PDA

View Full Version : AOTC Soundtrack

DarthMaulSithLord
04-08-2002, 08:58 AM
Has anyone heard Across the Stars yet? I got it via WinMX and i think it's great.

images/icons/smile.gif

04-08-2002, 11:01 AM
I downloaded it from the internet.(across the stars) its quite good, but i want to know where it fits in the film, like in ESB where the love theme is played in a scene, not juat little bits here and there.

still havent found it in the shops though.

images/icons/smile.gif

El4short
04-08-2002, 10:10 PM
Hi, I've been trying to hear "Across the Stars" today with no luck. Can you pass along what website you heard it on? I'd be happy to pass along my thoughts after. Thanks!

Elrond

04-09-2002, 10:25 AM
I found it at www.natalieportman.com (http://www.natalieportman.com)

dont know if it is still there though.

images/icons/smile.gif

El4short
04-10-2002, 10:58 PM
I found it last night ... someone had a link on another discussion board. Wow. It's beautiful. I'm a big fan of the music, and I look forward to new SW music almost as much as I do the new movies. It did not disappoint. I can hardly wait to grab the soundtrack and play a few other pieces (I'll have to avoid reading the track titles again, like with Phantom Menace!). images/icons/smile.gif

El

04-27-2002, 01:34 AM
I've been listening to it all week. Mesa love the soundtrack!

gypsyforce
04-27-2002, 10:40 AM
I just picked up the soundtrack, I think it is pretty awesome. images/icons/smile.gif

Willy_Wampa
05-01-2002, 12:13 AM
I've got the soundtrack too, but I'm confused. Haven't bothered checking out the "Across the Stars" dowloads beacause I assumed it was the same music as the "Love Theme". Are they actually two different pieces of music? images/icons/confused.gif

05-01-2002, 06:56 PM
i personally think that the greatest tragedy that could occur was if john williams died... what would we do for the awesome sw music?...

05-02-2002, 12:55 AM
as of today (1st may) i now have the soundtrack, and it is very good.
love theme and across the stars are the same.....

images/icons/smile.gif

Sepster
05-02-2002, 03:32 PM
I picked up the soundtrack on the 24th and its pretty sweet. It seems to fit much better with the OT scores with the return of both the Imperial March and 'Force' themes. I also really like the chorus voices (especially in Confrontation with Dooku), they seem to give the score an eery (sp?) feeling very similar to Sleepy Hollow/Ninth Gate/Usual Suspects. Also some of the songs seem as though Williams borrowed some musical style from Hans Zimmer(Gladiator, etc.).

All in all I think this is a great soundtrack and would recommend its purchase, not only for Across the Stars but for the entire album.

zigga94
05-25-2002, 12:18 AM
i haven't gotten the soundtrack yet, and now my sister wants me to get it for her!! is there anything really special on the disc? anything neat inside besides the pictures? images/icons/confused.gif

05-25-2002, 08:27 AM
the sound man, the sound........

images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/tongue.gif images/icons/smile.gif