PDA

View Full Version : The Sith

adawil
02-14-2002, 10:53 PM
My question is if there is always two Sith Lords, a Master and an Apprentice then why do the Jedi Council members say that they have been extinct for a millenia?

How can they be extinct if there is always two "no more, no less"??

Any suggestions?

apokolips
02-15-2002, 09:25 AM
First there were many Sith, but they were always trying to kill each other off to move up in rank. One Sith Master had the brilliant idea that if he only had one guy under him, it would be easier to control the Sith, so he whiddled down the membership to two. (I wonder if they still bother passing around the collection plate.)

The Jedi were under the impression that both Siths were killed a millenia ago. They were mistaken, and the tradition had been passed on in secret to Sideous, and then to Maul.

05-01-2002, 03:03 PM
What if Luke had of turned to the Darkside without killing Vader ? That would make 3. What happens then ? Would the Emperor have killed one of them ?

Darth_Kenobi
05-01-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Dark Raider:
What if Luke had of turned to the Darkside without killing Vader ? That would make 3. What happens then ? Would the Emperor have killed one of them ?<font size="2" face="arial">Vader would of most likely kill the Emperor or try to at least and vise versa. Vader wanted Luke to join with him and together they could destory the Emperor together.

05-01-2002, 06:54 PM
also emporer told luke to take his fathers place... i always thought that they would have gotten rid of vader...

Darth_Pot_Stirer
05-09-2002, 09:15 AM
I think that would be a great idea for additional footage for the classic trilogy. Showcase Vader's and Palpatine's efforts to ditch the other by grabbing Luke's loyalty. Vader's comments (paraphrased) about Luke joining him so together they could end the destructive galaxtic civil war give us just a hint of Vader's dissatisfaction with how Palpatine was running things. Compare Vader during the Bespin battle with him during the Death Star II Imperial Throne Room duel. Palpatine's presence turned him from the greatest Machavellian villan with just a hint of his own agenda into a lap dog.