PDA

View Full Version : Does Obi Wan know........

Dark_Jedi
04-24-2001, 05:54 PM
I have a question I am hoping someone can answer. Everyone I talk to is under the assumption that Obi Wan knows that there are twins, my question is does he really?

Here are my facts to support my claim that he doesn't:

As Luke leaves Dagobah at the end of ESB, Obi Wan says to Yoda, "That boy is our last hope". Yoda then responds with, "No, there is another."

Now if Obi Wan had known about the twins, that statement wouldn't make sense. You can argue that he may have thought Leia was killed after Vader captures her in ANH, but he should have seen her running to the Falcon when he fought Vader. Or even died on Alderaan. But if he felt it throught the Force, wouldn't Yoda?

I believe that he didn't know about them and here is what I think happened:

The twins are born and Amidala takes Leia to Alderaan to live in hiding, but something happens and she gets killed there or leaves and gets killed elsewhere (hopefully we find out in EP3, and NO she isn't Mon Mothma!!!). And Bail Organa adopts her into his family.

Luke is taken by Yoda first to Dagobah, which would explain why it looked familiar to him in ESB. (Remember Leia didn't spent much time with Amidala but remmbered her, so why wouldn't Luke remember Dagobah if he had been there?) Something happens on Dagobah, (maybe something with the Dark Side cave?) and then Luke has to be hidden elsewhere. In comes Obi Wan. He takes him to Tatooine to live with brother Lars and his wife Beru. Ben stays to watch over Luke.

What do you think? Time for you to shoot holes in my theory........ http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif

Does anyone else hope Lucas explains how the cave came to be???

Matt_Fury
04-25-2001, 01:31 AM
I think Obi Wan knew about Leia, but Luke being the "last hope" would be mainly because how would they train Leia????

Another reason I think Obi Wan knew about Laie is in ANH. Check out the look on Obi Wan's face when he looks at Luke after watching the message. Clearly he knows something more than he's telling.

As far as the cave on Dagobah. If you read the Heir to the Empire series by Timothy Zahn, Luke speculated that Yoda fought a Dark Jedi there and he died in the cave. Yoda was able to hide there undetected because of the dark force energy in the area, kind of like opposite poles on a magnet. There was also another scene in the books where Leia is orbiting Endor and they fly through the spot where the Death Star II was and she has a similar experience like when Luke was in the Cave on Dagobah. I doubt you wanted a long-winded EU explaination...but I think it works pretty good.

------------------
My name would be MattFury...if I could type!

"There's no mystical energy field that controls MY destiny! It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense!" - Han Solo

apokolips
04-25-2001, 05:58 AM
I think Ben knew about Leia, but he was too fixated on the prophecy "The Sun of The Suns" to consider her a last hope. He probably brought baby Luke to Tatooine and had him raised according to the prophecy that fortold Anakin hoping the Force would accept Luke as the true Chosen One. He probably never considered Leia since she didn't fit the prophecy. And then, who knows? Maybe "the other" Yoda spoke of was Anakin. Maybe Yoda never lost faith in him and thought he would still do the right thing. (Which he did.) Maybe Ben couldn't see that because the rift between them was too personal.

As far as the cave, I've had a theory about that since before E1 came out. Remember when Luke said, "There's something familiar about this place. It's like something out of a dream." I think he's rememembering from when he was a baby. I think Yoda, Obi-Wan and baby Luke had fled, and decided to hide on Dagobah because the vegetation and life would help shield them. A Sith or Dark Jedi tracked them down there anyway. Obi-Wan grabs baby Luke and heads for the ship, while Yoda fends off the evil Force-user in a fight to the death. Obi-Wan heads off to the outer rim, mourning the loss of his Master. Except for one thing, Yoda defeated the Dark Jedi, leaving his evil essence a stain on the place where he died. Yoda has a moment of reflection, and then he wanders off into the swamps to live the rest of his life as a hermit. I get the feeling Ben never even realized Yoda was still alive until after Ben died and felt Yoda still a part of the Living Force. That was when he guided Luke to him. I've had that whole scene in my head so clearly for a long time. I really hope it's how it happens at the end of E3.

------------------
Burn Rourk (apokolips)
Moderator, collectstarwars.com forums; POTJ, Customizing, Films
apokolips@collectstarwars.com
See my custom figures at Wicked Force! (http://www.wickedforce.com)

05-18-2001, 04:43 PM
Remember what Lord Vader said :

"Obi-Wan was wise to hide her from me"

JediTricks
05-18-2001, 07:48 PM
But the only thing Vader knew about it was what little info he pulled from Luke's mind and what he knew before that, so that doesn't prove anything since Vader could just as easily be spinning it together on the spot.

------------------
"I am Vader, lord of the Sith! Behold my Patrick Duffy leg!"

BHC Moderator of POTF2, Galoob, Films, Ep 1, Lego, Classifieds
SSG Micro Machines and Lego Editor