PDA

View Full Version : Yoda's Looks

jedicrippler
03-21-2001, 03:17 PM
Because he's younger. Everyone's looks change as they age. Except D`ick Clark. http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif

------------------
"It's fun for a while, but my liver keeps shutting down."

03-21-2001, 09:12 PM
I don't buy the younger idea. Okay, he'll have a bit more hair, but being 870 instead of 900 isn't going to cause Yoda to have a different shaped nose and a super overdone ridged forehead. Does he have a nose job before he goes to Dagobah? Seriously, look at how different the nose is in EI from EVI. Just an annoyance to me - would it be asking too much to just add hair to the original style of the Yoda muppet?

jedicrippler
03-21-2001, 10:52 PM
Allow me to clarify. He is younger in Ep1 plus by the time we see him in ESB & ROTJ he's been living on Dagobah for how long? The environment you're in affects you over time. It is obviously not an easy life on Dagobah. And if you don't believe that someone's appearance can change in just a few years because of their environment I can guarantee it is true. My mom is living proof of this (unfortunately) because of various health factors & working environment. It is as simple as that.

------------------
"It's fun for a while, but my liver keeps shutting down."

JediTricks
03-21-2001, 11:58 PM
I gotta admit, I'm of the same mind as CaptVeg with this, the Ep 1 Yoda was too much of a departure from the ESB Yoda for my tastes, he looked MUCH different.

------------------
"Whadda ya mean these aren't the droids I'm lookin' for? They look just like 'em!"

BHC Moderator of POTF2, Galoob, Films, Ep 1, Lego, Classifieds
SSG Micro Machines and Lego Editor

03-22-2001, 01:47 AM
Okay, I love Episode I, but what happened with Yoda? Does anyone know why Lucas decided to change the physical look of Yoda? It's the one thing that really bugs me about EI (and probably II and III). I would like to hear your ideas and theories for the change. It better be a good reason to justify the lack of continuity that will occur between Epsiodes III and V.

03-25-2001, 12:36 AM
how would you look if you didn't get to take a shower for 20+ years? http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif i do like the ESB yoda better, but I think it was a point to make him look younger and more vital.

along the same lines, is it me or did the Jabba in EP1 look older/bigger than he did in A New Hope S.E.?

------------------
"Who's scruffy-looking?"

[This message has been edited by amarch (edited 03-24-2001).]

03-26-2001, 12:24 PM
As for Jabba, now that he's been done much better as CG in EI, when they release the DVD's maybe they'll go back and fix the EIV SE Jabba to make him match up.

Old_Cocky
03-26-2001, 12:47 PM
I think the deal with Yoda is that he is just fatter in EpI than he did in ESB, I think he is close to dying and just wasting away.

03-29-2001, 01:36 AM
In episode 1 Yoda looks so much younger because the Jedi are/were all at the peak of their powers with there being so many of them an all,and perhaps as their numbers dwindle so does their collective force powers.And when the Jedi are all but extinguished,perhaps the force power is relative to the predicament.As for the nose..........well er.......perhaps thats relative too.

------------------
"PERHAPS I CAN FIND NEW WAYS TO MOTIVATE THEM"

jwickjedi
03-29-2001, 06:56 PM
Who really "nose" these answers, really???

03-29-2001, 10:52 PM
yoda in ESB is obiously weak and about to die with really little power left