PDA

View Full Version : Will Anakin be the greatest Jedi ever?

Simdog
05-21-2002, 07:37 PM
In Ep.III, Anakin has to turn out to be the greatest Jedi ever. If this is true, how will Obi-Wan defeat him. If he is not considered to be the greatest, why didn't Obi-Wan and Yoda team up to defeat him once he became Vader. They could have done it long before Luke came on board.

Did Vader become too powerful? Then how did he almost get killed by Obi-Wan? My theory on the saber battle at the end of Ep.III:

After Anakin kills Mace (my guess), Lucas should have an awesome battle with Yoda and Obi vs. Anakin. Anakin should handle them both very well, like Maul handled Qui and Obi, but he accidentally falls into this rumored lava pit. How else wil Lucas explain this. If Obi almost kills Anakin by himself, what would stop Obi from teaming up with Yoda and finishing the Job? What do you guys think?

Now the reason why I think he must be considered the greatest Jedi ever is simply because Yoda and

05-21-2002, 08:59 PM
I'm guessing Anakin will turn to the darkside either early or in the middle of the movie. He will be defeated by Obi-Wan early around the same time then grow more powerful as the movie progresses killing Mace ,Tyranus and the rest of the Jedi as Darth Vader toward the end. I doubt we will ever see anybody defeat Yoda. Yoda probably leaves after the clone army turns on the Republic. Even a great Jedi Master can't take on an entire clone army. I'm thinking that possibly months maybe years will take place between the beginning and end of this movie.

PAUL_JORDAN
05-24-2002, 07:17 PM
HI
GOOD THOUGHTS ANAKIN WILL BECOME THE GREATEST JEDI OF HIS TIME YODA IS THE MOST POWERFUL AT PRESENT BUT HE IS A AGEING OLD JEDI MASTER WE ALL HEAR THAT ANAKIN AND OBI WAN HAVE A GREAT DUEL AND ANAKIN FALLS INTO A LAVA PIT THUS BECOMES DARTH VADER PROBABLY EARLIER IN EPS3
BEING ONLY EVER 2 SITH LORDS COUNT DOOKU MUST DIE BY YODA/OBI WAN/MACE WINDU I FEEL WHEN THIS HAPPENS THINKING ANAKIN IS DEAD THEY ONLY HAVE TO DEFEAT DARTH SIDIOUS LOVE TO SEE THIS GUY IN ACTION HE WILL BE PRESENTED BY PALPATINE TO THEM MY NEW APPRENTICE MEET LORD DARTH VADER SECRETLY BEEN TRAINING BY DARTH SIDIOUS I CAN SEE A STAND OF REMAINING JEDI MINUS OBI WAN AND YODA MACE WINDU AND THE OTHERS TAKING ON VADER ALL AT ONCE IN GIGANTIC DUEL WITH VADER KILLING ALL THE REMAINING JEDI ALLTOGETHER AND THUS BECOMING THE GREATEST JEDI EVER
WE ALL NO THAT ONLY WISE OLD YODA IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN TRAIN ANAKINS CHILDREN LUKE/LEIA WITH BEN WATCHING OVER LUKE
THEY SAY VADER IS THE CHOSEN ONE THE ONE WHO BRINGS BALANCE TO THE FORCE IN THE END HE DOES FULFILL THE PROPHENCY BY KILLING THE EMPEROR IN ROTJ AND BEING RESTORED TO THE GOOD SIDE

05-27-2002, 01:19 AM
Well, it'd make sense for Anakin to kill Dooku, thus taking his place at Palpatine's side, a la what he tried to get Luke to do in ROTJ. Though I would hope for a Yoda-Dooku rematch.

The Anakin-Obi-Wan duel will definitely happen.

As for the outcome, my guess is that Yoda goes into hiding due to the overwhelmingly large clone army, and the inability of just him to stop them. Obi-Wan, obviously knowing Anakin is still alive and now evil, takes his children and gives them away. We already know that Lucas plans to have this as one of the final scenes of Episode 3.

05-31-2002, 05:32 AM
Had he waited and gone through the trials...Yes. But he chose a different path. Obi-wan (other than Yoda)is the greatest Jedi. Anakin is now a Sith. His potential to be the greatest Jedi is definately there..but now a Sith, his destiny is leading him to be the most influential member of any who possesses the powers of the force until the emergence of his son, the last hope.

Darth_Chaos
06-27-2002, 09:14 PM
No Anakin (Vader) is not the greatest Jedi ever, how could that possibly be if his own son Luke beats him? Yoda is greater then Anakin, and there
were Jedi's long ago that were greater then Anakin and Yoda.

egghead118
06-28-2002, 12:18 AM
the only thing that luke had on vader the fact that he was vader's son. vader never wanted to kill him. in fact he went out of his way not to by convincing the emperor to have him taken alive. if vader wanted luke finished off, he could have had him ambushed by 5000 stormtroopers on bespin.

vader lost the rotj duel to luke because the conflict was pouring through him and blocking his hatred/fear/anger etc. which gave him mastery of the dark side, whereas luke briefly called upon the dark side to become superpowerful. remember, the dark side is an extremely fast track to power... the jedi equivalent to a get rich quick scheme.

the amount of foreshadowing and plot points in the prequel trilogy tells me that lucas is definitely going to make anakin the greatest jedi ever. why would palpatine say "i see you are becoming the greatest of all the jedi". why would anakin's medicholorian ( images/icons/frown.gif ) count be higher than yoda's. why all the stuff in aotc about anakin needing to be more powerful (promises mother next time he'll be able to get it done etc.) lucas may be a mediocre director, but hes not some hack writer who would be adding inconsequential plot elements and foreshadowings.

i see anakin as being the greatest jedi when e3 tips off 4 years later (according to tv guide) after having his wake up call when his mother dies/clone wars start/arm comes off, he honed his powers and really worked at developing his force potential. but even being the greatest jedi is not enough... anakin wants to be all powerful, and as so turns to the dark side.

how then does obi wan beat him?

his wounds were suffered in a battle with obi wan, but not necessarily inflicted by obi wan. i see anakin having his master beat but somehow, his arrogance causes him to slip up and get maimed. darth maul's death was the same way. he had obi on the ropes, and decided to play with him and watch him suffer. he let his guard down, and ended up getting cut in half. but i don't see obi wan inflicting the injuries. that's not in his nature, especially considering his bond with anakin. i definitely see it as an anakin slip up that can somehow be blamed on obi wan.

whether im wrong or right, i can't wait to see what lucas does in e3!!!

Darth_Chaos
06-29-2002, 08:57 AM
You still have to realize that there were Jedi's long ago that were greater and more powerful than Yoda AND Anakin Skywalker (Darth Vader). So Yoda is not the greatest Jedi of all time and neither is Anakin.

Robilus
06-30-2002, 02:38 PM
You have proof of that?

Darth_Chaos
06-30-2002, 10:41 PM
Do I have proof? I wonder where is the proof that Anakin is the greatest Jedi ever, believe me he's not. Its a possibility that he is the greatest
Sith Lord, but in no way Jedi. There were great Jedi's in the past about 4,000 years before TPM, during the great Jedi Vs. Sith war. Greatest Jedi
ever don't make me laugh. To tell the truth none of us can say that Anakin (Darth Vader) or Yoda was the greatest if they never even faught
eachother.

egghead118
06-30-2002, 10:45 PM
yeah, i certainly don't remember the movies making any mention of that. perhaps i missed something though?

ps. no EU please, i don't care.

egghead118
06-30-2002, 10:52 PM
i don't remember the great jedi vs. sith war either. which film did they mention that one in? EU = exceptionally unimportant IMO. and if youre looking for evidence that anakin will be the greatest ever read my post above. granted, there is no direct evidence but i think there are enough clues in e1 and e2 to build a strong indirect case that lucas is headed there in e3. but in all fairness, until we see e3 its definitely up in the air. images/icons/grin.gif

PAUL_JORDAN
07-01-2002, 03:09 PM
HI
I AGREE WITH EGGHEAD ANAKIN HAS THE POTENTIONAL TO BE THE GREATEST JEDI EVER WHY?
WE ALL NO THE FORCE IS CREATED BY MIDCHOLIANS IN EP 1 QUIN JON TEST,S ANAKIN BLOOD IS COUNT IS OVER 20000 HIGHER THAN YODA PLUS HE HAS NO FATHER HE WAS A VIRGIN BIRTH CREATED SOLELY PROBABLY BY MIDCHORLANS(FORCE) THEMSELVES
IN THE PAST THEY WAS GREAT JEDI,S AS THEY SAY IN THE JEDI CHRONICLES BUT THE JEDI COUNCEL REFER ANAKIN AS THE CHOSEN ONE YOU WILL BRING BALANCE TO THE FORCE AFTER THEY NO HE HAS NO FATHER STATING IN THE JEDI CHRONICLES THIS PROPHENCY MUST BE THEIR PAST ON FROM ONE GENERATION TO THE PRESENT