the script and directs the movie.

His influence on TESB and ROTJ is naturally substantial, these are movies to represent his story, his vision but 2 other directors made them.

And that is were people fail to see the difference. For GL can be a great visionair, he is NOT a good director.

Many critics now praise Hayden for his stellar performance in Shattered Glass, whereas they completely burnt his part in AOTC to the ground. <font size="2" face="arial">But the fact is, GL wrote the script for and directed ANH, so we know he is capable of doing great (same with American Graffiti, which many people love). The only conclusion I can make is that either GL has lost it, or that he did not put serious effort into the script and characters of the PT. I'm willing to go with the latter, as it appears that he has put much more effort into the technical design than into the actual story.

If you look at each of the primary actors in the PT, they have all made movies where their acting skills were highly praised.

Herbert_Ackermans
12-06-2003, 06:26 AM
Exactly.

There's a link to an interview with Ewan McGreggor on comingsoon.net in which he tells a bit about the prequels.

"The focus in the three I've made has been the technology and that's a mistake, I think. If what's in the foreground isn't as interesting as what's in the background, you're in trouble. Certainly on set, the energy is spent on the background. So that is maybe something where they've slightly gone askew."<font size="2" face="arial">

Jedi_Knight
12-11-2003, 04:03 PM
I think it was done perfectly. They made it fit the design of the character also. How else would a character in such small stature and frog like fight. With quickness and a lot of jumping.
Perfectly done IMO.

bjlevine
12-12-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Jedi_Knight:
I think it was done perfectly. They made it fit the design of the character also. How else would a character in such small stature and frog like fight. With quickness and a lot of jumping.
Perfectly done IMO. <font size="2" face="arial">Glad you liked it.

To illustrate my point, try watching the same fight scene, only with the Mos Eisley Cantina song in the background as they fight. I just think that Grover...err...Yoda was done a bit too fast for believability's sake.

Jedi_Knight
12-12-2003, 12:04 PM
Yes and the whole force speed, jump, light sabers, deflecting laser bolts is also so believable.

NreRyed
12-13-2003, 12:10 PM
I think this thread is another one of those.. it's now how it looked when i was 3!!!

god, i hope they don't do any scenes at dagobah for ep3 or we'll be likely to hear things like.. "damn the swamp is not as murky as last time.. damn the swamp is not as dense as last time.. damn why do they have to explain the reason behind the dark side cave.. etc etc..."

NreRyed
12-13-2003, 12:11 PM
one thing i didn't like too much about yoda's battle though was his constipated look when stopping the piller from falling on obi and ani

12-13-2003, 12:56 PM
All I can say is It Rocked and that was one of the best saber battles ever, In the books Alot of Jedi move like that. Superspeed.

DukeJoey__of_ERG
12-19-2003, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by Jedi N're Ryed:

god, i hope they don't do any scenes at dagobah for ep3 or we'll be likely to hear things like.. "damn the swamp is not as murky as last time.. damn the swamp is not as dense as last time.. damn why do they have to explain the reason behind the dark side cave.. etc etc..." <font size="2" face="arial">Ya know, I've been hearing this fanboy BS for years now; that there can be no comparing. That Hamill wasn't that great and the FX weren't as great as now.
If a movie is good, it's just good. If it's overblown, underwritten, over-FX'd, and completely without believability or the ability to convince......IT SUCKS! Yoda went from the most advanced puppet ever made to the goofiest fighter this side of Daffy Duck on speed. The fight was choreographed by FX guys, why the heck do you think it looks so silly? Even in ROTJ, a swordmaster was in charge of all fights, putting on the Vader armor himself to make sure it loked right. Yoda was a gimmick, which is sad as the animation came so close to what we knew back then; totally pissed away with that godawful fight scene. There's no heart left in this franchise.

Chancellor_Peter
12-22-2003, 11:22 PM
Nope, I still think that Yoda' Lightsaber duel with Count Dooku is still one of the highlights of Star Wars Episode II. However, to leave a positive imprint on us SW Fans, there should not be a rehash of this in the upcoming Episode III. The climatic Lightsaber duel between Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker should be the main highlight, and there should NO screw-ups here that would result in an anti-climax.

[ 12-22-2003, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: Vintage GentleMan ]

Ernest___Julio
12-29-2003, 10:20 PM
I also thought it sucked.

On the other hand, if Anakin dueled with Dooku with 2 sabers for more than thirty seconds, that scene would have rocked. People love to see innovative things, and we've never seen someone fight with 2 sabers before. That aspect was highly underutilized, which surprises me, since Maul's double-sided saber was such a huge part of TPM.

[ 12-29-2003, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: kingkirk04 ]

Ernest___Julio
12-29-2003, 10:21 PM
double post

[ 12-29-2003, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: kingkirk04 ]

DukeJoey__of_ERG
12-31-2003, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by Vintage GentleMan:
Nope, I still think that Yoda' Lightsaber duel with Count Dooku is still one of the highlights of Star Wars Episode II. <font size="2" face="arial">That isn't saying much. It was pretty much the ONLY highlight, and a shallow highlight at that. I would say all style and no substance, but it wasn't that stylish. Lame.

DukeJoey__of_ERG
12-31-2003, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by kingkirk04:
I also thought it sucked.

On the other hand, if Anakin dueled with Dooku with 2 sabers for more than thirty seconds, that scene would have rocked. <font size="2" face="arial">It lasted between 6 and 7 seconds. I kid you not.I have no hope for the future.

Chancellor_Peter
12-31-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by DukeJoey, of ERG :

That isn't saying much. It was pretty much the ONLY highlight, and a shallow highlight at that. I would say all style and no substance, but it wasn't that stylish. Lame. <font size="2" face="arial">Then what do you define as having style & substance and not lame? Something like this : http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_124.gif

bjlevine
12-31-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Vintage GentleMan:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by DukeJoey, of ERG :

That isn't saying much. It was pretty much the ONLY highlight, and a shallow highlight at that. I would say all style and no substance, but it wasn't that stylish. Lame. <font size="2" face="arial">Then what do you define as having style & substance and not lame? Something like this : http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_124.gif </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">Exactly!!! images/icons/wink.gif

Seriously, it just looked to CG for me. Had they slowed it down some, and did a few less of the hyperactive flips, I think it would have looked better (and I'm all for seeing Yoda in action).

But in the larger context, this is a minor issue. I have bigger gripes with the PT than the Yoda fight scene.