PDA

View Full Version : Republic Vehicles Questions

Angry_Ewok
08-25-2002, 05:21 PM
People feel free to ask/answer stuff here, I've only got a few things on my mind right now...

Does the AT-TE carry any Republic Gunships? Does it house Speeder Bikes? Does it carry troops or do they have to walk? The big cannon things are really really big, so how could there be so many in the battle of Geonosis with so little time to get to Geonosis in the first place? Were the Republic Vehicles in Republic hands before the Clones were activated, or did the Kamino people somehow build them? The Republic Star-Destroyer look alikes can land, so wouldnt you assume they are significantly smaller than the Imperial Star Destroyers?

Hydralisk
08-26-2002, 02:52 PM
1. The AT-TE is far to small to carry the standard LAAT/i gunship. It doesn't have room for speeder bikes, but does carry 20 clonetroopers not including the operation crew.

2. As for the cannons, I assume you're referring to the SPHA-T walkers. They most likely came straight from the Acclamators instead of being dropped by cargo ships like the AT-TE

3. Where did all this equipment come from? First of all, the Kuati HATE the Trade Federation, so when they were contacted about secretly making heavy weaponry, they gave the job to a small subsidiary called Rothana Heavy Engineering. Rothana built all the ships and mechs, and kept the whole thing "hush hush" until they were called upon to ship out.

4. Acclamators are quite smaller than Star Destroyers, but served a different purpose. Star Destroyers were excellent at orbital bombardment, but relied on smaller craft to stage ground assaults. The similarity to the SDs is becuase the Acclamators were built by Rothana, Rothana is owned by KDY, and KDY built the Star Destroyers.

Hope that helps some. images/icons/smile.gif

Angry_Ewok
08-26-2002, 04:15 PM
Ah, thanks. Very enlightening.