PDA

View Full Version : Maul or Dooku?

MaulRat22
05-30-2002, 01:19 PM
So who is the better sith lord? Both kicked jedi butt by taking on more than one jedi. I personally like maul better becasue just his appearance is enough to make a jedi crap in his pants and was a master with his lightsaber but dooku was cool too becasue he took on anakin, obi-wan, and yoda without getting a scratch. So who do u think makes a better sith lord?

05-30-2002, 04:04 PM
While Maul is definately the cooler looking of the two, with his devilish appearance and double bladed lightsaber, Dooku is ultimately the better villain. Maul was powerful and fast, and he did kill Qui-Gon, but he wasn't all that bright and was in effect just one in a series of "bullets" Sidious fires off throughout the series. Dooku has a much more developed character and complex history that makes him a believable villain. In my opinion, the cool and calculating bad guys are always the scariest, and Christopher Lee definately gave off that kind of vibe in AOTC.

zigga94
05-30-2002, 09:00 PM
i say dooku, bc he was also a jedi before he turned sith, he has more years and experience than maul.

Guy_DuBlanc
06-12-2002, 07:27 PM
Maul and Dooku are both awesome but in different ways.

Maul looks cooler, has the incredible double lightsaber, is a better swordsman, is so mysterious. Maul's significant because he's the first Sith to make himself known to the Jedi in millenia.

Dooku is sinister, has an awesome voice, and is definitely stronger. He handles Obi-Wan and Anakin with ease, and even holds his own against Master Yoda. Sith magic was cool.

Both have awesome entrance scenes. Maul coming out of the hangar doors on Naboo before Duel of the Fates. Dooku is more subtle but there's a great shot of him first entering into the area where Obi-Wan is being held captive. I didn't really appreciate that shadowed entrance until the third time I saw it.

Darth_Pot_Stirer
06-12-2002, 09:00 PM
There both cool, but Dooku gets the nod. After all, if you compare apples and apples, he's the better Sith. He had more Force based powers (lightning), bested Obi-Wan in a one-on-one duel and stood toe to toe with Yoda, even if it was only for a few seconds. Maul did beat Qui-Gon, but he lost to a straight up fight with Obi-Wan even though Obi-Wan was disarmed and hanging from his fingertips in the "drain" (as my son calls it). Plus, Qui-Gon lasted quite a while against Maul and Qui-Gon was reportedly quite old, for a human Jedi.
But most importantly, Dooku is fully capable of standing alone as a villain. He has the history and the intelligence. He has the political skills to be more than a weapon. Most importantly, he is capable of challenging Sidious, something that is required of a Sith apprehentice. Maul never could have done that. Finally, Maul couldn't survive through one movie - Dooku did. Never-the-less, Palpatine remains the supreme movie villain, with Vader a close second.

Swiss_Army_R5
06-12-2002, 11:50 PM
Poor Maul was inexperienced. When he got to say the age of Eeth Koth or Mace Windu he'd likely have been the most deadly force user except Yoda or Anakin.

Dooku has tons of experience and knows what drives the Jedi and what their weaknesses are and how to pit them against each other at least long enough to distract them while he get the job done.

I don't know who would win in a fight though.

Angry_Ewok
06-14-2002, 06:44 PM
Maul was young, physically powerful (not to mention menacing), and over-all, a very high-potential Sith.
Unfortunately, he was impatient and loved inflicting pain and agony too much. When he should have made his kill, he toyed with his enemy's mind, and ultimately, as we all know, this led to his demise.

06-14-2002, 09:38 PM
DOOKU!

06-15-2002, 08:38 PM
Dooku could kick Mauls butt from tatooine to hoth and back again. Maul was a cool looking villian, and sure he could do some cool moves, but he had nothing in the ways of the force, good or bad.

06-16-2002, 05:11 PM
Dooku took on Yoda. YODA! and obi wan, and anakin and walked (or ran) away from it... alive. Maul was killed by obi wan, (and obi is good, i'm not saying that he isn't) but Dooku took on three other Jedi and lived. That's amazing.

06-16-2002, 08:22 PM
I think Dooku would beat Maul but Darth Maul was such a great villian. Darth Maul made Episode 1. The one thing they both have in common is that they didnt get enough screen time in their respective movies. images/icons/blush.gif images/icons/mad.gif

images/icons/smile.gif

07-05-2002, 12:29 AM
I definitely agree, they both didnt get nearly enough screen time. But Dooku would kick mauls butt, i mean he is much more powerful (shooting electricity) and he is much more knowledgable about the force. I dunno about a better lightsaber fighter though...maybe a tie, maybe maul. But i think Dooku would beat maul one on one.

07-05-2002, 07:38 AM
However,

The most of important thing at the end of the day is who would pull the most chicks??

It'd be Maul!

Yoda_Fett
07-21-2002, 09:17 PM
I agree with most of the people that posted here. Dooku definitely is the more powerful Sith Lord and would discard Maul with relative ease as he did to Obi Wan and Anakin. Say what you want about Anakin holding his own against Dooku but Dooku didn't even seem to break a sweat. I think Dooku's biggest advantage was that he was a jedi master (i believe) at one time and knew what he was up against when these battles came about. Darth Maul didn't know what he was going to see when he took on Obi Wan and Qui Gon. He was very complacent when he disarmed Obi Wan and couldn't forsee what was coming. Given as much experience and knowledge as Dooku I believe Maul would have been twice the sith lord but unfortunately for him and us Maul didn't last that long.

Nameless_Jedi
07-26-2002, 09:57 PM
maul vs. dooku? dooku would win hands down. he's been on both sides of the Force so that means he's got the experience edge over maul. and while maul was a fierce competitor, he was too eager and headstrong and most importantly he was INexperienced.

if it were strictly a saber-duel, single blade only, no Force, i think maul would win. images/icons/grin.gif

07-27-2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Guy DuBlanc:
Maul looks cooler, has the incredible double lightsaber, is a better swordsman, is so mysterious.<font size="2" face="arial">How can you say Maul is the better swordsman? Dooku was able to defeat Obi-Wan while Maul got diced in half by him!

JohnH
07-27-2002, 07:05 PM
Who's better between Maul and Dooku? Easy question, but I'm going to answer it with a question.

Which one was still alive at the end of the movie?

images/icons/grin.gif

Sleepless_Knight
08-17-2002, 08:34 PM
I have to go with Dooku. A young Maul fought well against the able swordsmen Qui-Gon, but ended up in two pieces against Obi-Wan. Dooku was toying with Anakin and Obi-Wan before dispatching of them quickly. While Dooku fought well against Yoda, he knew that if he kept fighting him, he would go down.

Of course, if R2-D2 had used his force skills, which he kept hidden from the rest of the world, the Sith would have been defeated in Episode I and other characters wouldn't have had the opportunity to develop and grow. After all, George Lucas has said that Artoo is the hero of the saga. images/icons/smile.gif

DarthDooku
09-25-2002, 12:01 AM
DOOKU DOOKU DOOKU!!!! C'mon....I admit Maul kicked *** , but Dooku would rape him in a fight. I notice a lot of you say Maul looked cooler. WHile I agree his look was incredible, I prefer Dooku's style. Something about his age....the white, neatly trimmed beard...well groomed. The sophisticated balck outfit with knee length rust red cape. SOmething about that look showed sooo much more experience and thus much more of a threat. I also noticed one guy even called Maul a better swordsman. Ummm....???? Ok, he wasn't at all a better swordsman!!! He just used a more eastern martial arts form of fighting. Dooku was clearly a better SWORDSman. He used an ancient fighting style and a curved rapier-type saber handle...allowing for more of a fencing manner of attack and defence. CHRIST DUDE!!! I don't know what movies you watched, but when I saw AOTC it seemed that Dooku barely had to make an effort to fend of blows from both of Anakin's sabers. SO a0 he kicked Anakin's butt real bad and b) yeah beat Obi's butt real bad. Just think of the precision it takes to peirce a specific point with a saber...up until now we've only seen limbs completely removed..not run through. One last note....nothing pisses me off quite as much as the people who say "Yoda kicked his *** !!" Wrong!!! It was deadlok the whole way unti Dooku said screw it and created a distraction. In fact, Dooku could have killed Yoda if they didn't NEED to keep him alive. (seeing as he's in the OT) Yoda's main focus (being a Jedi that is) was to save the lives of Anakin and Obi, not to take Dooku's. So while he was busy with the pillar of stone, all Dooku would have to do is come up, slash and you have a Yoda that's even shorter. The lesson here DON'T MESS WITH CHRISTOPHER LEE!!! The Sith Lord Tyrannus....the White hand of Isengard.

Sleepless_Knight
09-25-2002, 12:09 AM
Dooku was a Jedi Master. All Jedi Knights become Masters once they train a Padawan to knighthood. Dooku trained Qui-Gon and Qui-Gon, as we know, was a Jedi Master even before he trained Obi-Wan.

Swiss_Army_R5
09-25-2002, 10:10 AM
I'd like to see Palapatine do some lightsaber action in the next flick. He outhgt to be just as impressive as Yoda. I mean wouldn't you expect that Maul learning all his saber skills from him?

DarthMushy
09-25-2002, 09:18 PM
Gotta go with Dooku... he's great with a saber and seems to have mastered force lightning, which Maul didn't do. Plus, he was developed a bit more, whereas Maul was just 'there'.

They're both cool, but I gotta give the edge to Dooku.

Rik
09-26-2002, 11:13 AM
Dooku would whoop Maul's *** but I like Maul better. images/icons/smile.gif

JoshEEE
09-26-2002, 01:38 PM
The Jedi Duel with Maul still ranks as the number one fight scene in the entire SW universe for me....but because he lost in the end, I have to give the props to Dooku as the better villian.

Maul definitely looks more sinister (and has the coolest weapon) though.

Let me put it this way. If I was a Padawan who had no knowledge of either Sith, and I saw them both at opposite ends of a dark alley....I'd walk towards the end with Dooku and take my chances with the old fart.

I'd get my *** kicked either way though...being only a Padawan. images/icons/smile.gif

Carl_Waterworth
09-28-2002, 03:21 PM
It has to be the tattooed one, he just seems abit more mysterious

darth_egg
09-30-2002, 01:04 AM
maul over..the count ....gotta think about ..a maul vs dooku..would have been ten years ago ..or more ...you really think that dooku had the bolts
coming out ..ten years ago..... images/icons/shocked.gif ..egg

[ 09-30-2002, 01:05 AM: Message edited by: darth egg ]

09-30-2002, 02:10 AM
Let me put it this way.....If I was about to be ambushed by a street gang in a New York back alley I would rather have Ray Park with me than Frank Oz or Christopher Lee.