PDA

View Full Version : Qui-Gon as Anakin's Father??

JediTricks
02-01-2001, 09:10 AM
Biggs33 popped this idea into my head, and while it may not be the way it is, it's possible that it might be the way it is...

Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi knight who doesn't always follow the code, learns about the prophecy of the son of suns (perhaps born of starstuff, midichlorians - I tossed this in from no source BTW), and gets wrapped up in the concept of the boy who will bring balance to the Force. Qui-Gon does a lot of societal research about the galaxy - planets, customs, politics, etc. - and eventually zeroes in on the Outer Rim, then goes to Tatooine where he finds an unknown lass (Shmi) and decides to make a play to get her knocked up. Then the Jedi, in disguise, clouds her mind and beats a hasty retreat. Almost as soon as Qui-Gon returns to the Jedi order, he's given a new padawan learner, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and the teaching of this youngster the ways of the Force distracts Jinn from concentrating on his real son until he is sent to Naboo (Tatooine being in a straight line between Coruscant and this Naboo), where he sabotages the Queen's starship, let's his apprentice "find" Tatooine as a safe haven, and manipulates the situation to make sure he gets the ship to this planet and even parks the royal starship near the city where his slave woman was last. These actions cause his path to make a hard detour towards the dark side, and his ability to join with the Force at death is cut off by his self-serving deeds.

It's a possibility anyway, and seems kinda interesting to me. A slight twist on the "Luke, I am your father!" for Ep 2 or 3.

------------------
"At last, we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last, we will have tutti-******."

BHC Moderator of POTF2, Galoob, Films, Ep 1, Lego, Classifieds
SSG Micro Machines and Lego Editor

PodRacer_X
02-01-2001, 09:24 AM
That's a fun theory, especially poignant when Qui-gon presses Shmi for information about Annie's father. Plus his lame response to the Jedi Council that Midi-chlorians themselves might have impregnated Shmi is so dismissive, perhaps he is hiding something. Finally, his insistence to Obi-Wan that Anakin IS the chosen one, no question, points to the probability that this certainty is created by something concrete in Qui-Gon's mind which the audience is not privy to.

Whether Qui-Gon is the boy's father or not, I am certain he knew more about the circumstances of Anakin's existence than he let on. Perhaps the council does, too, since they are so insistent that the boy should not be trained on such vague evidence of fear. It may be a dark secret which Lucas is hiding up his sleeve, to be revealed to Annie and Obi-Wan later on, which precipitates his journey into the Dark Side.

Either way, I don't know ANYBODY who buys into the immaculate conception thing.

JediTricks
02-02-2001, 08:03 AM
I'm glad you liked the theory PRX, it popped into my head and I just had to share it with anybody who'd listen. Can you imagine in Ep 2 or 3 if Ki-Adi-Mundi said "Qui-Gon never told you what happened to your father... he was your father"? That'd be a riot (literally, people would tear theaters apart http://www.collectstarwars.com/ubb/images/icons/wink.gif)

------------------
"At last, we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last, we will have tutti-******."

BHC Moderator of POTF2, Galoob, Films, Ep 1, Lego, Classifieds
SSG Micro Machines and Lego Editor

02-08-2001, 03:21 AM
dang jedi tricks do you work at ups or do u have esp. me and a guy at work was discussing the same thing a couple of nights ago and he said the same exact thing.
but here is another theory with a bit of twist to it. jus think if senator palpatine as a youngster was turned away by the jedi's so he went to the dark side. and in turn got a slave girl pregant but did not know it and it turns out Darth sidious is anakins father.

02-08-2001, 03:25 AM
jus thought of somthing else it could explain why anakin goes to the dark side.
Obi wan or some of the other jedi attack darth sidious and anakin gets mad cuz they attack his father who he has jus discovered. so he turns to the dark side then starts to hunt down the jedi who attacked his father.
what do ya think. Brutal

apokolips
02-08-2001, 07:14 AM
That would explain why Ben and Yoda were so afraid of Luke finding out who his father was.

------------------
Burn Rourk (apokolips)
Moderator, collectstarwars.com forums; POTJ, Customizing, Films
apokolips@collectstarwars.com
See my custom figures at Wicked Force! (http://www.homestead.com/wickedforce)