PDA

View Full Version : Rushed?

11-21-2002, 04:58 PM
does anyone else feel like the prequels felt rushed??? maybe it was that or they truly held my attention span better...

Carnor_Jax
11-23-2002, 12:18 AM
I don't think they were rushed you just gotta think backwards instead of forwards...

Jax

It will all come out in the end..

_DJ_
11-26-2002, 12:35 PM
Not only do they feel rushed, they lack the OOMPH of the OT.

Not enough effort put into the story and characters, and way too much effort spent on "EYE CANDY".

Don't get me wrong, the SPFX are excellent, but you have to have a good story line as well, or it's just 2 1/2 hours of visuals.

GNT
11-28-2002, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by DarhJin:
Not only do they feel rushed, they lack the OOMPH of the OT.<font size="2" face="arial">Maybe because we know how its all going to end?

_DJ_
12-03-2002, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Bounty Hunter GNT:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by DarhJin:
Not only do they feel rushed, they lack the OOMPH of the OT.<font size="2" face="arial">Maybe because we know how its all going to end?</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">not just that, but the story just lacks that certain something..... Trying to hard to show everyone how advanced his SFX teams are, Ol' GL has been doing. He seems to have forgotten that characters make up the story and not the EYE CANDY.

12-09-2002, 09:25 AM
The rushed feel is a good pace. It gives the needed sense of urgency. The bad guys are gaining ground in the PT and the good guys are clammoring to catch up and in most cases, clammoring to just know what the heck is going on. The bad guys can't take control in a calm environment. The are creating the climate that breeds reckless decisions they can take advantage of.

The pace is not only intentional, but anything short of it would have not been adequate.

At any rate, I don't pay any attention to anyone using the film's pace as a complaint. Why? Because half say it was too slow and the other half say it was too fast. So I just chalk them up to wanting to complain more than they have good reason to.

12-09-2002, 09:49 AM
If you watch the making-of feature on Episode I, you will see how George and the producers reacted when they saw the first screening of TPM.

They were almost dizzy from the finale. They said it moved so fast and with so many stories that they couldn't even tell what was going on. (Anakin in ship, Jar-Jar in battle, Maul saber battle, Queen VS. Nute Gunray, etc.)Then they re-edited a lot of it.

I think there are times in the prequel trilogy where it goes so fast you can barely tell what's going on (the Clone War) and there are times it moves so slow I pray for something to happen (Obi-Wan visits Dex, Qui-Gon's dinner with the Skywalkers)

I think George's pacing is off in general.

12-09-2002, 10:18 AM
...if Lucas endevored to tell less of a story in preference of a more digestable pace, some fans would whine that it's too simple and kiddie and if he tells a more dynamic and entense story then some fans whine about it's pace.

You know, not EVERY THING in EVERY MOVIE must be taken in on the first viewing.

Lucas is COMPLIMENTING our movie-viewing abilities in keeping up the pace... not insulting it.

Like some fans insult his movie-making abilities.