PDA

View Full Version : Bent Saber

01-13-2003, 10:53 PM
Whats the point of Dooku's saber being slightly bent? Please, can someone explain. I know Lucas likes to make cool new designs (i.e. double bladed, Mace's goldsaber and purple blade) but I just dont see any freakin point as to why a little bend will help with the use of the saber.

Neal
01-13-2003, 11:30 PM
Here's your answer according to Star Wars: Attack of the Clones - The Visual Dictionary :

"As a Jedi Master, Count Dooku set aside the lightsaber he built as a young Padawan and created a superior one, as Jedi sometimes do. In creating his personalized design, he chose a configuration that had no connection to that of his master, Yoda, nor to the style in fashion at the time. Instead, he studied Jedi Archives records to create a lightsaber of the type that was standard in the heyday of Form II lightsaber combat. Form II is an ancient technique that favors long, elegant moves and incredible deftness of hand."

It also goes on to say:

"The curved hilt of Dooku's lightsaber allows for superior finesse and precise blade control. This design gives Dooku an edge when facing Jedi, who have mostly trained to use lightsabers to deflect blaster bolts."

Hopefully, this answers your question. images/icons/grin.gif

D. Martin
01-14-2003, 12:51 AM
But more than any other reason: Because it looks ******!

Neal
01-14-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Dave:
But more than any other reason: Because it looks ******!<font size="2" face="arial">Well, yeah! Did I leave that one out? images/icons/wink.gif images/icons/grin.gif

D. Martin
01-15-2003, 01:51 AM
I got yer back images/icons/wink.gif

Real_Scooby
01-15-2003, 02:19 PM
Dooku fighting technique is compareable to the modern art of fencing.

02-12-2003, 03:40 AM
I think also George wanted the Sith's light sabres to stand apart from the Jedi's. Look at Mauls... It's almost as if the Jedi like conformity... and those that rebel to the dark side are more creative. The dictionary describes Anakins tunic colour as "unconventional", and that it also expresses his "independence" A possible sign that Anakin is turning from the Jedi order, as could be a "different looking Light Sabre - a sign of indenpendence from the Jedi.

Hung_Solow
03-09-2003, 04:37 AM
I went to see a Dr. about my bent saber, and he told me to take 3000mg of vitamin E daily. images/icons/tongue.gif

Swiss_Army_R5
04-17-2003, 11:12 PM
Quite a few sword blades with straight blades have curved or bent handles. I think Epee fencing blades all are for the most part. This way you don't have to bend your hand awkwardly to have your blade pointing straight out at an opponent.

Besides poor Dooku's hand's are so crippled up I don't know know if he could hold a staight handled saber.

lifesizeactionfigure
05-17-2003, 03:29 AM
I always thought the answer was ergonomics. I thought the saber was curved to keep Dooku's carpels from tunneling.