PDA

View Full Version : Something isn right.

10-28-2002, 12:54 PM
In Episode 2. When they are chasing Dooku with the Republic gunship.

Anakin/Obi-Wan/Padme says : Shoot him.
Then the pilot says: We cant, were out of missiles.

Couldnt they just shoot with the lasers? Since the have 7 lasers on each ship.

Neal
10-28-2002, 02:55 PM
I always wondered about that myself! I'm sure all of the blasters weren't out of commission. I think the Clone Pilots didn't want Dooku dead...but then again, I blame the Jedi (Obi-Wan and Anakin). They should have been smart enough to suggest using the blasters. Stupid Jedi...no wonder you all get wiped out!

Quigonbyebye
10-28-2002, 02:56 PM
Apparently most of the lasers are anti-personel type and useless against larger vehicles. You would still expect them to be able to take down a speeder bike. It would've made sense if the gunner had bought it like Dack in TESB. Just chalk it up to bad writing!

darth_egg
10-30-2002, 08:43 PM
just gave him a reason to chase him down and kick some *****.......egg

10-31-2002, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by Darth Rayne:
[QB]I think the Clone Pilots didn't want Dooku dead...QB]<font size="2" face="arial">I think they did. They did shoot on his ship after yoda's fight

10-31-2002, 03:40 AM
Maybe a speeder bike is too small to hit with lasers, and they needed seeking missiles (or whatever) to hit him.

images/icons/smile.gif

Swiss_Army_R5
11-01-2002, 12:39 PM
Well I'd say that he might be able to block the blasts either with his saber or some other jedi way. A missle on the other had might be big enough to do damage whether he sabers it or not.

11-21-2002, 08:13 AM
The reasons why the clone pilots did not shoot down dooku is because they were ordered not to kill him by dooku himself i guess. That why dooku said to sidouse at the hangar " everything is going as planned" So therefore the clone find some excuse for not shooting down dooku.

OR, mace windu ordered the clones not to kill dooku! whatta you think?

[ 11-21-2002, 07:14 AM: Message edited by: master jango ]

11-21-2002, 11:44 AM
Maybe they wanted to catch dooku. After all it is Anakin who says "shoot him down!", and he might not know.
And dooku couldnt have ordered them not to shoot, because clonetroopers are totally obideint, and they would shoot him down, like it or not.

images/icons/smile.gif

Jeremy
11-29-2002, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by master jango:
The reasons why the clone pilots did not shoot down dooku is because they were ordered not to kill him by dooku himself i guess. That why dooku said to sidouse at the hangar " everything is going as planned" So therefore the clone find some excuse for not shooting down dooku.

OR, mace windu ordered the clones not to kill dooku! whatta you think?<font size="2" face="arial">I think you could be right - the clones are secretly "programmed" not to harm certian personnel. Dooku and Palpatine would be the obvious ones.

Jeremy

[ 11-29-2002, 06:42 AM: Message edited by: Jeremy ]

12-06-2002, 04:17 PM
Personally, I attributed this to technological shortcomings in the craft they were on. This is just my presumption, but like video games demonstrate (like X-wing), energy for replenishing weapons come from the same source as the engines, and in order to keep up with Dooku's obviously very fast vessel, energy had to be deverted to the engines to get their hulk of a craft up to speed. And it seem an obvious strategic priority to keep up with Dooku than to only loose pace with him in an effort to shoot at him and likely miss.

That's how I see it anyway.

No big deal.