PDA

View Full Version : Hyperspace on Starwars.com sucks

Swiss_Army_R5
06-13-2003, 01:37 AM
Anyone else ticked off by the hyperspace crud on the starwars site?

Most of the hidden stuff and easter eggs on the episode 2 dvd seem now to also require you to pay as a hyperspace member. Most of the interesting articles are also like that.

It sure isn't going to promote interest in the site for me. The more I hit a hyperspace the less likely I am to go back to the site. If the ask the council stuff goes member only then im going to quit the site. This plus the inability to get figures is starting to sour my feelings for Star Wars as a whole.

DarthMaulSithLord
06-13-2003, 05:05 AM
I think this is scandalous! Lucas is already earning major bucks since we pay for the merchandise and what not. He could've at least given us this stuff for free.

images/icons/mad.gif

Quigonbyebye
06-13-2003, 05:16 PM
Look I feel your pain, but $20 bucks is not that much for a year. You pay that much to get the Insider/fan club stuff, or to get the DVD, etc. Heck we'll pay 10 - 12 bucks in '05 to see the movie. Ya just need to keep it in perspective.

Yak
06-14-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Quigonbyebye:
Look I feel your pain, but $20 bucks is not that much for a year. You pay that much to get the Insider/fan club stuff, or to get the DVD, etc. Heck we'll pay 10 - 12 bucks in '05 to see the movie. Ya just need to keep it in perspective. <font size="2" face="arial">In perspective!? We'll pay 10 - 12 bucks to see 140 million dollars worth of movie in '05. 20 bucks every year IS a lot! I paid that for the E1 DVD that I can watch every day for the rest of my life!

Besides, its $20 today... ok think about this. starwars.com will probably crack down on any web site repeating its Hyperspace content. As that content increases it will leave the fan sites less and less to say. When, I repeat WHEN the whole of starwars.com goes subscription based they could pretty much argue every decent site out there is infringing their 'exclusive' content rights.

This is the first step towards paying for any and all Star Wars web based content.

Check out my thread on Wuher's (http://forums.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=010682) asking for ideas on how to protest.

Mr_MojoRisin
06-15-2003, 05:54 PM
I think it sucks personally. It's the worst idea yet.

Ray_N_Quiet_Rob
06-25-2003, 07:57 AM
Having been able to watch Ewan and Hayden(who looks to be about 25-35 lbs heavier) Duel on the webcam for an hour was worth the price of admission for the entire YEAR!

Jedi_Knight
06-25-2003, 05:32 PM
When I first heard of it I was pretty mad but hearing all the stuff I am missing I am seriously thinking about getting it. I'll probably end up getting it when I get back from my trip.
I'm such a sucker.

06-25-2003, 10:15 PM
I am probably going to get it just because I am sucker when it comes to star wars . I agree lucas needs to give in and let us have something for free. The more money you have , I guess the more you want

stormteacher
06-30-2003, 06:38 PM
Hyperspace has gotten alot better in the last few days. I think as filming progresses it will get even better. images/icons/grin.gif But I think $20 is pretty reasonable. Some of the stuff I have seen on here has already been worth my $20. images/icons/grin.gif

Billy_Ray
07-01-2003, 03:44 PM
If you get the Insider/Hyperspace bundle it is only about $10 a year for Hyperspace. A years Insider subscription is $29.95 and the bundle is $39.95. I needed to renew my Insider subscription anyway so I opted for the bundle. The fact that I will be able to DL the Clone Wars cartoons is enough to make that worth it. I agree that Hyperspace has gotten better since it debuted. Getting to see Ewan and Hayden practicing their duel and seeing Anakin's Ep3 look were pretty cool too.

07-03-2003, 06:49 AM
This thing pisses me off as well- more than anythign its the principal of the matter. I would just like to read a few articles and see a few pics. I never visit the official site now because I cant look at anything. Im not in the fan club, i dont have a subscription- Im just an average-I've-got-my-life-in-perspective fan who wants an update every now and then. $hungry b@$tards...

Kris
07-03-2003, 11:12 AM
indeed, it is well worth the money for the Cam alone.. tough I only wished PhotoReceptor upadted more then once a week or so images/icons/grin.gif

07-05-2003, 10:00 PM
Well maybe SOME of u have actually started to REALIZE that LUCAS is all about MONEY.....hes the first person to hire an agency to make sure people didnt get into theaters for free when TPM came out(did in my area anyway) he charges for hyperspace.(a super slow webcam).... the movies are ALWAYS PG...which = KIDDIE MOVIE......IMAGINE how good episode 3 would be if it were PG-13 or R....WOW......BUT NOO....lucas is greedy.......Hell there were scenes in the AOTC trailers that were NOT in the movie....(jango/obi-wan trailer) ..CUT cause of PG rating........oh well....he makes money ONLY BECAUSE OF WHAT HE DID IN THE 70s 80s...THATS IT...if this series came out without 4-5-6 ...they would FLOP....

sorry..just speakin my mind on what ive seen..

egghead118
07-07-2003, 12:07 AM
that pretty much sums it up for me. starwars was always quite commerical, but ever since rotj it has been getting more and more $$ to the point where its making me sick. ill see the movie and buy ONLY THE FIGURES I LIKE but thats where i draw the line. asking for ANOTHER 20 bucks to see some web garbage is over the edge.

Sleepless_Knight
07-28-2003, 09:56 PM
I subscribe to Hyperspace and I enjoy the service. It's only a nickel a day, which is not bad at all. As for Lucas making kids movies, that's exactly what he's been doing all along. He said the films are aimed at the 10-12 year old crowd. I hope that Lucas continues to make family friendly movies that I don't have to worry about finding offensive content in such as Matrix Reloaded.

08-15-2003, 10:28 PM
I hate Hyperspace! I don't get to see the good stuff! Not even cut scenes! images/icons/frown.gif

torso_boy86
08-19-2003, 07:49 PM
I used to check starwars.com on a daily basis when there was no Hyperspace. Yet now, I have gone to checking sites like this instead regularly. Once in a while I'll check the official site but I now like the less commercial fan-based sites!

09-06-2003, 05:55 PM
I'm poor as dirt so I can't afford it. Arrgh! I HATE GEORGE LUCAS WITH HIS EVIL PLOTS!!!!! images/icons/mad.gif images/icons/mad.gif images/icons/mad.gif images/icons/mad.gif images/icons/mad.gif images/icons/mad.gif images/icons/mad.gif images/icons/mad.gif

[ 09-06-2003, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Dylan K. Jore ]

GNT
09-06-2003, 07:06 PM
Hyperspace website is mainly for people who want to know EP3 stuff.Its easy to find some of what was posted elsewhere but not all of it.

Dior_Daala
09-06-2003, 07:59 PM
what is hyperspace suppose to show when the filming part is finished images/icons/confused.gif

next year, will people who paid money for hyperspace just the editing process

JeedaiProphet
09-16-2003, 10:45 AM
it'd be nice if I had a valid credit card to get it...which i dont.

ScoundreI
09-20-2003, 01:02 AM
I imagine that when my subscription to the Inside runs out I will get hyperspace.

The Insider is rather bland and tasteless. Like oatmeal...not really gross, but not that great...

I dunno. I think George should quite trying to make money off of everything he does and let the website be free. Of course who am I? images/icons/rolleyes.gif

JediJay65
09-26-2003, 07:24 PM
Who cares????? I mean if the Flannel one charges and it doesn't seem fair, then do what I do and don't subscribe. I would rather collect figures and I have had an awesome two weeks here lately!!!
I have given up on StarWars.com and do not go there at all. Only thing that would make me go back if the Select pictures are free. However, can they get rid of the spamming of the pop-ups? They are worse then AOL on that.

IndianaVader
09-28-2003, 12:16 AM
Wait, do you have to pay more money after being a member or is it already payed for if you are. If this is another 20 bucks than I am rather dissappointed.