PDA

View Full Version : How are you doing in remaining spoiler-free?

Balki
09-04-2003, 01:07 AM
I manged to avoid spoilers almost totally for TPM. For AOTC, I totally blew it and knew just about everything, most disappointingly the wedding scene. I have little willpower when it comes to this stuff.

However, for Ep. III, I've only seen one pic, and that's Obi-Wan's new look. I've managed to avoid reading every other spy report.

How's everyone else doing?

spiderlegs
09-04-2003, 02:26 PM
I sucked up spoilers left and right for TPM. I m3ean, come on: the first NEW STAR WARS flick in 16 years (by the time it was released), how could you not want to know EVERYTHING!

Well, then I saw it and loved it initially, but then...eh...

So, I went spoiler-free for EII, but I saw it the day before it was released nationwide, so I felt like I still "got something before everyone else."

For EIII, neither will I read spoilers, nor will I seek out to be 'first to see it.' I will be happy with seeing it that night before at midnight and hopefully be completely surprised by what I see.

I will go you one further and say I've even curtailed my reading of the INSIDER until after EIII comes out. Two years is a long time to wait, though. But that IS my plan.

Inigo_Montoya
09-04-2003, 03:04 PM
I've done okay. For the most part I've only read thread titles and such about things that have been a given for years now. I still don't know any specifics concerning who battles who, or when characters are biting it, etc.
Different revelations with AOTC, especially the feeling of frustration I felt after reading that Jango would be decapitated made me swear off spoilers for Ep. III.
I also just want my first viewing to be really new and special, since this will be the final and big one that reveals many of the Saga's mysteries.

Diddly_Squat
09-04-2003, 07:34 PM
I wasn't hooked up to the internet for TPM, so I avoided every single spoiler and bit of news there was.

I didn't frequent any Star Wars sites when AOTC was being filmed, so once again I remained spoiler free.

The only spoilers I've read about Episode 3 are the Dooku character stuff, and the Obi/Anakin Duel.

spiderlegs
09-05-2003, 09:28 AM
Yeah, but the Obi Wan/Anakin duel has been a part of the mythos since '77 when Lucas, in an interview, explained how Darth Vader came to wear his armor...

Neal
09-05-2003, 11:06 PM
I'm not even trying to remain spoiler-free, and I like it that way.
If I were to try, it would be nothing but a lesson in failure.
I have no will power when it comes to Star Wars.

09-16-2003, 02:56 AM
Impossible to do between here and theforce.net I wish to know nothing at all but thats impossible it's like Star Wars crack you get a little and you want more

GNT
09-16-2003, 04:30 AM
I'm a spoiler junky,I found out how Maul and Qui-Gon were going to die before I went to see it from a comic book,it went downhill from there.

For AOTC I read a script that was making the rounds, it didn't ruin the film because by the time I saw it I was in awe over what was happening and that I'd mostly forgotten what was mentioned.

For EP3 I plan not to read any scripts but will know the basics of the film eg fights, characters etc that will occur.

However for those that are going spoiler free for the last episode, go into the film with an open mind or else you'll be sitting there complaining that what you've thought for the last 25 years didn't happen on screen this may cause you not to like the film at all and we wouldn't like that,an example might be...for a long time its been rumoured but a lava scene which Anakin falls into, George has probably come up with something different so by going in you'd be expecting this scene to occur and when something happens instead you'd be upset that it didn't happen.

Neil
09-16-2003, 08:44 AM
"I'm a spoiler junky,I found out how Maul and Qui-Gon were going to die before I went to see it from a comic book,it went downhill from there."

I did the same thing, I had no idea of the plot for TPM but read the comic before seeing the movie
I made a point of not getting the graphic novel for AOTC, I enjoyed AOTC a lot more even though I soaked up all the spoilers.

I just cant stay spoiler free when I know the spy reports are just a click away, its a bit like when I opened my carded R2 Q5, lol. Wasn't disapointed though.

JeedaiProphet
09-16-2003, 10:34 AM
I just dont want to hear any details of unexpected events in the story. No alarms and no surprises. Still photos and trailers I CANT WAIT FOR!!!

spiderlegs
09-16-2003, 10:45 AM
I didn't find out about Qui-Gon dying until I was standing in line to SEE the damned thing!

Balki
09-17-2003, 11:22 AM
Oh, *****. I just blew it again by checking out those images from the French magazine. I think I'll have to go into internet exile for the next couple of years or something.

Of course, I'd have seen these anyway, since I buy most figures for the movie before I see the movie.

09-17-2003, 11:45 AM
I'm doing pretty good. I avoid it all until I see the movie. But there is one Sith lover that always asks if I've seen this or that pic.

::mumbles nasty things about sith lovers::

i_like_yoda
09-17-2003, 05:28 PM
I'm doing a pretty good job staying spoiler free. I do view the pictures and stuff though. Those really aren't true spoilers, though, in my opinion. I really, really don't want to have any suprises revealed to me.

Ray_N_Quiet_Rob
09-17-2003, 07:13 PM
I've pretty much been 50-50... I read the Hyperspace stuff, but they don't give as much info as you'd think. There's things we know have to happen and things we want answered... The answers I'll keep away from... But Pics of characters and webdocs I'll watch since they are uaually careful about spoilers.

Neal
09-17-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Rebel Star Destroyer:
I'm doing pretty good. I avoid it all until I see the movie. But there is one Sith lover that always asks if I've seen this or that pic.

::mumbles nasty things about sith lovers:: <font size="2" face="arial">You wouldn't be referring to me, now would you?
images/icons/wink.gif images/icons/grin.gif
Just look at the damn pics! You won't regret it...
Come on...you know you want to.....

Balki
09-18-2003, 01:34 AM
I wonder what Padme looks like........

GAH! Spolier-free 'till Ep. III, repeat, take a deep breath, there, I'm better.

Inigo_Montoya
09-18-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Hasbro's Missing Integrity:

GAH! Spolier-free 'till Ep. III, repeat, take a deep breath, there, I'm better. <font size="2" face="arial">If you're referring to the Padme Spy Report thread in the Spoilers Forum, it's a just a safe joke with a pic of Natalie Portman from Where the Heart Is. images/icons/smile.gif

Farkenell
09-20-2003, 01:07 AM
It's pretty hard to avoid spoilers these days, especially how almost every Star Wars sites post Ep3 related heading with a spoiler in it. Or when the time is near, how you see the promotions everywhere. Knowing Maul had a double-edge lightsaber prior to watching Ep1 was the biggest spoiler for me so far.

Sometimes I just cant resist though, like for example the pic of Anakin and Obi-Wan. Other than that I try to avoid it.

Balki
09-21-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by dogdude:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Hasbro's Missing Integrity:

GAH! Spolier-free 'till Ep. III, repeat, take a deep breath, there, I'm better. <font size="2" face="arial">If you're referring to the Padme Spy Report thread in the Spoilers Forum, it's a just a safe joke with a pic of Natalie Portman from Where the Heart Is. images/icons/smile.gif </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">Actually, I haven't seen anything in regards to Padme from Ep. III. Of course, the next 19 or so months will really try that.

IndianaVader
09-22-2003, 08:59 PM
I've only seen Anakin's new hairstyle. Apart from that I feel like a Purified geek.

09-22-2003, 09:29 PM
I've seen and heard some spoilers, but I still don't know the story at all yet, so I guess it will be a surprise if I don't look at any more.

GNT
10-11-2003, 08:33 PM
Theres not that many spoilers out there to go on.

10-12-2003, 12:54 AM
I hit the force . net every day and find out new spoilers every day . ITs been hard but I cant wait to find them out .

10-14-2003, 01:38 PM
they do seem to get a lot here lately , as always I question the validity of them

Inigo_Montoya
10-18-2003, 11:21 AM
One month after my first post in here, and I've become completely corrupted by the spoilers' seductive power.... images/icons/grin.gif

kitt1987
10-30-2003, 05:40 PM
Previously I've read tidbits and minor spoilers and the like for the first two prequels but for Ep 3 I'm avoiding everything like the plague. This is the last SW movie that's going to be made so I want to enjoy it as much as I can by going in with a totally clear mind. I'll watch the previews when they come out of course but nothing, absolutely nothing in between. It's been pretty much like when I was a kid in between movies, you had no access to anything which was actually cool back in the day. Imagine how disappointed people would be re the ESB had the net been around back then. So I can proudly say I've read no spoilers and I've seen no pictures from the set or anything, like a member mentioned in an earlier post I've even curtailed buying/reading the Insider till after the movie comes out. How can you simply skip those first few pages if you buy it? images/icons/wink.gif If I don't have the mag the temptation ain't there. Besides there's plenty of other things going on to keep my attention till '05.
I'm glad to see a lot of other people keeping the same attitude as I am. Good deal fellas!

GNT
10-31-2003, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by dogdude:
One month after my first post in here, and I've become completely corrupted by the spoilers' seductive power.... images/icons/grin.gif <font size="2" face="arial">
I'll watch the previews when they come out of course but nothing, absolutely nothing in between<font size="2" face="arial">You mean the trailers? You probably should miss them as I can forsee some things in them and could give major details away like Ep1 where Obi-Wan screams "nooooo!" everyone pretty much instantly knew that Qui-Gon had died.

10-31-2003, 09:17 AM
Still very much uncorrupted. I've very much disappointed the Sith lover.

Yak
11-17-2003, 05:07 PM
I was 100% spoiler free for both E1 & EII, I plan to be the same for EIII too but it'll be a bit more difficult cause I hang about forums like these ones a little more now.

Jedi_Idej
11-17-2003, 10:14 PM
Eating paint chips with lead as a child has given me a short attention span so spoilers don't matter.

What was the question again?

GNT
11-19-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Yak:
I was 100% spoiler free for both E1 & EII, I plan to be the same for EIII too but it'll be a bit more difficult cause I hang about forums like these ones a little more now. <font size="2" face="arial">As long as threads have warnings then you shouldn't have problems. images/icons/smile.gif