PDA

View Full Version : A scene I wish we would see...

Kwolf
04-07-2003, 11:28 PM
I have always wanted a scene showing someone constructing a lightsaber. It does not need to focus on what they are doing or how it works, but it would be wonderful to see that activity to take place. It would be terrific during a seroius dialoge scene, where Master and apprentice are discussing matters and one of them is hard at work on putting one together. The problem is the setup. Why would they be building a new one? So, aside from the scene being introduced, the rest of the script preceding would have to be written to cause this event. I understand why Lucas would have trouble incorporating this. He apparently wanted to in Jedi, but it would seem obvious that if he had Luke building one, the question would arise as to "How come he has not done this already?" as he trained in between Empire and Jedi. So, that would be the same pitfall for Episode III. Of course Anakin and Obi must build new ones after AOTC, but by Episode III they already would have done this. The only place I can see it happening is after Anakin turns and becomes Vader. Yet I do not believe that the "transformation" will be shown in great detail if at all.
Thoughts? Opinions?

echo1441
04-08-2003, 12:49 AM
well they could show anakin construct his red saber. i think that would be cool to see.

Jedi_Knight
04-08-2003, 11:45 AM
I think it would be great to see Anakin in a rage after being defeated by Obi and Obi taking his saber showing black glove constructing a saber only to use it to strike down Mace as Obi Yoda Padme and Bail escape. But of course he thinks they are destroyed shortly after.

Dior_Daala
04-13-2003, 08:20 PM
kwolf, great idea

maybe you have written the "PT" instead mr. big- head lucas

Patrick_W_aka_JmPnB
05-04-2003, 05:12 PM
i think it would be pretty cool at the end of ep3 it sould show like a parade shots if like luke as a kid looking up at the sky then leia some where else lookup at the sky and yoda and obi won somewhere else doing the same.or at least show luke and leia as kids. images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Newob
05-21-2003, 05:28 AM
in the book rogue planet, anakin doesnt have a lightsaber yet. sposedly, as one becomes stronger in the force, part of their training is to construct a working lightsaber. i gues it is an essential skill for jedi, or other force users. they could easily incorperate this into ep3 by having a master with his apprentice, talking about the some jedi discopline, and the apprentice could fiunish his saber, but instead of it working, perhaps it fails, and the master can explain how his attention was not focused on the objective at hand. perhaps even, anakin is walking by when this happens and he smiles at the memory of his own training.

RangerX
05-23-2003, 06:16 PM
I think what Newob Fett said would be more likely to be seen than Anakin or Obi-wan constructing a saber, nice idea though... it would be a neat thing to see.

Yak
05-26-2003, 06:52 PM
Lucas loves to reuse ideas. As you said he was going to do it with Luke at the start of Jedi -he instead made the saber green to make it clear he had built a new saber. I'd say there's a very good chance we'll see Anakin/Vader build the Vader saber. I hope images/icons/smile.gif

hansloroll
06-02-2003, 05:23 PM
That would be a nice touch.To finally show that it is all part of the discipline but unfortunately George is writing these movies and not the people that enjoy them.